Stop using Molds to make new Heroes.

FroggyKilla

Yig is a drake mold, and someone filled it with gold, compared to lead when making a drake. Yig should get a rework.

Medic is literally Penthos' R and a Support Skillset. Medic should get a new R.

Yes this is a little late, and you had an original concept with Artanis, but I hope that we stop using molds when making new heroes.

In Adams defense, there's a lot of cool and unique hero ideas in the suggestions sub forums, but I'm sure the coding for a lot of the skills and abilities are tricky and it's a lot easier to use similar abilities and effects from a coding stand point.

But yes, yigs pull and ultimate have always bothered me in reference to drake pull and ultimate and being so similar.

Didn't Penthos come after Medic?

Yes, but at that point in time, medics ultimate just made an ally invincible for a few seconds. Awhile after Penthos was implemented, they changed medics kit because people didnt like that invincibility.

Edited by Jaysi

My bad, I have not played Medic since 2013/14. I uncommonly play IHs and when I do I pick one of three heroes, only seen Medic once in the past year.

I need to captain and pick you and force you to play support :)

Also, back before medics kit change, she was commonly only picked to cheese with Leo.

Edited by Jaysi

Almost useless in some pubs, but in IH you can keep a guy whose just been pulled in alive. Or in a team fight make Darpa/Nova OP :D. First game as Medic I got Godlike, but then again she's quite hard to play well and late game scales off at killing. Her spells also don't scale well with int, making her more of a support semi-burster whose aim is less orientated to healing but more to crowd control and team fights, where she heals, controls the field with spells and keeps carries alive.

I don't play supports often..but when I do. DPS Medic.

In Adams defense, there's a lot of cool and unique hero ideas in the suggestions sub forums, but I'm sure the coding for a lot of the skills and abilities are tricky and it's a lot easier to use similar abilities and effects from a coding stand point.

It is not that Adam dont want better skills, it's due to the limitation of the editor.

By the way, I had nothing to do with the creation of those heroes you're complaining about. Also, I don't see why it would be necessary to rework a hero because it's similar to another. Yig has a single target pull and drake has a multi-target pull. Drake's ult deals instant spell damage around him, knocks up units, slows them, and regenerates health. Yig's ult deals constant damage in a target area and knocks up units if they walk into it. Khyrak's Q Deals spell damage and knocks up units in a line. Dehaka's R brings him to a target point, deals spell damage around him, and knocks up units. Justicar's Q deals spell damage around him and knocks up units. MAAR's WWW deals spell damage in a target area and knocks up units.

Plus yig isn't a front-line tank-carry like drake is who can just waltz face first into the enemy team and kill squishies without dying. Both medic's R and penthos R amplify the next ability but all their abilities are completely different. So because I don't see a reason to rework it, I won't try to come up with new abilities for them. If you want to suggest something, feel free and I'll consider it.

And what abilities are too complex to create in the editor?

Adam every hero has health and str agi and int, please make heroes that are more unique. Biomass and heat were good starts for energy diversification, but I don't know why penthos and psionic both use orbs - stop copying previous work!!! Also lurker and bio were good examples of heroes that don't move much, but both of them still move somewhat. Can we have one of them actually never be able to move? This is why (im)MobileSentryWard quit - too many heroes in this game can move! And auto attack. And have an inventory.

On a side, try making rubikk spell-steal on the aos map infrastructure. GL. (off the top of my head it's doable in the editor, but only convenient if u do a major re-factoring of how spells work in general).

Adam every hero has health and str agi and int, please make heroes that are more unique. Biomass and heat were good starts for energy diversification, but I don't know why penthos and psionic both use orbs - stop copying previous work!!! Also lurker and bio were good examples of heroes that don't move much, but both of them still move somewhat. Can we have one of them actually never be able to move? This is why (im)MobileSentryWard quit - too many heroes in this game can move! And auto attack. And have an inventory.

On a side, try making rubikk spell-steal on the aos map infrastructure. GL. (off the top of my head it's doable in the editor, but only convenient if u do a major re-factoring of how spells work in general).

lol

I somehow knew this thread was not going to be viewed upon favorably. Sorry about this devs.

No need to apologize. To be honest, you didn't really offer anything constructive in the post. Like if you were to suggest how the changes should be made or more of a reason besides "it's similar to another hero" then this could be useful. You could even elaborate on why something shouldn't be similar to another hero.