Buying skins

Dafuq

I personally would like to be able to buy skins, possibly via this forums' Donate facility.

Heroes of the storms lets you do something similar and I know there are some pretty cool skins available to AOS e.g. kerri/zera.

It would probably attract more people to these forums as well.

Not sure if there's any legal limitations to this.

What do you guys think?

I personally would like to be able to buy skins, possibly via this forums' Donate facility.

Heroes of the storms lets you do something similar and I know there are some pretty cool skins available to AOS e.g. kerri/zera.

It would probably attract more people to these forums as well.

Not sure if there's any legal limitations to this.

What do you guys think?

Wow. Pay2Win

Dis game shall not be freemium.

It's hardly pay to win. You pay to look different. And you could just not put it on the loading screen and just put it on the website and tell people whenever you pub. If STD got taken down then there is no need to worry since it's still like #1.

I agree.

Skins shouldn't be mistaken for badges which, can only be earnt. Free skins can still be handed out for tournaments and leagues.

I'm suggesting people can also receive a skin for donations. e.g. a skin for every $15 donated.

Money raised can go to funding this forum and possibly a prize pool for tourneys.

Game will look cooler and players will have even more incentive to join this forum and tourneys...

Edited by Dafuq

I think there was a really popular map that got taken down because it was doing something similar. Not selling skins but I think they offered an advertisement for donations. Maybe it was Squadron Tower Defense.

This is a quick way to get the map taken down by Blizzard.

Mafia got taken down due (temp) due to DarkRev offering 'points' (unlocks new models/coloured names/role preferring) in exchange for donating.

@Adam

Kerrigan skin is balance amirite?

I would say letting people pay to get skins doesnt really help the current problem with people playing the game less.

I would suggest skins for hours of play time/ participation in inhouses/ organising things for the community would be better to incentivise people

Wrath talked of implementing a reward system. Skins in game pets etc... You guys should totally consult with him.

It's easy to add a delay to the attack so it's not the only instant one

Make it so number one...

In all honesty I did see a normal skin Kerri vs the alt skin, and the alt did seem to be quite a bit quicker. It was also a better player, so hard to compare exactly, but the alt seemed to have a slight advantage.

I might have some skin suggestions...

With those LoTV models here, new skins based on the different factions could be great.

Have you all played Cortex Roleplay? I made a Black-Armor Murloc Marine by doing @spawn murlocmarine and then doing @modelswap splicermarine and then @modelswap splicermurlocmarine, and got the Black Armor Murloc Marine.

This could be done because I've seen great model experiments (Erekul and Penthos).

Make it so number one...

In all honesty I did see a normal skin Kerri vs the alt skin, and the alt did seem to be quite a bit quicker. It was also a better player, so hard to compare exactly, but the alt seemed to have a slight advantage.

The projectile for the alt kerri skin is instant, outside of that the only differences are cosmetic.