Thoughts on removing omnislash?

highdrater

It seems like salsa has become a decent alternative. Perhaps a better choice than omnislash in certain situations such as being able to target a specific hero in a teamfight.

I feel like omnislash should play no role in the game because of its invulnerability and lack of connection between skill. In certain situations pressing R can be a troll way to win a situation and in other situations it can be harmful .. pretty much a function of whether or not there are neutrals to share the load of the omnislash. I feel like omni should be gone once and for all, imo.

I don't rly like omni much since salsa is better in basicly any situation, unless you are going int(one thing that would be nerfed a lot if you remove omni). Meh I agree partly with what you wrote. About lack of connection with other abilities I don't rly agree, about invulnerability,meh I guess ur right, but my only problemis how much it lasts, need a speed up, or even better reduce number of strikes but incress dmg.

Completely agree about its too random abilitie, which I rly don't like. So ye I wouldn't mind it being removed if lot of people agree, but after tourny obv :)

as much as I like omni, I agree with everything posted, Salsa seems to be coming along well and feels ready to replace omni. I would increase the internal cooldown a bit as well so you can land more slashes. The thing I dislike about omni is the amount of time he is invulnerable for, gives plenty of time for reinforcements to arrive, even if he engaged in a poor position initially. Combine that with his spellstorm and it takes forever to kill him if your a caster.

as much as I like omni, I agree with everything posted, Salsa seems to be coming along well and feels ready to replace omni. I would increase the internal cooldown a bit as well so you can land more slashes. The thing I dislike about omni is the amount of time he is invulnerable for, gives plenty of time for reinforcements to arrive, even if he engaged in a poor position initially. Combine that with his spellstorm and it takes forever to kill him if your a caster.

this sounds reasonable. just saw boros dive behind tower with no creeps omni, get a kill, and scamper right by a jackson because of his spell storm.

its too much? several seconds doing high damage while invulnerable, several more seconds doing high damage while 100% spell resistant. fantastic aa potential. one of the most powerful pulls in the game. AND debuff imunity.

Seems like many think he needs at least a change.(goofy idea just hit, how about a health qualifier to use omni? must be above 50% hp or something. I'd bet as he is he would still be viable if 100% hp was required to use omni. haha. but the other op heros would smack him down too much.) so funny when he eats up whole team at the end of a fight with 50 hp. Would increase the decision making preasure.)

Edited by Gambit

• 2 months later...

I remember making a thread dedicated to this topic years ago. I'm quite surprised that a game that practically prided itself for not having RNG spells has allowed Omnislash to exist this long.

I guess if the spell stays, then the only thing that should be done is introduce more and more viable counters.

I don't know where you got the impression that the game prides itself for no rng

Why else are skills coded and worded like 'every 4th attack yadda yadda yadda' or 'every 5th attack yadda yadda yadda' instead of just making it an outright 25% chance or 20% chance. AoS tends to avoid employing RNG in its spells, compared to DotA which revels in them.

Edited by Jessika

Why else are skills coded and worded like 'every 4th attack yadda yadda yadda' or 'every 5th attack yadda yadda yadda' instead of just making it an outright 25% chance or 20% chance. AoS tends to avoid employing RNG in its spells, compared to DotA which revels in them.

What dota 2 spells revel in rng?