AOS Tournament Super Duper Special Edition

BlackXioN

10nut7p.jpg

Tournament Winners will be awarded

In-Game COLORED name.

Cash Prizes (provide by BlackXioN)

New Hero Skins (Provided by Atom)

In game –REKT command (provided by SCV)

Prizes will be sent Via Paypal to Team Captain(s) only. It is up to Team Captain(s) to distribute to his/her team members.

-Tournament will be the weekend of the June 11th

-Games will played always on eastern timezone Saturday and Sunday 9AM -

Rules:

Tournament format

-The league will be single elimination.

-Best of 3 Games.

-Brackets will be randomly generated the weekend before the tournament.

-15 min draft time limit

-Losers bracket best of one

***If there is not a high tournament turnout a double elimination will be considered***

Team Construction

-Teams will consist of 7 players MAX, 5 players and 2 substitute players.

***This rule has been changed to help with team numbers but also most teams don’t use subs and if they do it normally was one.***

Drafting Rules, Autobans and NA vs EU servers

*Usage of any character skin which alters the ability will be prohibited. (Eg. Kerrigan Skin)

The Default Game will be a DRAFT to determine Teams :

Only Captains will make the calls for picking and banning. Once each team's 5 heroes have been chosen, players can then choose which of those 5 heroes they wish to play. The ban and pick procedure is:

[Team 1] ; (Team 2)

1st Stage -> [bAN] -> (BAN) -> [bAN] -> (BAN) -> [bAN] -> (BAN) {1-1-1-1-1-1}

2nd Stage -> [PICK] -> (PICK) -> (PICK) -> [PICK] -> [PICK] -> (PICK) {1-2-2-1}

3rd Stage -> [bAN] -> (BAN) -> [PICK] -> (PICK) -> [PICK] -> (PICK) {1-1; 1-1-1-1}

We think this draft system feels more fair and competitive if you learn what Heroes your opponents plan to play. This also allows you to counter-pick and develop necessary synergy.

Additional Modes:

If BOTH team captains agree you may institute:

Autobans (Banning heroes BEFORE the draft begins)

Remember if both teams do not agree to these rules, the default rules of draft mode with no autobans will be played. You must keep (+1 pusher per team) if none heroes has been agreed for auto bans.

PUSHERS TO BE DETERMINED CLOSER TO TOURNAMENT

TEAM FROM NA vs TEAM FROM EU:

If Teams are located primarily on different servers; matches between two specific teams will be split to be played on NA server / EU server.

Still you will play at home (PROTOSS TEAM) and the second game as AWAY (Zerg team)

A game of RPS will be played , BEST OF ONE, the winner choosing the server to play the first game on. The second game will be played on the opposite server.

ALL GAMES ON NA WILL BE PLAYED ON NA EASTERN SERVER

***I am implementing a change to make the RPS a little more determining since in the past it really didn’t matter if you won or lost. This tournament, if best of 3 goes to a 3rd game, the winner of the rock paper scissors match automatically gets to choose the server for the last game***

Game-play and Brackets

- Brackets will be made the week before the tournament

- Teams have 30 minutes to gather teams after the start of the tournament and start drafting

- If a person if missing the team may use a substitute already registered to their team

***There will be NO waiting past 30 minutes for a SPECIFIC team member to log on, you MUST use a sub if he/she is available***

- If no substitute is free the team may elect to kick the afk member from their team and pick up someone who is not on a team, the person kicked may not return. The player will be put into the singles category.

- Extensions will be given if both teams agree

- Games past the first initial games will have the same rules applied, must start within 30 minutes of both being free from previous games, unless teams agree on a break

- Finals and SEMI finals will be played on SUNDAY, unless determined otherwise

***IF 5 OR MORE SINGLES HAVE REGISTERED A SINGLES TEAM WILL BE FORMED. THE TEAM WILL THEN DETERMINE A CAPTAIN***

Organizers and Streamers

- Any questions regarding tournament rules please refer to BlackXioN or DREX

- Streamers are welcome as long as both teams agree

- DREX and BlackXioN have the final say on any disqualification and rules

Registered Teams

Team RORRRITA

Drex - EL CAPITANN

BlackXioN - Busboy wearing a cut-off

Ryuuk - Replaced by Black for DREX Favorite

Destroyer - Mr. Serious

Lolita - Need Translator to understand

Revision - Mr. Monotone

Ice - Ice Ice Baby

Sppokey

ITL Team

Axtri

KaKashi

RodregRreZ

TOTOHOHO

fetex

Harry

I Scream Ice Dream

Zeratul - Dehaka so broke DUDE

Aiur - Quir

Fighter - Mr.Splitpush with anything

Jessika - Bedazzled AOS

Apophis - Mr. Sensitive Ears

Yaldi - Bans People for no reason and then when he caught acts like wtf happened? I just pressed a button I didn't know it would do that.

Polaczek - Autoban Jackson

Team FisssT

Zorro - Not even Mexican

Genesis - Genesis Champer ( sorry cant come up with anything clever)

DoubleG - GoofeyGoober

Barcode - Doesnt scan at walmart

Bubbs - Not a very 'Cool Guy' (google it buitches)

Anthanax - As deadly as he sounds

Ilyu - Ban tosh and sucks

DarkTerror

Damned Dagger Dug by Digging Down Deep

Fe11 - And broke his hip

GodLike - Always goes Reverse Godlike

GuZ - Starred In Home Alone

Snickers - Really prefers MilkyWays

Roland

Ludvig

Cescino

SpookeyGeorge

The Ex-Cons

Captain: Apache - Weedman Supreme

Highdrater - Summer needs buff / Blacks Biotch / Lifts but not even swole

Mayhem - Rushes COA on rancor

Dreamcrusher - Breaks his mic so no one hears his rage

Strider - The Great Black Afrian / Starred in LionKing

Syrus

The BackUp's no one needed

MrBackUp

Dafaq

IIjahi

MonoChrome

Kgnot

oxalate

Sharpshooter

Phantom

Lucifers Demons

LUCIFER

DonDominator

DrRipper

HighWalker

koCrazyDragon

Laussy

Konstantinii

predator

Elvin

Registered Singles

MrBackUp - Singles Captain

LUCIFER-Singles Captain

CrazyDragon

Laussy

Sharpshooter

HighWalker

Dafaq

IIjahi

DonDominator

DrRipper(would like to be on same team as DON and vise-versa)

Phantom

MonoChrome

Kgnot

oxalate

predator

konstantinii

Edited by BlackXioN

Can someone enlighten me on why only one pusher per team is permitted? Shouldn't going for a pusher strategy be a viable tactic? If such a rule needs to be put in place it only reveals a deficiency in game balance and counter pushing tools and strategies (see 'the pace of pushing' thread in balance debates). I played thousands of hours of DotA Captain's Mode and a pusher strat was always a gamble, with its pros and cons. But having it on the table as a team captain during drafting was always a great set of cards in your deck. Please don't give me the 'anti-fun' argument. There is also the reality that half the roster melts towers these days.

What are the rules also in regards to leavers/ragequitters/drops?

As a single registrant, will I and other single players have a say in the team that is forged? Can we get adopted by other teams as substitutes if necessary? Because if they like it they really should put a ring on it. (I'll see myself out)

Edited by Jessika

Nope

They might try to enlighten you but they can't or they just don't know.

Then maybe they should reconsider such rules. Also what is a pusher? Who are these so called "pushers"? Because everyone and their mother in AoS has waveclears these days (not to mention the items). Is being a summoner the only criteria for pushing? Because that's silly when we have Autoattackers mowing down towers and we have tanks that can tank a tower with ease. You don't need Gara or Queen or MK to take out 2-3 towers after a won teamfight. The fact of the matter it is, AoS has little to no respect for traditional hero roles and most everyone has been hybridized by now. Anyone or any number of hero combinations can decimate towers, just as fast and as soon as a "pusher".

Again I'd like an explanation or for such archaic rules to be revised. Every player/team has a forte, a set of heroes that they are exceptional at. Putting such a rule in place is actually discriminating against those players and handicapping their potential in drafts.

Edited by Jessika

archaic, just how i have put it before. The best response i got was "have you ever seen a pusher comp, it's op. They can win a team fight and then take your towers/base." This was when the fastest tower killers were agi heroes with sliptide which made it pretty funny.

And when someone picked a push comp cuz it wasn't auto'd we got jakk as our carry and some other wave clear to go with it, stomped that shap fast. The amount of wave clear in this game is so high i am not sure what these peoples problem with multiple pushers is.

You push lanes by either bolstering the number of units in the lane to tank the tower, and/or waveclearing the enemy units in the laning to push it down faster. The number of heroes and items that can do this in AoS is insane. If you are going to limit pushers to 1 per team, then heroes with AoE waveclears should be treated with the same resentment as summoners like Unix. Heroes like Drake that can tank a tower are pushers in this context too. Artanis? Yup, definitely a pusher.

See how ridiculous this can get? The problem is not pushers. The problem in AoS is lack of counter pushing. If someone invests in a pusher strat, I as a captain should be able to draft a counter push strat, or as a player invest in items to help alleviate the problem.

But in AoS, we have:

No buyback.

Poor BD protection.

No Tower fortification bonuses.

Generally weakened towers.

Lots of waveclear (making spells deal reduced damage to creeps is a bandaid solution, inelegant, and sorry to say, laughable IMO).

No variety of reliable counter pushing items.

Very limited mobility reduces possible response time (transport talent only, no teleport consumable or item like Dota for example)

And/or many other potential underlying causes.

Don't ban heroes that are not broken. Don't take away heroes from players. If it is a balance issue, then please treat it as such and take it up with the powers that be.

Edited by Jessika

First of all thanks to BlackXion for organizing the tourny, it looks like its gonna be a good tourny. Also since thers also money prizes along with skin rewards you should start spreading the word about this. When making loading screen writte all the prizes so we get more attention( also you need to be specific about money prizes and is it 8am EST), and I think its good idea to make 1 more skin(doesen't have to be as good as winners) for anyone that participates. And is there a mod on facebook page, so you can make few posts there. I think RedHydra is mod there is there some1 in contact with him? You can also post on blizzard forums might get more players.

Now about 1p rule

1 pusher rule is just outdated rule that me and few others are trying to remove. And the heroes considered pushers is also bs. Late game I think any hard INT hero or any AA can kill towers as fast as "pushers". I'm amazed also what heroes ppl decide to put on that list. Queen??? The logic is/was basicly: "Hey a hero can summon few units even if he has 0 AA dmg(hello queen) lets put him on pushers list".

The rule became outdated when whale nerfed the towers and made so heroes deal bonus 75% primary stat to towers. Only reason 1 pusher rule was ever implemented is cuz towers were epic OP tanky, plus heroes dealt like no dmg to towers, so only the heroes that were considered pushers could do it decently fast, and was legit to go for few pushers. Now any hero can push maybe not as fast as them early/mid game, but if thers nobody in lane, in mb 3-4 waves, compared to before in 10 waves.

Edited by ZERATUL

Who exactly can splitpush while teamfighting lol? That doesen't sound its anything related to 1p rule. Only heroes that can do it are tass and mk, but tass much more efficiant. If you think thats OP then its problem with tass, not 1p rule.

Edited by ZERATUL

Aeren i've been saying for weeks that all summoned units need to have a finite duration. Especially Tass and MK bribe, forcing the heroes to continuously resummon just like everybody else. This suggestion has fallen on deaf ears. The problem isn't split pushing, but no illusion or spawn should last indefinitely. That's bad design.

Give MK's bribe and Tass illusion timed lives and it will suffice. A leash isn't necessary if the former is in place.

I Agree, I am thinking of doing away with the 1p rule, and autos for that matter. Should make the game more interesting. Of course if something is COMPLETELY broken like no aa animation for lurker it will be auto. But someone who doesn't wanna counter an alarak which is COMPLETELY counter-able then whatever, you can always ban it and it leaves the standard boros ban or tosh ban open. But I have talked about getting rid of the 1p rule cause lets face it a lot of AA's, especially shadow and grunty, destroy towers very fast and can do this pretty early.

Edited by BlackXioN

Also the date can be changed if people want to an earlier or later date. DREX is already stating he might have problems showing so I am fine moving it to the week of the 10th. Anyone who is fine with this let me know or likes the current date.

Edited by BlackXioN

Wtf, last time i mentioned 1p rule i got shap on and 1 of the people who didn't want to get rid of it was zeratul (this was a long time ago though)

I think MK bribe should be a leash range, it seems to fit better to me. Tass idk

If you want mk bribe to be timed it needs to be buffed or have a long duration, but if it had a long duration you could still split with it so buff would make more sense.

Wtf, last time i mentioned 1p rule i got shap on and 1 of the people who didn't want to get rid of it was zeratul (this was a long time ago though)

I think MK bribe should be a leash range, it seems to fit better to me. Tass idk

If you want mk bribe to be timed it needs to be buffed or have a long duration, but if it had a long duration you could still split with it so buff would make more sense.

Well MK's Bribe should scale with his STR/Health and/or DMG but that's besides the point. Just have bribe last a timed duration and make it so that at level 16 at least the bribe duration and bribe cooldown are very close - allowing for back to back bribes. This forces MK to be present next to mercenaries. Tass's illusion should also have a timed duration with a cooldown that matches it. Leash is overly complex in this situation IMO. I'd like to continue this discussion and I don't want to derail the thread further so let's take it to balance debates if you like. :)

I Agree, I am thinking of doing away with the 1p rule, and autos for that matter. Should make the game more interesting. Of course if something is COMPLETELY broken like no aa animation for lurker it will be auto. But someone who doesn't wanna counter an alarak which is COMPLETELY counter-able then whatever, you can always ban it and it leaves the standard boros ban or tosh ban open. But I have talked about getting rid of the 1p rule cause lets face it a lot of AA's, especially shadow and grunty, destroy towers very fast and can do this pretty early.

Thank you. I also agree about autobans being limited to stuff just like Lurker AA. However this has been fixed, and I am hoping Adam will reel in some of the overtly powerful heroes in the the new patch (with the new terrain revision!) before the tourney starts. This'll make autobans really unnecessary by then.

I don't think I have a problem with the change in weekends but the first weekend is probably gonna be better.

Edited by Jessika