Yiggity

Yaldi

So i just played a gameas yig it went badly but i noticed that yig ulti is channeled like drake ulti or unix ulti so can be interrupted by silences as it is beingcast. i think this isnt really in keeping with the ulti as a whole and it should be more like pyro or rory ulti with a cast time. Thoughts?

So Yig's ult has both a channel time and a delayed ultimate? Whereas Rory and Pyro just have delayed ultimates?

I guess we could try it :) although Yig's ult has CC which seems a reason to me should be more challenging to use.

Edited by Jaysi

No. What, from my experience last night happened was:

I cast Yig's Ultimate the animation began, the circle that appears to give fair warning to run away and I got silenced during this 1.5s(i think its 1.5s) animation before the epic tentacles of death arrived to get me a double kill.

In my opinion it is like throwing stevie out then before it began firing you get silenced and it suddenly disappears.

Molotov? Bio burrow?

If yig gets buffed I would probably RQ. He needs no buffs. Hero is underplayed for how stupidly strong he is.

Molo has a channel time then as cast time. If you silence whilst the molo its moving through the air it isnt stopped. Bio burrow is the same.

The ulti is literally going off and you could warp shard or use a different ability then get silenced and the ulti disappears. No other ability has this mechanic as far as i can think.

P.s. i dont think yig is underpowered i just think this is a very odd interaction

Edited by Yaldi

I should have probably wrote a nomenclature in my first post so we are all on the same page.

Lets just use dota 2 terminology for cast times

cast time: the total time between pressing a button and the ability hitting

cast point: the time where the ability effectively becomes irreversible.

backswing: the time before the cast point. where an ability can be interrupted (the short "channel" for example on rory molo).

essentially for yig ulti the cast point is confusing because it is after the cast time... and you can essentially move and use abilities during the back swing...

The problem IMO with Yig is the same problem old Immo had. He was incredibly linear and straight-forward. You deplete your resources (quickly) with these spells then replenish them with these other spells. Rinse and repeat. Worse still are the 'hp stacking' E-focused builds that the rob the hero of a chance to be more dynamic.

But I wouldn't buff him.