Viking flight mode

Gambit

It almost seems like it can be abused(with some move speed items and some cd), making it too hard to deal with him, but I realize Im playing pubs with random players on both sides so it's not always easy to tell.

If a moderator agrees, maybe some more cd on switching back to flight mode? Or a bit shorter flight time?(enough to fire rockets couple times, or escape over terrain, but not go on and on) But I occasionally get frustrated with crazy move speeds in general(not the special abilities to travel a long ways) I have trouble clicking on a hero sometimes haha. One thing I liked about infinite crisis while it was around was the move speeds didn't get crazy. I did notice adding energy usage to switch to flight mode in the beta change logs-that might help.

So it's only useful early when you don't have the energy to use it. Hmmmm

I just did some testing in single player and at lvl 2 if you use 1 flight mode with 2 q's you are almost out of energy. Even if you hit every single rocket with both q's the damage is not that high, and it is very unlikely to even hit most of your rockets at a distance.

With both energy talents and a ton of energy items that are bad on star scream i was able to cast rockets for a while though, which is nice.

So it's only useful early when you don't have the energy to use it. Hmmmm

I just did some testing in single player and at lvl 2 if you use 1 flight mode with 2 q's you are almost out of energy. Even if you hit every single rocket with both q's the damage is not that high, and it is very unlikely to even hit most of your rockets at a distance.

With both energy talents and a ton of energy items that are bad on star scream i was able to cast rockets for a while though, which is nice.

It's not as though we don't have the power to lower energy costs at early levels. Something that just might possibly work is, I dunno, telling the devs things outright instead of being so sassy about it.

How about saying something like, "In testing I was only able to use flight-mode Q twice without being out of energy, I think that's a problem for X reason, maybe we should consider lowering the Energy cost at early levels" instead of telling us that when using a terrible build you might be able to cast the ability frequently.

Also...if Starscream only has one ability that deals damage, but it deals a pretty absurd amount of damage early on a la his land-mode Q, it might be okay for him to only be able to use it twice so that you can't spam an ability that will basically one-shot heroes from 70% hp during that time in the game.

What Energy values would you recommend for Starscream (both land and flight mode).

• 1 year later...

I feel bad about bringing this up again... Last time I played was a few days ago, intel vorp with atom/saber/cerebro.(2k hp).

There was an intel starscream on other team with a lockbox(ya know. Ult.(his auto drones is his ult right?) lockbox himself, while his drones kill you). At one point I was full HP, just to the west of my(zerg) base. Starscream appeared on my west side in the neutral creep area. I knew with his lockbox and drones I would not stand a chance with out allies, so I ran East to the West wall of my base, surged through the wall, and ran for the nearest tower. Starscream was able to make it to the wall, fly over the wall, chase me into my own base while his drones killed me, fly back to the west wall, fly over the wall, and out of my base. The time he can spend over impassable terrain still feels like a "glitch" to me. It feels wrong when he hovers out of sight, and dificult to target, over mountains for more than a few seconds. It would feel so much better, if flight mode lasted long enough to cross a chunk of impassable terrain. Or to start to fly over, change your mind, and fly back. That would still offer HUGE strategic options, offensive and defensive. The flying over to one side, engaging, and flying back over again just feels wrong on a hero that does so well with his strengths other than that mobility(seems like he's a strong hero, right?).

I can play starscream some if devs care if my noobishness does such and trys to make a specific suggestion to "fix" the "problem". But peeerty pleaaase consider this one of the top ten things that pushes some players away from playing.(it's not a super common issue. But I feel a big one, when it comes up.) It's not even always a "op" issue. Feels like it belongs in a different top-down game.

I can BARLEY find a game I have so much fun with. If at all. So. That's why I keep bugging lol. Thx Adam Whale Jessika SCV and all others past and present working on the game for free.

Played a few games with Whale the other day randomly in pubs. I didn't play great. Oh well. LOL. I get depressed(not clinical)a bit sometimes and play extra bad. I got to stop trying to make kerrigan good in pubs right now sheesh give up Gambit. The other dps are holding all the cards. Just stop. Stuns, mobilty, burst damage.

ahhah

Thx for reading

Edited by Gambit

I don't think flight mode is a problem, I don't even think that ss do something in lategame

it would be good if they remake ult a bit,like it focus heroes at first cause playing int ss there is the problem that if teammate hurt any creep - it tanks ult a lot cause of amount of hp and spell resisnt and ult just lost in wrong way

• 2 months later...

I think a permanent fightmode would be nice. just make it burn mana over time with progressive levels burning less. After all he is a transformer, they can remain transformed so long as they have energon in them. maybe make it to where Starscream outright dies without any energy to balance the infinite flight time.

Permanent flightmode would be broke. So no.

Considering how rare energy problems have become in this game, energy/sec of flight wouldn't matter much.

Fixed durations that scale with level and a balanced cooldown is the way to go. The hero is actually very strong.

Permanent flightmode would be broke. So no.

Considering how rare energy problems have become in this game, energy/sec of flight wouldn't matter much.

Fixed durations that scale with level and a balanced cooldown is the way to go. The hero is actually very strong.

You clearly have not played around flight mode before. The Q mana cost nerf hit SS hard already. Basically, he runs out of mana too easily early-game and doesn't do enough damage late game.

You clearly have not played around flight mode before. The Q mana cost nerf hit SS hard already. Basically, he runs out of mana too easily early-game and doesn't do enough damage late game.

2 ways:

1- win faster and get etherfist+explosive to have dmg in late

2- build int carry and buy ihan to get energy

ss is ok so ult hero focusing will be enough to make both int and dps builds better

There is also the part where when flight mode ends you get flung to the farthest depths of the map. If you give him infinite flight with mana per second and/or % mana per second, he wont have that problem. More often than not if I'm over impassible terrain i will get rocketed back to base or enemy base depending on which is closer.

2 ways:

1- win faster and get etherfist+explosive to have dmg in late

2- build int carry and buy ihan to get energy

ss is ok so ult hero focusing will be enough to make both int and dps builds better

1. Even if you build full damage, your flight Q does flob all late-game unless you hit squishies. It often gets blocked by creeps, tanks or bruisers.

2. Int carry is unreliable because you can't fully control whom the ult hits. It can be wasted entirely on creeps.

1. Even if you build full damage, your flight Q does flob all late-game unless you hit squishies. It often gets blocked by creeps, tanks or bruisers.

2. Int carry is unreliable because you can't fully control whom the ult hits. It can be wasted entirely on creeps.

This is the wrong topic to be discussing here. There is another topic called SS where you can take this.