Why the name change?

Baggins

I'm all for the new name and all, but is there any reason for it? It feels like it could be potential suicide for map popularity because few people actually read the load screen. I know its probably too late to change it back, i just wanted to know reasoning behind it.

i don't know the exact reason, but i see it as a chance. people who tried SotIS and did not like it in first time will now maybe try this map and say: Hey, i played this already!

Then they maybe get used to it easier, and join the community. Everyone else of the community knows what was going on.

Maybe we lose a few pub players, but not the good ones :D

The reason there was a name change was because the last website was controlled by Sidd and it was called playsotis.com. Migrating to a new site meant a new name and a new name to the game. And the fact that Aeon of Storms sounds a bit more professional and im pretty sure ekco hinted at it a while back when he put AoS in the game type, correct me if im wrong. Also its simpler to say than storm of the imperial sanctum.

I don't think it had anything to do with the website ordeal. AoS stands for aeon of strife he wasn't hinting at a new name for the game seeing as he was thinking about calling it SC all stars. Aeon of storms kind of lacks originality i think. sotis was a way better name.

The reason there was a name change was because the last website was controlled by Sidd and it was called playsotis.com. Migrating to a new site meant a new name and a new name to the game. And the fact that Aeon of Storms sounds a bit more professional and im pretty sure ekco hinted at it a while back when he put AoS in the game type, correct me if im wrong. Also its simpler to say than storm of the imperial sanctum.

to be fair nobody said storm of the imperial sanctum they said sotis :P whcih had a nice ring to it... AoS... im not even sure how to pronounce that =/

Archived