LZ Help

ckcrown

hey all,

Typical beginner here and a big fan of LZ, so far. Was hoping for a little help on items.

Right now it is looking like:

1) Pendant

2) Goggles

3) Buckler

The last two in no particular order just depends

4) then I sometimes get lighting rod and later Cerebro (sell it extreme late game). I like the lightning strikes and feel like its effective (am I wrong?)

5) Tenderizer - Later Cauterizer

6) Chilling, if they don't have much DPS I skip this and get SHM

7) Predator Tusk - later retrofit

8) Never sure if I should get retribution edge or Dark Steel

Not really sure where to go... sometimes I end with my last items just as the game goes... Do I need HP ? more DMG? etc.

Why rush a INT item on a tank? I don't play AoS anymore, but I think lost treasure/goggles are better. Skip the pendant. When I play LZ I either play as DPS or (never) tank. Cerebro sucks on LZ.

You need: Pyre/Cauterizer/FoE/Sliptide/PhantomMenace/DarkSteel for some nice on hit damage with tankiness. You won't be wrecking everyone late game but its a decent damage build. SHM sucks late game. For tank someone else can post. But Chilling/Spell Buffer/Organic seem decent.

I don't think LZ is strong enough to be a Tier 1 tank anymore, nor is it strong enough to be a tier 1 DPS.

That aside, here's how I run LZ in pubs.

Cauterizer

Retribution Edge

Khali Blade

Coat of Arms

Chilling Artifact

Frozen Cuirass

Using LZ E and Haste, this build allows the LZ to match most carries in terms of DPS and forces them to try and kite you.

Here's what you do in a team fight. Silence a squishy you want to ring.Toss out Chilling to buy time. Bum rush the silenced target.

Explosive Retrofit doesn't work after the Q nerf. Without debuff immunity, Cauterisers will significantly reduce the leech, which isn't great on ER to begin with.

SHM is shap on LZ. The old LZ build had SHM, but that was because SHM used to be built from a GP10 item.

FoE is shap on LZ also. Just slow with Chilling. Sliptide is unnessary. LZ passives are a Sliptide onto themselves. Phantom Menace is LOL.

LZ needs a lot of damage to be a threat. Tanks like Drake and Justicar turn defence into offence in one way or another. LZ can't do that.

Edited by hbogyt

hbogyt's build is great for 1v5. when u farm all game, give some ganks here and there then proceed to lose the game with no assist.

lz's ult scales on hp and is designed for team fights so: organic, vanguard, spell buffer. the rest is situational.

Ult, buff team then proceed to dive and ring as your team rapes. if you have friends, as them to get a stunner to initiate for you to ring.

hbogyt is grand master in farmville and on eu. on na, he's halfway there to pubstar level.

inc eu rage lel

Yea, Lost Treasure and Goggles for starting items for the income. LZ can potentially have a tough time farming depending on who he is landing against, so having that safe income and that builds into useful items for yourself is beneficial.

Typically I go tank/support LZ, because there are better heroes at DPS/bruising than him.

Builds usually include Spell Buffer, Korhal, Organic, and then situational of CoA, Pyre, Taser, Chilling, eternal drive, and silver soul. If you have another support/tank that allows you to split up some of the team items and go a bit more DPS.

hbogyt's build is great for 1v5. when u farm all game, give some ganks here and there then proceed to lose the game with no assist.

lz's ult scales on hp and is designed for team fights so: organic, vanguard, spell buffer. the rest is situational.

Ult, buff team then proceed to dive and ring as your team rapes. if you have friends, as them to get a stunner to initiate for you to ring.

hbogyt is grand master in farmville and on eu. on na, he's halfway there to pubstar level.

inc eu rage lel

I clearly stated it was a pub build. Half the time, my team doesn't have a decent hard carry and I end up having to get DPS myself. My build is a balance between DPS and support. CoA, Frozen and Chilling are all support items, while the other 3 are DPS.

Frozen Cuirass gives almost as much health as Organic. What organic allows you to do is to disengage and engage again due to the regen.

Besides, farming is half the game. Too many noobs in pubs can't farm. They either get fed by noober noobs or don't get much money at all.

@ Jaysi

OP is clearly not talking about IH. In pubs, nobody freezes lanes. LZ can just wait for the creep wave to come and last hit under the tower.

There are also better supports than LZ. I'm not sure what LZ's new role is.

@ Jaysi

OP is clearly not talking about IH. In pubs, nobody freezes lanes. LZ can just wait for the creep wave to come and last hit under the tower.

There are also better supports than LZ. I'm not sure what LZ's new role is.

The pubs I played typically have seasoned players who do deny/freeze lanes or at least poke the hell out of you.

LZ's almost entire role is anti-burst/spell now. His wall used to be good to 'root' enemies but I feel there are much better heroes for such things.

I don't think LZ is strong enough to be a Tier 1 tank anymore, nor is it strong enough to be a tier 1 DPS.

That aside, here's how I run LZ in pubs.

Cauterizer

Retribution Edge

Khali Blade

Coat of Arms

Chilling Artifact

Frozen Cuirass

Using LZ E and Haste, this build allows the LZ to match most carries in terms of DPS and forces them to try and kite you.

Here's what you do in a team fight. Silence a squishy you want to ring.Toss out Chilling to buy time. Bum rush the silenced target.

Explosive Retrofit doesn't work after the Q nerf. Without debuff immunity, Cauterisers will significantly reduce the leech, which isn't great on ER to begin with.

SHM is shap on LZ. The old LZ build had SHM, but that was because SHM used to be built from a GP10 item.

FoE is shap on LZ also. Just slow with Chilling. Sliptide is unnessary. LZ passives are a Sliptide onto themselves. Phantom Menace is LOL.

LZ needs a lot of damage to be a threat. Tanks like Drake and Justicar turn defence into offence in one way or another. LZ can't do that.

Played with this, and not sure what I am doing wrong (as opposted to my old build) But I am noticing in most games I am falling far behind on kills/resources and become almost worthless.

I am feeling like I need a bit more damage/DPS early on while balancing my health to maintain survivability.

My typical play style in most games thus far is:

1) I either end up being the guy to engage

2) I find their squishy and try to trap with my ring and kill him [hopefully before he kills me]

3) rush in and use my shields to save teammates

however I like to be pretty effective for kills otherwise I fall behind and become worthless.

If you want an early game item that gives good stats and helps farming for the price could go eye of narud first. Plus the eye itself is a good scouting tool. You would sell it when you need slots later.

As for the rest of your build it really depends on what the team needs. If you need dps could go like coat, pyre, contam, darwins and then armor pen. Need a tank then maybe taser, buffer, korhal, shm, organic, lifetech, chilling. Maybe grab a dial early if you need some initiation. Dial in then ring.

LZ is very flexible in what you can build, so don't be afraid to experiment with him.