Heroic Passive [Kingdom of Terra]

"Allies within (12 > 10*) units gain 20% cooldown reduction"

[Q] - Terraform

"Summons a wall of 3/4/5/6 pillars for 5 seconds"

Energy Cost: - 60/80/100/120

Cooldown: - 25/20/15/10 seconds

Range: (12ish > 10*)

[W] - Seismic Wave

"Deals 60/80/100/120(+60%Int*) spell dmg to nearby enemies and push nearby pillars (7.5 > 10*) units away from Cyprus. Enemies hit by pillars that are pushed by this ability take 60/80/100/120(+60%Int) additional spell dmg and the pillar duration is extended."

Energy Cost: - 90/110/130/150

Cooldown: - 18/16/14/12 seconds

Range: - ("nearby enemies" > 10*)

[E] - Terrablink

"Teleport to the target location (7 units*) and summon 4 pillars behind Cyprus lasting 5 seconds."

Energy Cost: - 65/70/75/80

Cooldown: - 30/25/20/15 seconds

Range: - (10ish > 7*)

[R] - Fist of Gaia

"Deal 400/600/800(+40%Int) > (400/550/700+(50%int*)) to the target enemy and cause nearby pillars to smash into them dealing an additional 30/50/70(+15%Int*) spell dmg per pillar"

Energy Cost: - (120/160/200 > 150/200/250*)

Cooldown: - 130/105/80 seconds

Range: - (7 > 8*)

(note: All "(xx*)" show where the changes were made, vision on all pillars reduced to 4 unit range)*

Edited by Dante

alot of this data is outdated

q - already is 10 range, and is 60/70/80/90 mana

w - is 80/90/100/110 mana and increasing the range doesnt make sense with his kit. also i dont understand ("nearby enemies" > 10*).

e - is 8 range, and if it was 7 you could no longer spawn 4 pillars max range

r - doesnt make sense for him to have that much range for a mobile assassin

im all for cyprus buffs but im not gonna make him more stupid to play against than he already is.

and hes not underpowered.

alot of this data is outdated

q - already is 10 range, and is 60/70/80/90 mana

w - is 80/90/100/110 mana and increasing the range doesnt make sense with his kit. also i dont understand ("nearby enemies" > 10*).

e - is 8 range, and if it was 7 you could no longer spawn 4 pillars max range

r - doesnt make sense for him to have that much range for a mobile assassin

im all for cyprus buffs but im not gonna make him more stupid to play against than he already is.

The nearby enemies part is because he copied it from the database, and several of the abilities say that the do x to "nearby enemies" but not what the actual area or range of the skill is.

Yes a lot of it is outdated, I could change everything were changes are NOT implemented to "as is" but that takes effort and is beside the point. here is a list to avoid confusion. I propose to nerf damage, energy cost and vision in exchange for balanced range within his 4 abilities.

Heroic Passive [Kingdom of Terra]

"Allies within (12 > 10*) units gain 20% cooldown reduction"

[Q] - Terraform

Range: 10

[W] - Seismic Wave

Range: - (7.5 > 10*) (remeber this was previously 12u)

[E] - Terrablink

Range: - 8 (must be as Revision pointed out)

[R] - Fist of Gaia

Dmg - 400/600/800(+40%Int) > (400/550/700+(50%int*))

Energy Cost: - (120/160/200 > 150/200/250*)

Range: - (7 > 8*)

vision on all pillars reduced to 4 unit range

Edited by Dante

You're absolutely right, cyp is not underpowered at all, in fact he is overpowered, & I strongly believe he should be a complicated hero, where SKILLS are needed for best results. 10 range W is not the issue at all, as much as I love Cyprus, his damage needs to be nerfed. Not his mobility and range. He is squishy enough to compensate, and very easily countered. I think a lot of people are missing the point of a well balanced hero within it self. For Cyprus, all his skills complement each other, as a burst hero, you don't go use one ability then back out, its a combination and 90% of the time ALL 4 abilities are needed, WITH active items included.. Not any noob can pull this off, I feel like everyone is overlooking, based on the fact that he does unbelievable damage If someone knows how to play his cards right. His skills need to be intact with one another he is a Burst hero after all, atm he should be renamed to Suicide.Cyprus if you want to even use W in any sort of pvp attack, its not balanced at all, Everyone complains about vision and damage having a 10u Q, 7.5u W, 8u E and a 7u R IS NOT THE SOLUTION. As for the damage everyone seems to be overlooking the Items that provide this, Over the past few months I have put out just as much burst damage with several other heros with such an item build. There are so many variables and everyone just concludes at "Cyprus is a BS hero" and it frustrates me....

I play Cyprus as my main, I love this hero, I have put a lot of effort into this hero, I know I have a valid point, I just don't know how to explain it. English is not my first language and this is as far as I can go with it. All I ask is that you look into the balancing of this hero as you would your main. Play it before you say it!!! try to q, w someone, you block the path of everyone and everything and you don't even have to try, the range is ridiculously short on that push. Statements like "you don't have to worry about pushing rocks too far for your ulti now" = lets remove skill I'm so frustrated as to say, lets remove all skill and awareness from the game and while were at it remove all items also, and then call it HOTS!!!!!!

A post I made previously regarding the hero in response to:

When would you want to push your rocks too far away to deal damage with your ult

There have been many cases, I play cyprus all the time. One of my favourite examples is when you have a low HP opponent on the run and a full HP approaching from a short distance, blinking to the weak opponent applying Q+W to savagely end his life thus putting the pillars within the vicinity of the approaching hero, then ulting that guy for the double!

Also I E+Q+W+R in team fights to damage all emenies, only targeting the weaker hero or the lowest hero with ulti to ensure his/her death.

Furthermore if you Q+W+R fast enough the pillars return before they are pushed too far away. <<<

Some heros you DON'T want to get close to like justicar, rory or boros for example, ruling out your W after ulti.

If you lay your pillars from Q 1 unit away the then W, they will not travel as far as they would when you are directly next to them nor separate so dramatically, and so on with many many variables, depending on where you place them and how you use them, Q+W+R is very usable to say the least.

Also Cyprus can blink, if we're talking about too far away.. blinking can put you right back in range and add all the pillars from blinking to your ult. An example for this is up a cliff, Q+W will give you the vision you need and if by chance, or you know someone is close by, blinking right up there and ulting with all pillars around will do the damage you need.

I could go all day with this list, I feel like I should be concerned even having this conversation. There are endless cases for all types of combinations, this is what makes the hero so unique and fun to play.

The only concern we have here is a hero being TRAPPED by pillars after ult. I don't think removing pillars after ult is the solution as Atomik pointed out W relies on them, and yes I can give you a whole list where W comes last too! One suggestion would be to shorten the duration, not a solid fix though.

I cant help but feel like I am the only one who actually appreciates this hero, & there is so much more that what is being argued here.

Edited by Dante

lol acctualy w knockback reduced range is a big nerf for me, cuz he was acctualy able to poke crazy late game with q-w, and such a burst dmg hero to have a poke is kinda ridic

Yet Q + W are an initiator for the hero, NOT A HERO KILLING BOT, again DAMAGE, COOLDOWN & VISON are the issue, ALL provided by ITEMS. Exactly my point ALL LATE GAME HEROES ARE OP, if you were to -TM 10 heroes then -Level 18, and no one buys ANY items, Cyprus would be no threat at all.

In the same sense. Cyprus himself is NOT an initiator, tank or scout..... bypassed by so many opinions. What is he supposed to do, walk up to you say "HI" than burst you. WARDS, TASERS, MAPCONTROL, TANKS, SPELL RESIST, SCOUTS, ALL COUNTER THIS.

You vs'd a skilled, fed Cyprus against a better team where he had support and room to play with his Q + W, THIS IS NOT A REASON TO RUIN CYPRUS. Q+W+E+R is a combination, To Q+W is not threatening, IT WILL NOT KILL YOU. Its just poke and provoke, Boros' bola can be used in the same way, It issues little threat unless you are caught out of place. with vision reduction this issue will be no more.

At this point of the game you lost anyway, you did not lose to one hero, you lost to 5. W RANGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

Lets reduce bolas to 7.5 and drakes pull to 7.5 also.. and ruin more heros while where at it.

Lets talk about range.

Drake Pull Q, 7u Lv 1, 8u Lv 2, 9u Lv 3, 10u Lv 4.

Boros' Bola W 8u Lv 1, 9u Lv 2, 10u Lv 3, 11u Lv 4.

All change game play in a massive way, yes I understand that the comparison is absurd to say the least, but that absurdness is all I'm hearing in the balance of Cyprus.

Edited by Dante

I never said cypres is weak tho, I think its one of best late game heroes, I agree with revision he needs some changes, not nerf/buff specificly, but I would nerf that q doesent give range

And what would you nerf that to? 7u?? thats raynors AA range.... I feel like this is a one sided conversation where you missed the point of balance. Q does no damage whatsoever.

wanting to nerf a hero becuase you hate versing it is redicilous. especially in Cyprus' case becuase so little people play it.

Edited by Dante

Well I read your original post there arent any too huge changes, mostly making him even stronger late game. I agree that w range push should be incresed, everything alse is fine for me atleast.

Btw about what u said for q that it doesent deal any dmg, you kinda put it as its useless, which it isnt its rly rly good for blocking

I agree that the point of cyrpus is tie Kite, Jump in burst the hero down and hope it does if it does your normally dead. There is plenty of heros that owned cyprus before his nurf and the only thing he could do was stay out of the way, now you put him in range of every heros abilities. I agree with A LOT of changed the recent balancers are doing but I do believe some of them are hate nerfs. ALL heros can be OP as flob if fed. I have seen people be game changers with heros and people be like that needs nerf than the next game with the same hero and player he feeds and does shap.

I never said cypres is weak tho, I think its one of best late game heroes, I agree with revision he needs some changes, not nerf/buff specificly, but I would nerf that q doesent give range

And what would you nerf that to? 7u?? thats raynors AA range.... I feel like this is a one sided conversation where you missed the point of balance. Q does no damage whatsoever.

wanting to nerf a hero becuase you hate versing it is redicilous. especially in Cyprus' case becuase so little people play it.

Well I read your original post there arent any too huge changes, mostly making him even stronger late game. I agree that w range push should be incresed, everything alse is fine for me atleast.

Btw about what u said for q that it doesent deal any dmg, you kinda put it as its useless, which it isnt its rly rly good for blocking

Clearly I'm not saying its useless, but "I would nerf that q doesent give range" is ridiculous. drake's pull has more range, not only does it do damage it puts you in dangerous places... I would think a little wall that does no damage is okay..

Of course its useful, and its useful for that range, removing it will only disable the hero further.