Huntress

BlackXioN

So the recent huntress nerf to ult speed is kinda ridiculous. you argue that cows ult doesn't go as fast as huntress ult so it should be nerfed yet cows ult does WAAAY more damage and ITS AOE. You can compare two ult of TWO different heros. It is near impossible to hit ( unless its right in front of you) which kind of defeats the purpose. Change the ult back and keep his E to 4 hits.

I do agree huntress ult nerf makes no sense at all, especially considering its only 3 units wide...

But thers also no point comparing cows and huntress ult, cow is a caster, and huntress is mostly AA that relies on spells to finish someone, which means that cow will be completely useless if he misses ult, so it obviously makes sense that cows ult is much easier to hit

Edited by ZERATUL

I think you guys miss how strong it is during/end of team fights. If you're team fighting in the mid lane or one of the jungle ramps, you get clumped up and get a few low hp enemies, you fire your ulti down their line of travel and you can easily kill 2 to 3 opponents with it. Imagine comboing it with int toxi ultimate/nitro. Hitting it across the map can certainly be difficult, but using it on fleeing enemies that are also being slowed/cced isn't hard.

Maybe slowing it down isn't the right nerf, maybe reduce width to 2.5 or 2 units instead.

Imagine comboing it with int toxi ultimate/nitro.

Maybe slowing it down isn't the right nerf, maybe reduce width to 2.5 or 2 units instead.

I think because you can imagine something happening, doesn't mean you should nerf it. How often does a Toxi/Huntress combo get one a game and do this? (And how often does Toxi go INT? I have tried it, but it seems rare.)

To be honest I think landing Huntress ulti from the far side of the screen and getting a kill is one of the most satisfying kills you can get. With the current width (and speed) it is very difficult to do, and if you KNOW a huntress is on the other team, when you are low on health you have to 'park' yourself in an unusual place to recall, or risk being picked off.

I am actually okay with the 3 hit skill being changed to 4 hits. That's how it used to be. However I do think the damage needs to go up a little bit, AND/OR increase the amount of time it takes for a stack to go away. (It seems to me that when the skill went from 4 to 3 hits the damage came down, to make up for the increased frequency.)

I do worry about just nerfing the hero so it is no fun anymore. Huntress is still squishy, and has poor escape mechanisms, which is a nice balance to the strong AA skills.

One last thought, if you want to nerf something, maybe make the ulti non-lethal after you kill 1 enemy hero with it? That would keep the 'assassin' role, without making it a team wipe role. Save the team wipes for cow/pyro ultis?

As I stated I think the E nerf is fine. But there was not reason to nurf the speed of huntress ult. The whole point of it was to assasinate somoene from the other side of the map before they ported. You can not do some any more. The width of the ult with not very big which COWS is + AOE. At max damage its 25% of health ( which is from one side of the map to the other) which if you get hit by that I am sorry you should die. 3 Units is already a small area of effect so I wouldnt lower it. If INT huntress is so scary then just make the scaling pure weapon damage.

Edited by BlackXioN

one other thing. Why is it bad if huntress can kill 3 almost dead heros that are all pushing the same lane that are running in a straight line? There's so many skills that punish people for poor positioning or tactics that it seems fine to me. I thought the ulti was fine before. the E was a different discussion. Is there someone that wanted the nerf that could explain why it was done?

But the kill shot amount is SOO low it rarely matters

From one side of the map to the other its 25% normally its 10-15% which late game is a very low amount. only time its strong is early game. I thought the point of the ult was to have to have no counter play thats why the % of health is so low. All you gotta do is move around a little or not stand still before you port and your a G. It would be different if everyone on here was like ohhh the ult was to op and fast but no one is saying everyone thought the ult was fine. The E needed to be fixed and it was but the ult was where it needed to be.

Edited by BlackXioN

I thought the point of the ult was to have to have no counter play thats why the % of health is so low. All you gotta do is move around a little or not stand still before you port and your a G.

I pretty much agree with this. You don't normally have time to be warned of an assassination, that is kinda the point. :-)