Buff Heroes or Nerf Heroes?

axtrimaitex

I have noticed that this last time this game is more unbalanced than usual, since the new heroes came out. The power of heroes like Cow were decreased and i dont know why considering the super powerfull heroes already exist like Boros and of course Penthos. In the other side there are super weak heroes who cant be used early game or even middle game, like shadow or Kerry, and others. As i dont like the idea of decreasing the power of the heroes, because the game would put slower, i suggest start empowering the forgotten heroes considering the level of the most OP heroes, like Penthos.

I agree with you Jaysi

On top of that I like to add the following:

For some of the new heroes there's no need to build full damage items like you need on the old heroes, instead you build them utility and tank oriented and you will end up having both highest damage in and out during that game, unless of course there's another new hero to downgrade you to rank #2. Being able to build tanky and still dishing out very high amounts of damage makes the hero very forgiving to play as there is way more room for mistakes and getting away with it.

If anyone bothered to compare how often the new heroes are banned or picked in inhouses ( I guess pubs would show similiar results considering that some of these heroes flobs people up 1 vs 1 or why not 1 vs 3.+ tower too) and then compare it with how often old heroes are picked ( obviously taking the total amount of heroes into account) it would be even more clear.

Every inhouser as well as our developer is already aware that the new heroes are either banned or first picked every game. However our hard working ( I really appreciate all of your efforts put into this) doesn't seem to be in a rush to nerf his own heroes...

And no, I'm not demanding a super hardcore nerf, but there's a reason these heroes are always picked / banned.

If there would be a tournament you'd see every flobing new hero picked and banned every game.

Shadow still wrecks face if the player knows what to build and pick engagements, he actually needs some brains to plan kills now

Kerrigan still owns

Hm I think now that stats at the end game are being mentioned, does it always mean that it gets stuff done?

Not always, some dot or aoes that don't do enough DMG to look very significant, it can give you DMG out

Just a thought

Every inhouser as well as our developer is already aware that the new heroes are either banned or first picked every game. However our hard working ( I really appreciate all of your efforts put into this) doesn't seem to be in a rush to nerf his own heroes...

And no, I'm not demanding a super hardcore nerf, but there's a reason these heroes are always picked / banned.

If there would be a tournament you'd see every flobing new hero picked and banned every game.

At least there's 1p and 1a

Edited by accountzZ

I feel like the older/UP heroes are more item dependent than the newer/OP heroes. So it's easy peasy for them if they're underfarmed and maybe evenish late game with maxed items.

When you compare the first generations of AGI and STR heroes to the most recent it becomes very obvious that the new batch that include Artanis, Alarak, and Pyro are very item independent (They are the very definition of power creep). They come online fast and can deal huge damage partly because of their item independence allowing them to pursue selfish builds quickly. But also because their skillset is basically one direct damage spell after the other. To top it all off they are not 'spellcasters' yet they enjoy the full benefits of being AGI or STR heroes.

I honestly think they need to be reviewed/revised, because they make half the roster feel redundant.

When you compare the first generations of AGI and STR heroes to the most recent it becomes very obvious that the new batch that include Artanis, Alarak, and Pyro are very item independent (They are the very definition of power creep). They come online fast and can deal huge damage partly because of their item independence allowing them to pursue selfish builds quickly. But also because their skillset is basically one direct damage spell after the other. To top it all off they are not 'spellcasters' yet they enjoy the full benefits of being AGI or STR heroes.

I honestly think they need to be reviewed/revised, because they make half the roster feel redundant.

'huge amounts'

(listed only below is Strength and AGI)

obviously you havent seen khyrak balrog,justi, drake, mk, brine, darpa, warfield,huntress grunty, vorpal, SS, tosh, imm, penthos,tychus etc

All these heroes are older and dont need items to be tanky, high damage, or be useful, just saying. Warfield and grunty prob being the strongest out of the agi (only need lvl 1 warfield to do stupid damage, grunty needs lvl 2 to have insane damage with stun) Vorpal need javs to do good damage lvl 1 more than pyro, along with khyraks early damage, and lets not forget brines damage along with speed, stun. I am not saying the new heroes (pyro is older btw like two years) are strong, but ALOT of the olds are very strong. Pretty much any hero who has a heroic that increases damage with be very strong with no items, if thats the case then heroics should be changed, notice that most of those heroes have heroic damage buffs.

PS- AA micro about to be on the list cause I so OP with it.

Edited by BlackXioN

It's not really old vs new heroes, some of the heroes that haven't changed much since sotis are very strong, and some that have been introduced in aos are weak. Besides artanis and red artanis most of these hero problems are item and talent related, until you change the game the heroes are going to keep getting changed(buff/nerf).

PSH grunty has so much damage with out items are you kidding me? Tosh still stuns the flob out of you + 8% true damage per sec on smoke....

You literally get 1 to two items on either one of those heroes and they are set. BHM on grunty + shinobi = gg or just revolver I mean come on

and to the get behind statement I am pretty sure any hero that gets behind just feeds or is completely useless, just saying.

Edited by BlackXioN

PSH grunty has so much damage with out items are you kidding me? Tosh still stuns the flob out of you + 8% true damage per sec on smoke....

You literally get 1 to two items on either one of those heroes and they are set. BHM on grunty + shinobi = gg or just revolver I mean come on

and to the get behind statement I am pretty sure any hero that gets behind just feeds or is completely useless, just saying.

Not true, thats why you want farm on certain heroes, because they scale better with items. A grunty who gets behind or is even will probably lose the game because he won't be strong enough to break high-ground. Compare this with someone like a rory who will still have a large impact in fights even if he has 0 items as long as he gets his spells off. Tosh is dependent on his spectres, kill them and hes a shapty carry, if they are alive he will stun lock you till you are dead.

The problem with grunty imo is something soed brought up in his thread, the lack of teamplay lets the hero snowball out of control. Or the lack of cc. So you say all he needs is bhm/shinobi, but when does he get that. Because if he doesn't get them at a decent time he won't be able to snowball the game. Every grunty I see that does good is like a minimum of 1 item ahead of every other hero in the game.

Also it would be interesting to have a mini-tourney just to see what is picked/banned in it and what does well.