Immortal

MOTHER

Q is weak as flob. It deals no damage yet has the audacity to cost 15% of max energy.

It doesn't have to deal damage by the way, but it needs to give more or cost less. How about buffing the scaling base damage per level (which is almost non-existent)? Letting the stun and/or AoE scale with the duration? More pushback? Lower CD? More vision could also come in handy during siege.

Perhaps also make the duration count start from the moment the projectile leaves Immo rather than when it stops at the target location, or just make it reach maximum damage faster.

R also has weak scaling for an ult. I propose buffing the energy scaling from 5% of Max Energy to 5/6/7 or 4.5/5.5/6.5%.

The hero deals little to no damage early game, but he is not particularly weak. Just needs a few tweaks to become optimal.

It's funny because Strider was complaining that the q was dealing 300 damage to him about 10 minutes in the game as he was playing tosh. I think immortal is one of the stronger heroes in the game right now. Easily tanking high damage while dealing pretty decent damage. The last ih I played immortal in I had most damage in, in the game and like 3rd most damage out lol

Not sure what is happening in your games, immortal is not a weak hero. I have gone support immortal in ih and ended up having the most damage out and all i did was buy the support items with energy so i could have some scaling.

tbh i would lower the amount of damage his q can do if you throw it on someone and immediately blow it up. not much counter play to that besides staying more than 6 units away. Buffing how fast the damage scales up would be a good trade.

Edited by Dresden

NONOONO I AGREE BUFF!!

It doesnt really do that much damage if its insta blown up. And its pretty easily dodged.

I think all his abilities are pretty perfect, as much as I would like to see him buffed to where he was 4 months ago. the Q does a decent amount of damage at full capacity but has to sit there awhile to do it. His Q and insta pop doesn't do much damage compared to other Q's. His ult does damage but over time but not a crazy amount. his W is strong but there are plenty of other heroes who give more OP shields than imm, lz egon, penthos, etccccc.

Edited by BlackXioN

his W is strong but there are plenty of other heroes who give more OP shields than imm, lz egon, penthos, etccccc.

Lol, such a manipulative statement. Considering two of the shields mentioned are from ultimate abilities with cooldowns that are probably 4 times as long as Immortal W.

As much as I would enjoy making shield comps to abuse(it's probably not even that strong so maybe not even abuse) immortal heroic passive, doesn't it only apply to literally one of his skills? Shouldn't like all of his skills give him shields or something to make it worthwhile? Q is a long range skill and doesn't totally make sense to give him shields but R is initiation and I could see that giving him shields. And I'm not saying buff him, but slightly adjusting his kit to make more sense and buff/nerf where needed.

Edited by Jaysi

Lol, such a manipulative statement. Considering two of the shields mentioned are from ultimate abilities with cooldowns that are probably 4 times as long as Immortal W.

As much as I would enjoy making shield comps to abuse(it's probably not even that strong so maybe not even abuse) immortal heroic passive, doesn't it only apply to literally one of his skills? Shouldn't like all of his skills give him shields or something to make it worthwhile? Q is a long range skill and doesn't totally make sense to give him shields but R is initiation and I could see that giving him shields. And I'm not saying buff him, but slightly adjusting his kit to make more sense and buff/nerf where needed.

Yes it applies to one of his skills. But there are also 2 items and other heroes with shields that benefit from it.

See the thing is...

He still has great utility despite not doing the dmg you want him to do

You probably don't care about IH

People pick him most of the time

was gonna say i dont play IH much. would. maybe have couple heros good enough at. but was gonna say you get a good immort build and he does FINE already. maybe some more powerful heros but thats a problem with them.

Dont know if it would work in house but i always open with kinetic cerbro sunflare

Honestly, I must be speaking a different language or the reading comprehension of some users here is flobing kindergarten level.

At no point did I say that Immortal is weak.

I said Q is weak and I said his ult has poor energy scaling. I laid out my reasons why I think the spells are not the best they can be. This is about tweaking the hero to make him a better design. Right now Q is a very inelegant design IMO. If the best justification for giving a hero a bad spell is that he has a good one then you have no idea how to design a hero. All spells need to be good.

flobing read before you hurl insults or go all ad hominem on my ass. No wonder this community is flobing dead. Jeez.

Q is weak as flob. It deals no damage yet has the audacity to cost 15% of max energy.

It doesn't have to deal damage by the way, but it needs to give more or cost less. How about buffing the scaling base damage per level (which is almost non-existent)? Letting the stun and/or AoE scale with the duration? More pushback? Lower CD? More vision could also come in handy during siege.

Perhaps also make the duration count start from the moment the projectile leaves Immo rather than when it stops at the target location, or just make it reach maximum damage faster.

R also has weak scaling for an ult. I propose buffing the energy scaling from 5% of Max Energy to 5/6/7 or 4.5/5.5/6.5%.

The hero deals little to no damage early game, but he is not particularly weak. Just needs a few tweaks to become optimal.

I disagree about the q being weak early, the early game to the mid game is when it does the most damage compared to other heroes spells.

The Q isn't just a damage spell, it is cc and utility. It can damage, scout, stun, and knock back while being great wave clear if charged. Tell me how can that be bad, you say it in your posts that this ability is bad and all abilities need to be good. If you make this ability do more damage you are just going away from what this hero is.

Sure people over reacted to your post but you call parts of this hero bad when that is straight up not true. Trying to tell people how to design a hero when you completely overlook this hero's design is an odd way to get your point across but w/e floats your boat.

Also I'm pretty sure R is bugged, on all lvls when you level it up it says 5%, but when you look in his abilities its 5/7.5/10%

Yea, I found and pointed this out to Adam when I was updating strength heroes.

Immortal R: Energy cost is 20%. The ability is made like every other ability so I'm not sure why it doesn't show on tooltip. It is 5% Max Energy Scaling.

Also I'm pretty sure R is bugged, on all lvls when you level it up it says 5%, but when you look in his abilities its 5/7.5/10%

That explains half my problem with the hero. Thanks for clarifying.

I disagree about the q being weak early, the early game to the mid game is when it does the most damage compared to other heroes spells.

The Q isn't just a damage spell, it is cc and utility. It can damage, scout, stun, and knock back while being great wave clear if charged. Tell me how can that be bad, you say it in your posts that this ability is bad and all abilities need to be good. If you make this ability do more damage you are just going away from what this hero is.

I explained in the first sentence the major problem with this spell. It costs too much energy for what it gives early game. The base damage scaling is also really poor, while the explosion damage is very situational. I propose the following:

Remove the base damage entirely, now Q only deals damage when it detonates. Q explosion now deals moderate base damage + 3% of max energy per second for every second the orb has been out, and it also starts counting from the moment the orb leaves Immortal. Spell damage peaks at base damage + 15% of Max Energy (out for 5 seconds).

Now the important part, Q costs 5% of Max Energy for the initial cast + 3% of Max Energy per second (up to 5 seconds) for every second the orb has been at play. At most Q can cost 20% of Max Energy (more than before) but with this adjustment the player can better manage the energy cost and keeps it in proportion with the purpose of the orb. Meaning the minimum cost of Q will likely be 8% (5% of Max Energy + 3% of Max Energy per second for 1 second of being at play) and this is almost half of what it is now.

But for this to work perfectly, Q must now only deal explosion damage and the damage numbers rescaled according. Likewise the mana cost needs to change from a static 15% to 1 part fixed and 1 part that scales with the damage. Stun duration, cast range, and everything else remain unchanged.

Edited by Jessika

Hmm well I think immortal is a hero that is a bit of a strange hero to try and pickup and succeed with because threes a lot of suttee things you have to take advantage of. I don't particularly think the hero is weak at all once you've learned how it functions, the quickest way to learn this hero is to watch someone else that has already got the playstyle down, you start to realize how annoying this hero can be, it has a pretty strong lane phase, Q when you learn how to place it is really annoying to deal with as the enemy you can zoneout/outtrade with the vast majority of heros. W is used to to poke in lane, whenever your opponent goes for a cs, you w the creep. Mid game Q and W combo with celebro can literally insta clear waves when used properly. As for mana I don't see much issues when you build properly. As for whether it needs a buff, it doesn't seem overly weak, nor overly strong. It does have weaknesses, it seems to fall off end game pretty hard.

Edited by ShoopMan

Your suggestion for the q change is decent but when you're arguing about 15% Max energy, keep in mind that he probably starts the game with like 400 energy and 15% of that is only 60 which is a pretty small energy cost. Once he's bought an energy item and hits 1000 energy and the q costs 150 energy that still not much. Like I think Kerrigans q costs like 120. Also because it's % mana and he has free flat regen, if you don't have a huge energy pool then you basically don't run out of energy.

Honestly, I must be speaking a different language or the reading comprehension of some users here is flobing kindergarten level.

At no point did I say that Immortal is weak.

I said Q is weak and I said his ult has poor energy scaling. I laid out my reasons why I think the spells are not the best they can be. This is about tweaking the hero to make him a better design. Right now Q is a very inelegant design IMO. If the best justification for giving a hero a bad spell is that he has a good one then you have no idea how to design a hero. All spells need to be good.

flobing read before you hurl insults or go all ad hominem on my ass. No wonder this community is flobing dead. Jeez.

I been there sorry.