Grunty

BlackXioN

We have easily countered grunty before and i'm sure we could do it again.To me Grunty is a very strong last pick hero that wins the game if there is not much to deal with him. I don't play grunty so this is based on my observations from games with grunty in them so there could be more to it but i could see some power shifted from his speed to other areas to even him out. If he wasn't so hard to click on i feel like he would be quite weak.

I don't think grunty is a viable pick against a solid draft and team is what i am getting at. Put someone with high skill on grunty who can abuse weaker/unprepared players and you have a real splitpushing nightmare on your hands though.

dresden put it best, grunty isn't a great hero as far as team fights go and definitely needs a comp to compliment his style. That being said, I feel that his river buff is one of the only things that makes him viable. He is a great hero to split push/gank support during laning phase (jungle) and like most of the Heroes in AoS he is pretty op if used correctly even though most don't. Basically if your team has a grunty much of the game will be decided on whether or not he does well in the early game(which he should if played correctly), I feel that a grunty that isn't constantly split pushing and looking for kill openings will fall drastically behind late game.

Then again i may be entirely wrong who knows

Can we change the fact that grunty can just shoot his swamp traps anywhere? Kinda defeats the purpose of his ult. Grunty with speed buff and gause cannon is un clickable and broke as flob. HE goes faster than lings ult but it can almost be perma. Either that or nurf the speed boost from swamp traps

What did you have in mind of where swamp traps can be placed, since you suggest not placing them anywhere?

What did you have in mind of where swamp traps can be placed, since you suggest not placing them anywhere?

no, he just doesnt want grunty to be able to lay a trap and shoot it so he instantly gains the movement speed buff. Traps should have to wait a few seconds before they can be triggered or be triggered by an enemy

Im saying he should have his river speed the entire game anywhere on the map, its a little broken. Whats the point of his ult if he can do it where ever he wants? Either make him being able to shoot his on traps not possible or reduce the amount of speed gained by a trap to half

We love using the word broken.

It's already the case that Grunty must wait three activation ticks on the swamp trap before shooting it will grant any movespeed bonus. Gauss Cannon offers no immunity to stuns or silences.

It would be amazing if his movespeed gimmick was removed, and instead he gained the ability to leap like a frog, or a 0.5 range bonus on his AA, but these would cause a lot more rage than "it's hard to click on a moving target." Grunty at his highest speed is nowhere near as difficult to click on as old Shadow, who was also still always possible to click on.

With his low base hp, low base AGI, his attack range being barely longer than shadow's, but without being able to proc the melee bonus of various items despite being 'almost' melee, Grunty is disadvantaged in the late game even if he was fed early, as long as the opposing team didn't let him win the game before it got that far. A fully geared Nova could kill (or come very close to killing) a high speed grunty before he could even move within his attack range of her unless grunty built tank, in which case he's doing a lot less damage so even if he can approach he will still die. If you aren't good at clicking on character units on screen, play heroes that use AOE.

op vs bad

up vs good

Well game obviously shouldnt be balanced based on general comunity skill, would be absurd. So I guess grunty is UP according to you, and most of people in this thread.

For me grunty can rly be good if thers not some hard cc on other team, he still deals absurd amounts of dmg late game, can prob 1v1 almost all heroes, just need correct build and playstyle(lot of aggression early/mid game). Also considering traps give you river buff, it pretty much fixed his epic bad siege. But again, if there are heroes as toxi, rory, cain etc I would never pick grunty

The only concern I have about grunty is his clickbox. Still way too small, especially when you consider how fast he can be. Please make it bigger. Much bigger, like +30%. Right now its almost impossible to aim him. Not only in offensive manner, but also in defensive. Try to play any kind of support and put shield, heal or anything else on him. Pain in the ass.