Jakk's mines in bushes

MOTHER

I'm sure you noticed by now that bushes in AoS are 2 layered. The first layer is the obvious 'curtain doodads' that block vision of things within them and behind. But there is a second layer beneath consisting of a type of foliage.

This was done purely for aesthetic reasons. However, a byproduct of this is that Jakk's mines even with vision (TS and sentries) of the bush are still not visible to the naked eye. This means that Jakk can plant mines there with near impunity and make it very difficult to detect and attack his mines.

I'd like to share with you a little strategy for the sake of transparency in case you didn't already know. Queen's creep has a secondary effect of burning (literally you will see some black smoke clouds out sometimes) foliage on the map. Meaning her creep will permanently destroy the second layer of a bush (not the curtain obvs), this allows your team to more quickly and accurately detect and attack Jakk's mines when placed in bushes.

Edited by Jessika

So... we have to have queen to counter Jakk? Can't you make his mines glow through the foliage or something?

Well counter play is part of the game, Jakk counters Queen and Queen counters Jakk in different ways after all.

To answer your question, no I can't. Mainly because this isn't my department (or expertise for that matter) and I wouldn't even know if that is possible let alone how to do it. I know that in the LotV campaign when units are behind terrain large objects their silhouettes would show, but I don't know how to do that in AoS.

I already suggested that detected enemy land mines and wards should have distinct minimap icons like how currently allied wards appear on the minimap. Also ensuring that landmines have health bars that are visible (even at full health) to the enemy once detected would help make targeting them easier. This wouldn't solve this problem directly but it would certainly help.

Edited by Jessika

No please no flying vision ts. I spent hours on creating and blocking vision pathing to try to create a sense of realism with the fog of war. Universally accessible flying vision would flob everything up. It wouldn't even solve the problem (if that's what it is) raised in this thread since Jakk's mines are hidden beneath foliage first and foremost and then the bush curtain.

Harry, I kinda did. Creep destroys foliage and bushes have a layer of foliage. The bush itself is unharmed by the creep, but the foliage is destroyed for the rest of the match.

Edited by Jessika

I can't cite a photo now but look at any of the bushes in aos. The zerg side bushes are more clear on this.

The bush or curtain itself is that dead weed looking plant. The foliage is the destructible doodad within in. Looks like an actual green or yellow green bush.

It does nothing major except that it has no collision meaning you can walk through it or in Jakk's case place mines in it. The foliage hides the mines even if they are detected with TS. Creep destroys foliage. It's really simple.

There is foliage in other parts of the map but they are of no strategic value or concern.