Tosh Discussion

ckcrown

I revived an old thread to discuss my build in another category...but thought it best to also post here for new people are more likely to read the "Guides and Strategy" section for hero builds.

I am not playing Tosh, most of the info on him is scattered and very dated. He doesn't seem to be often played in Pub games sooo figured a thread would be helpful to learn more about him and to discuss builds.

Hell, I didn't even know his W procd the stun with his Spectres until someone was nice enough to inform me in a game.

My current build is looking like this:

Machete

Lightning Rod

FoE

Pyre

Cauterizer

Cerebro

Sliptyde

not sure my exact order, just depends on the situation on what a prioritize. but Lightning rod is always my second.

Somewhere mid game after Pyre and even after FoE I start to feel a little too squishy. Tried gettng CoA to counter that, didn't make much of a difference.

Someone suggested _________ (Item that does Int + health, cant remember name). Which would give me health and increase my Spectres damage as well.

Also was thinking of Parallax

Trying to build me to be maximally sustainable in team fights and not wasting too much on damage items past Cauterizer because it seems to be worthless once I use my Ult...

Edited by ckcrown

Sooo I don't know why you feel squishy. You should have more health and armor/spell armor than your average carry. You're probably not outputting the same amount of damage as them though which could be why.

If you're going to build around his ultimate, then you could also try using Galactic Defender, which will give you the active to be less squishy, some spell armor, and the timescale when low hp.

Not everyone builds him around his ultimate though, you can build him like every other weapon damage carry and just use his ultimate as an escape tool, although Tosh lacks some of the more devastating damage amps that most carries have, his CC can make up for it in team and 1v1 fights if you don't lose your spectres to AoE.

Sooo I don't know why you feel squishy. You should have more health and armor/spell armor than your average carry. You're probably not outputting the same amount of damage as them though which could be why.

If you're going to build around his ultimate, then you could also try using Galactic Defender, which will give you the active to be less squishy, some spell armor, and the timescale when low hp.

Not everyone builds him around his ultimate though, you can build him like every other weapon damage carry and just use his ultimate as an escape tool, although Tosh lacks some of the more devastating damage amps that most carries have, his CC can make up for it in team and 1v1 fights if you don't lose your spectres to AoE.

What would I sacrifice in order to get galactic ?

I like the idea of galactic and then having a leech item, so once low hit galactic then allow my leech to hopefully fill me back up ?

Switch Foe for something, maybe a darwins. Honestly you shouldn't be getting Foe on any ranged adc type hero except for MAYBE tychus. If you are building around ult then yamato is ok.

Switch FoE all together, or sell it late game in favor of something else.

I was getting FoE principally because it allows my attacks to slow enemy (sometimes I am not terribly efficient with my stuns) and also gives me some health

going to play a few games tonight and will have a build update

Edited by ckcrown

• 2 weeks later...