Dat Unix

NoWaterJustIce

Unix is a frustrating hero to play against, he can permacloak with no shimmer, he has a root, a 4 second stun and can push pretty good. Im not saying that the hero is broken just that it is frustrating to play against, so i have a few suggestions for making him less frustrating to play against.

[Q] - this ability is the source of a lot of frustration because he cant been seen at all as opposed to zera or rancor who if you look closely you can see coming.

Option 1: give back the health regeneration but make unix silenced while burrowed and maybe like .5 seconds afterwards. so he can go underground to heal or get in position for a gank but during actual combat he you have at least some warning before he gets you

Option 2: keep the ability the same but make it so he can only burrow for a set amount of time (10/15/20/25) seconds with a 10-15 second cd so he has to chose when to hide similarly to how rancors cloak works

[Fungal] - I think this skill needs a little love in exchange for the nerfs to his other skills, as it was nerfed in the first place because it was too strong when used with his ult.

[R] - 4 seconds of stun is really frustrating especially when it hits with no warning. I can see a 4 second stun having a place in this game but not on this hero.

Option 1: no more stun, instead the target is slowed, increase the range and leash range, increase damage/scaling

Option 2: No more stun, instead the target is slowed, increase leash range, let is scale off of % Max health, Let it heal allies or drain enemies (back to 4.0 unix ult)

don't buff fungal back up. It was a siege range 3 second root that was very easy to hit and could deal a good amount of damage by itself on a relatively short cd. Pair him with any other skill shot heroes and it was gg. It can still do most of that but it is harder to hit now.

Just looked at the damage on it, 240 with 105% int scaling, wtf . Before thinking about buffing a utility skill how about we tone down the scaling.

don't buff fungal back up. It was a siege range 3 second root that was very easy to hit and could deal a good amount of damage by itself on a relatively short cd. Pair him with any other skill shot heroes and it was gg. It can still do most of that but it is harder to hit now.

Just looked at the damage on it, 240 with 105% int scaling, wtf . Before thinking about buffing a utility skill how about we tone down the scaling.

i think that would really depend on if we want unix to be a support or caster role. but if we were to nerf his q and ult the fungal imho would need a buff

either way, i would like to see a slight rework on unix

I like the Q changes. Maybe still allow him to use items while burrowed though? It would be nice to be able to pop TPI before you unburrow to reduce your silence time. Also, how would silence work with parallax?

Even changing burrow to like a regular skill only lasting 10-15 seconds like brine ult (without the damage) or Rancor cloak but without the MS boost and true cloak.

Edited by Jaysi

fungal is still one of the strongest abilities in game, and with a low cd I value it higher than some ults. Not sure what you would buff on it. If you lower the cd you will have problems with cdr and the 3 second root being abusive, the damage is already pretty high, the root duration is long, and the range is long. Travel speed is all that is left so i guess you could make it almost insta cast again.......

fungal is still one of the strongest abilities in game, and with a low cd I value it higher than some ults. Not sure what you would buff on it. If you lower the cd you will have problems with cdr and the 3 second root being abusive, the damage is already pretty high, the root duration is long, and the range is long. Travel speed is all that is left so i guess you could make it almost insta cast again.......

I was thinking of buffing it back so it flew in a straight line instead of the arc which makes it harder to land

As long as it's still an actual skill shot (unlike the braindead ez to land ability that it was) i personally don't care how it gets there lol. It's extremely powerful so there needs to be some drawbacks to it. Aoe high damage long cc long range ability sounds like it should take some skill to land.

With a tanky/support/int build i could fungal, ult, fungal, hit yamato, fungal. Not moving for 13 seconds lol. Next fungal was off cd in less than a second too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the four second stun should stay, but the delay before it begins should be slightly longer than it is. Also, since it's channeled, it's only frustrating if your allies can't break you out of it/kill Unix while he's also stunned. Not against the rest of it though.

I disagree, a 4 second stun on a hero that can permacloak is just too strong. I would rather that the stun be changed so that unix can be buffed in other areas and not be just a 4 second disable