Is Kuradel balanced?

MOTHER

I always liked the hero in RoA, especially after Whale removed my favorite (Swarm Host). If I could change one thing about the hero, it would probably be the heroic passive.

I would make the INT gain from kills temporary (but last like 60-120s at least), maybe raise the cap.

Alternatively, I would make the INT gain from the HP last indefinitely but Kuradel would lose 1/3 or 1/2 of collected INT everytime it dies. We had an item like this in AoS back in the day actually...

Edited by Jessika

You think Kura's passive is making him too strong?

Not necessarily no. It's just design-wise there is no risk/reward associated with it. It's not particularly interactive. It's one of my least favorite heroics (along with stuff like Cyp's HP).

it does have a point though, it makes kura weak early to gate the spell dps power. There is some risk reward, you risk putting kura into a situation where it gets wrecked and gets little cs. Aos has some bad passives but this one isn't among the worst, pretty average.

Balanced? No idea, doesn't seem to be leaning hard towards op or up though.

If you wan't to go after some bad passives cyp would be a good place to start.

@dresden

Yeah but imagine if the cap is increased for kuradel's passive but it loses some of the gained INT upon death. It rewards the better player and punishes bad plays. Kura lategame does still obscene damage though, I don't know if it's balanced but I know that it outshines many other caster damage dealers.

Kuradel/Corona are both examples of power creep too, or 'Whale creep' as someone else put it.

Uh pretty sure all the burst will destroy a team in a team fight....Kura is fine, very easy to counter. Dustin will rape just as hard as a kura in a team figh lets be honest...and from a more safe distance. I have seen the same people play kura, do good with it one game, get raped the next. I feel like the goal of AOS lately is to destroy all burst and snowball heroes because community sucks compared to two years ago.

Edited by BlackXioN

Some burst are better then other burst at teamfighting.

What makes kura so strong is the passive, so if it has a decent lane phase its pretty much come out ahead, but that shouldn't be a surprise and honestly if a kura is picked up its like saying "squishy immobile caster who scales late is going mid, may want to gank my ass if you want to win".