Superheated mantle and Demigod combined.

John

On the paper the item might seem fine, it adds some hp, armour and damage.

But in reality the item is silly, as our own developer would put it, "it makes you able to 1 vs 1 early stage game."

So we have now identified the item as a strong 1 vs 1 item,

what about teamfights?

The range is 4,6 on this item, a burning torso.... ok

Anyway the 4,6 range becomes a problem in a team fight as you get free assists for just being nearby so basically you are granted money on nearly everyone that dies as long as you are nearby ( which you should be).

On top of this there's a RETARDED talent that gives you 14% hp and mana for each person you happened to be nearby with your mantle.

Both the item and the talents are bs by itself, combined is just plain stupid...

Thoughts on this? ( not asking you blackxion)

Edited by John

I'd say the bigger problem is demigod (and some STR heroes), but 'free' assists should not be acceptable.

For demigod, I'd consider a severe nerf to its numbers. Down to 7-9 percent at least.

For SHM, you can't nerf it any more without destroying the item. The best you can do (without redesigning the item altogether) IMO is nerf the range a little further. That way the risk of applying the aura (thereby getting the assist) increases, to help counterweight the rewards.

An alternative solution is to tighten and reel in the conditions that would grant one a hero assist, but this has broad implications and other heroes should not be punished for the abuse of a few.

Edited by Jessika

I already said on mumble what should be done before changing heroes, what do you guys think

1)Make so mantle doesen't proc any items(nitrogen for example)

2)Nerf phantom menace

3)Nerf demigod and put it in different tree(I'd say utility, but I didn't think what would replaces be)

4)Don't listen to blackxion

Thoughts?

Edited by ZERATUL

Lol i love the complaint "free" assists. If you have to buy an item to do anything it's not free, you payed for that item to do its thing.

You know what he meant. Obviously it isn't free. A better word would've been 'easy assists' or braindead assists.

Assists give you money and interact with item and spell passives giving heroes bonuses for them. SHM's intended purpose is not what it is being discussed here, rather it is the item's byproduct ability to farm assists with relative ease.

I already said on mumble what should be done before changing heroes, what do you guys think

1)Make so mantle doesen't proc any items(nitrogen for example)

2)Nerf phantom menace

3)Nerf demigod and put it in different tree(I'd say utility, but I didn't think what would replaces be)

4)Don't listen to blackxion

Thoughts?

1) Unless you want to make it true no damage, then no. See Dresden's response.

2) Yes.

3) Nerf yes, different tree no. It would displace the other talents. Not worth the hassle.

4) Isn't he always being ironic? Or is he serious? I can't tell with him anymore.

Edited by Jessika

Okay. First of all I have no complaint with easy assists. There are a fair amount of skills that help you secure kills without doing damage and securing an assist(token damage for example not being present). Zoning out enemies gives you no assists. I would either update token damage on a lot of skills or make assists a proximity given again. Yes it's frustrating when you walk into a team of 5 and all of them get assists when really only 1 or 2 of them did damage/cc, but it's also frustrating to participate in kills without being rewarded.

Could we possibly make shm into single target only similar to like immortals old ultimate. Still gives tanks/supports some easy damage without requiring AAing. Still doesn't help the 1v1 situations. Could make the damage (lower damage) component cheaper and without the health/armor and make a more expensive item that has both the damage and the health/armor.

Doesn't Lol have like sunfire cape or some similar item? How have they balanced it?

Edited by Jaysi