Huntress R

MOTHER

Someone enlighten me about how this 'skillshot' is balanced please?

• It costs a measly 150 mana (which is nothing in AoS thanks to the overflow of energy items).
  • Can have its already short cooldown dramatically reduced and practically reset due to heroic passive.
  • Can deal more than 140% weapon damage as bonus damage with E.
  • It scales with INT.
  • It scales with Weapon Damage.
  • It scales with target max health.
  • It scales with distance traveled.
  • It's a global projectile with above average travel speed and a very forgiving 3u width AoE.
  • The execution threshold is fixed across all 3 levels instead of giving it a proper level scaling.
  • Lastly, and if I am not mistaken the execution threshold applies AFTER it deals its damage instead of before. Meaning if your health drops below the threshold after it deals all its damage it will execute you, instead of having it execute you only if your health is below the execution threshold in the beginning.

While everyone (self included) is busy moaning about Artanis and Evil Artanis, let us not forget this creeping evil that's bubbling just beneath the surface. It can be extremely easy to snowball and be utterly successful with Huntress and it is almost entirely because of R. It's not enough that all 4 of her skill can deal direct damage (even though she is not a caster), or that her heroic passive can allow her to be relentless in her hunting, but then you tag on Ancient Apparition's ult from DotA (a very powerful spell in that game) and pump it full of steroids.

Something is gotta give IMO. Since I'm not one to just complain I will offer my suggestions (in list format no less!):

• Remove the INT scaling from the ult completely. Or remove the weapon damage scaling from the ult completely, and then adjust the numbers accordingly. 2 scales don't make a right, or 4 scalings this case. I would say the same about her Q but I will leave that for another day.
  • The max health scaling for the execution threshold should rescale from 10% across all levels to 8/9/10%.
  • The distance scaling for the execution threshold should rescale from 1% per distance traveled across all levels to 0.5/0.75/1% per distance traveled.
  • The 3u wide AoE should be 2.5u at most. Point blank R is just braindead silly. Alternatively have it start at 1.5u wide and incrementally increase to a maximum of 3u wide as it travels.
  • This one here is KEY: Execution should apply ONLY if the target's max health is below the threshold BEFORE R deals its damage. If the target's max health is below the threshold after the damage it dealt, it should not be executed. If this is the way it is already then ignore this point please.
  • The heroic passive reduces cooldown by a percentage rather than a fixed number. This one is just a bonus and may be entirely unnecessary if one or some of the changed above are implemented.

Thank you for your taaahm.

Edited by Jessika

I agree ult is rly good but I have bigger problem with huntress. You can't flobing denie. He just right clicks creeps and is gonna get last hit after 3 AAs and you can't do much about it.. Or remove that his E works on creeps or make it like 5-6 hits with bigger dmg against non heroic units.

The ult is fine, if its right at you it execute at 10%..... its 2.5 units wide I see plenty of people miss it when its even right in front of them. Landing an ult half way to even all the way accross the map is indeed a skill shot and still is all about positioning. As stated above the ult is def not the problem. I personally hate how even when huntress isn't facing you you are slowed when heading toward him, but debuffs takes care of that. The ult was slower (20 units) and its was completely shap. You literally saw its on your screen and moved out of the way. IT looked like the Independence day space ships coming toward you. I would leave the ult as be. the hero was designed to be a glass canning, having no escape or cloak like majority of the other aa carrys, hero is still VERY easily countered. Not saying he isnt strong, just saying he shouldn't be nerfed. He is very easily owned early to mid game and is strong late game, you know kinda like a carry is suppose to be.

The max health scaling for the execution threshold should rescale from 10% across all levels to 8/9/10%.

Uhh cause 1 percent makes a difference, there will be no point in leveling it up past level 1 ult

The distance scaling for the execution threshold should rescale from 1% per distance traveled across all levels to 0.5/0.75/1% per distance traveled.

You realize the mex excution is like 24% right? thats from one side of the map from the other, good luck hitting that 1/18 times

It scales with distance traveled.

already scles with distance traveled and the ACTUAL damage part from it without the execution is very low for ult damage, just saying

It's a global projectile with above average travel speed and a very forgiving 3u width AoE.

Its really 2.5 as you can see from change logs, it was slower before hand and was COMPLETELY shap as stated before this

This one here is KEY: Execution should apply ONLY if the target's max health is below the threshold BEFORE R deals its damage. If the target's max health is below the threshold after the damage it dealt, it should not be executed. If this is the way it is already then ignore this point pleasy

Again you realize has low the damage is right? This is completely dumb idea and what would be the point in the damage of the ult at all? Congrats you damaged someone mid map or on the other side of the map they go heal. the design for the ult is FINE

The heroic passive reduces cooldown by a percentage rather than a fixed number. This one is just a bonus and may be entirely unnecessary if one or some of the changed above are implemente

Now your just trying to find random shap to change

I agree ult is rly good but I have bigger problem with huntress. You can't flobing denie. He just right clicks creeps and is gonna get last hit after 3 AAs and you can't do much about it.. Or remove that his E works on creeps or make it like 5-6 hits with bigger dmg against non heroic units.

OR just make it deal half damage to creeps? Although I only see this as a prob early game.

Edited by BlackXioN

The max health scaling for the execution threshold should rescale from 10% across all levels to 8/9/10%.

Uhh cause 1 percent makes a difference, there will be no point in leveling it up past level 1 ult

Yes 1% makes a difference, but this suggestion isn't isolated and is meant to go in tandem with the rescaling of the distance damage. I don't see the logic behind the second part.

The distance scaling for the execution threshold should rescale from 1% per distance traveled across all levels to 0.5/0.75/1% per distance traveled.

You realize the mex excution is like 24% right? thats from one side of the map from the other, good luck hitting that 1/18 times

Yes I do realize the max execution threshold, the point being is that it should not be available to a hero like Huntress early game. Huntress is not a caster, not a support hero, she should not be able to deal this kind of damage from level 6. Note how at level 16 Huntress is completely unchanged according to my suggestions.

It's a global projectile with above average travel speed and a very forgiving 3u width AoE.

Its really 2.5 as you can see from change logs, it was slower before hand and was COMPLETELY shap as stated before this

The AoE and projectile speed are fine if the execution threshold is rescaled. Having said that, 3u or 2.5u AoE at point blank range in a teamfight is not a skill shot.

This one here is KEY: Execution should apply ONLY if the target's max health is below the threshold BEFORE R deals its damage. If the target's max health is below the threshold after the damage it dealt, it should not be executed. If this is the way it is already then ignore this point pleasy

Again you realize has low the damage is right? This is completely dumb idea and what would be the point in the damage of the ult at all? Congrats you damaged someone mid map or on the other side of the map they go heal. the design for the ult is FINE

You are seeing things in a vaccuum. Huntress can deal tremendous damage with her combo. The lethality of her ult does not come from hitting people across the map, it's from the double and triple kills she can get in team fights with a pointblank R. She needs 3 assists to reset R's cooldown completely and that's assuming she has no CDR items. If you are going to keep the execution threshold after the base damage inflicted then you need to reconsider the double damage scaling R is getting and the bonus damage it gets from E.

The heroic passive reduces cooldown by a percentage rather than a fixed number. This one is just a bonus and may be entirely unnecessary if one or some of the changed above are implemented

Now your just trying to find random shap to change

"This one is just a bonus and maybe entirely unnecessary if one or some of the changes above are implemented".

Edited by Jessika

I think bowman just too good on huntress

He's a great player, but he is also a great expression of all the possible abuse Huntress can inflict. As good as he is he isn't able to replicate his insane success with Huntress with other heroes he plays. That's not because he isn't skilled, but rather because Huntress is easy to snowball with and abuse.

Edited by Jessika

Pretty sure Zera was just trolling you, according to mumble

Doesn't matter what he was trying to do. My point still stands, Bowman is a good player and his Huntress is one of the best Huntresses in pubs right now. But this is all besides the point of the thread.

the W is the main thing I would like changed. I think its dumb people are slowed coming to huntress even when he is running away. He needs to be facing them for them to be slowed imo. But changing his E back to the way it was will make him shap again. The ult is fine in my opinion. Change the W and lower the amount 10%, to where it was before(idk why this part was buffed btw) and he will be better off. Still squishy and easy to one shot.

the W is the main thing I would like changed. I think its dumb people are slowed coming to huntress even when he is running away. He needs to be facing them for them to be slowed imo. But changing his E back to the way it was will make him shap again. The ult is fine in my opinion. Change the W and lower the amount 10%, to where it was before(idk why this part was buffed btw) and he will be better off. Still squishy and easy to one shot.

Yes it's dumb that people are slowed when approaching a non-facing Huntress, but this isn't necessarily why Huntress has an easy and low risk laning phase, or why Huntress can snowball out of control faster than most other carries.

Late-game Huntress is fantastically appropriate for her role. I just want the ult to be rescaled at lvl 6 and 11. It should not be killing as easily as it is now and there are many variables going into her R that can be altered or removed to fix this easily. I think the best conservative remake of her ult would be something along the lines of:

Deals 150/250/350 + (150% Weapon Damage) physical damage and instantly executes enemies with max health less than (8/9/10% + 0.5/1/1.5% for every 10u of distance traveled).

This way you are:

Removing the superfluous INT scaling and buffing Weapon Damage Huntress.

You are nerfing early game, laning phase, and point blank range Huntress

But you are buffing late game and long distance skill shot Huntress.

Edited by Jessika

No zera said there is a problem with his E early game making impossible to stop him from farming.

And you know I said milion times on mumble about his ult, I dont like that the ult passive works after the acctual ult deals dmg. This makes it so that all huntress has to do to squishy is 1 AA+1aa/q+ult and someone is dead cuz ult execute will be calculated after all the dmg from E and ult are done.

Edited by ZERATUL