Darpa R buff

Francuz

The strong points of darpa are his:

- Utility, mostly silence ulting drake and passive crippling slow so team can catch up along with q revealing the pesky cloaking zera.

- Being ranged hero

- Having a fast attack animation & quick rotation

- Mobility on the map & battlefield

However the mobility part was severy crippled some updates ago and I belive it is a bad step for darpa.

His ultimate is bulky and slow, it won't surprize anyone if you jump two times to the enemy back to snipe support or raynor and of course it is not so small possibility of being tottaly destroyed during jump.

R is not an immunity to me it is like the worst jump ever. Look penthos blink - instant (and it is not an ultimate), zeratul q instant.

I belive darpa is an offensive hero and his ultimate best use at the moment is retreat and jump up/down cliffs but it should be very much viable to be used as offensive.

Make two charges if it pleases you but make them strong and worth using. Incerase mana, incerase cd or make you take 50% of your weapon damage as true dmg each time you jump but please make them worth using. They should be warp shard speed or pretty damn close. You know why? Look at ladder reaper - he is fast agile and destructive and Darpa could be modeled after his swiftness. Along speed incerase there should be immunity - or damage reduction as high as frotify reduction during and 0,3 s after landing or perhaps shields equal to 2x hp lost for 3 (+ flight duratio) sec.

I saw a guy playing darpa and with agi item that gives 20% speed if not attacked he could counter split push of the shadow. I want that mobility back.

My point is that due to darpa quite short range he has to faceplant enemies and should be stronger in his mobility options.

When I started playing after ladder the game made much sense to me and was very fun and easy to learn because some iconic heroes were modeled after starcraft 2 universe. Imagine playing ladder as terran with fast reapers and then switching to AoS and playing this bulky slow potato. That is not how you bring players what they already know - it's changing it completely. The strong point of AoS is that we can have heroes that resemble ladder units and people might be familiar with them so much and like them so that they enjoy ladder & AoS.

Just my 2cents,

Francuz

Its not even that darpa is that weak but all other carrys are just better in my opinion, or cuz they have bigger AA range or is much better AA caster such as avanger or huntress. But lets talk more specificly about darpa.

His passive is rly nice, rly fast can get 15% dmg reduction and ofcourse combine with other abilities.

Q is rly rly strong in my opinion, makes him a complete beast in lane and its not like its weak late game, also can make int darpa viable :D

W is not bad, but I feel like it should be reworked, or buff it on last level to around 100% or bit more on last level.

E as you said is rly good

R meh prefered old 1

Also you didnt mention darpa doesent have insta AA now, which combined with his low AA range and meh jump, early mid game teamfights are rly hard for him, when he gets 5-6 items i think he can rape still.

Darpa's range isn't low, it is above 5 which a lot of heroes have, he is just lower than some of the supports and casters. Besides Nova most ranged carries are within .25-.5 range of each other, not a whole lot.

After darpas last range buff and toxi's nerf they have the same range, i don't see anyone complaining about toxi's range. If you make darpa's range too high he will be too strong early game

Edited by Dresden

Darpa can get real ridiculous real fast with his e amplifying physical damage and silencing and slowing for 6s. And being one of the few splitpush heavy adcs he's in a somewhat unique spot right now. While giving him the mobility to assassinate back lines might fit his ladder identity better, he'd lose something that makes the AoS competitive scene interesting.

Trash players just trying to prevent yours truly whooping them harder than he already does.

Nice to see Francuz posting his first essay in 4 years. I agree, the gravity of this situation is shocking. The 'balancer' known as highdrater ruined Darpa so SLP could win tournaments (also nerfed Vergil). The old ulti was good, replacement was shap but this newest version is pathetic. Especially since Whale changed it to be slower and make you vulnerable during ulti. So many times I react to something but due to how clunky Darpa is plebs still land their shots.

Also how can something being buffed make the AoS 'competitive' scene less interesting? No one plays Darpa regularly in IHs.

Trash players just trying to prevent yours truly whooping them harder than he already does.

Nice to see Francuz posting his first essay in 4 years. I agree, the gravity of this situation is shocking. The 'balancer' known as highdrater ruined Darpa so SLP could win tournaments (also nerfed Vergil). The old ulti was good, replacement was shap but this newest version is pathetic. Especially since Whale changed it to be slower and make you vulnerable during ulti. So many times I react to something but due to how clunky Darpa is plebs still land their shots.

Also how can something being buffed make the AoS 'competitive' scene less interesting? No one plays Darpa regularly in IHs.

Wow. Corruption, much?

Also you didnt mention darpa doesent have insta AA now, which combined with his low AA range and meh jump, early mid game teamfights are rly hard for him, when he gets 5-6 items i think he can rape still.

He doesn't have insta AA now? Oh well that reduces his strenght furthemore.

While giving him the mobility to assassinate back lines might fit his ladder identity better, he'd lose something that makes the AoS competitive scene interesting.

Can you elaborate what darpa jump clumsiness and bulkyness is bringing to the table of AoS?

I belive that boros can crush raynor (support) with atom smasher, woah, he will even slay you with his ulti after you tried to escape with warpshard.

His silence is a pain, if darpa would get stun knife and taser any caster will struggle.

His range combined with ulti is a problem. Considering 1v1 gihts before you used to be able to jump(by surprise) to your arch enemy - nova silence her and starts working on her then finish with q in a blink of an eye. Now any nova will hardly be surprised.

I died from raynor aa while jumping away from him so I think that you can also be attacked when jumping forward and nova, or any other enmy carry, can start working on you even before you land. Correct me if I am wrong. I also agree that new viable strategies for him can be made.

Well what I want is for Darpa jump to be viable and good ultimate. He is good in lane and still a good late game carry but he clearly lacks his ultimate during teamfights. Jump is way too slow, too easy to spot. Just look at let's say salsa-slash and then Darpa jump. Vagabond R is clearly underpowered.

just cuz you can't play darpa doesn't mean he is bad

Dresden, thanks for your very valuable feedback.

Edited by Francuz

Thers also no stunknife anymore francuz :)

@revision I do agree that darpa is still rly strong in lane/mega late game, but try to atleast increse speed of him jump, its so meh atm; but even if darpa isnt as UP as francuz is saying, like every single other adc(except that shap axiom, but who knows maybe idk to play him) is just better then him as I stated in previous post.

Also I dont want to offend anyone, but as I HEARD, NA inhouses arent so good atm, Im rly hoping you guys arent making balance changes based on those games(not accusing you, just saying not to do it, game will be unbalanced a lot when hood players come for tourny)

Edited by ZERATUL

hes not underpowered. i played him extensively after his last buff, and while he might need a very small touchup in some areas, buffing the raw mobility of his ulti is not the way to go.

Also I dont want to offend anyone, but as I HEARD, NA inhouses arent so good atm, Im rly hoping you guys arent making balance changes based on those games(not accusing you, just saying not to do it, game will be unbalanced a lot when hood players come for tourny)

balance isnt judged on how good/bad someone does with a hero so this means nothing to me.

no prob francuz.

If we can't make balance changes based on NA ih then the game would be the same as when whale first took over lol.

Going by that logic you should revert all changes Whale made and balance based on EU. That way the game wouldn't be dead.

@Yaldi: How come you're trying to stifle the SOLE active thread. I think we've established EU NA flame brings back players. I await Emperor John's verdict on Darpa.

Edited by DonaldDunk