Viron

Spooky

I've played few games with Viron and he seems to be cool hero, but again I have few concerns:

- Heroic passive: how exactly does it work because I haven't noticed any kind of effect on allies

- Q: ability is completely useless in offensive manner. U can't simply jump on enemy and vomit because u will help them escape giving them extra movement speed. Why they get extra movement speed anyway? If I'm run into frozen lake I wont get faster there. I just need more time to change direction. So it only works if they decide to change direction after casting that ability, which wont happen if u are offensive. So I was trying abuse it with Impact Dial pushing enemies into my Q, but it also doesn't work because dial automatically turn around u towards last point u were going to, so again enemy got extra movement speed and escapes easily. They only situations I found ability useful was in defensive manner close to my tower, or after some kind of stun when enemy haven't turn around yet. So in most cases u can't use ability which provides also some extra damage. Way too much unreliable.

- E: Too weak. 250 extra health? Late game its nothing. Maybe if u max out that first then on lvl 7 it does matter. It should scale with sth or give at least 500 health at lvl 4.

- R: Barely useful with full power, usually u have to blow up immediately after casting. Too easy to dodge, u can't control the radius and there is no indicator when u going to blow up with max power. I was able to get few kills only because people probably haven't knew how exactly that hero works yet. Besides ability is extremely buggy if u blow up over unreachable areas. U can't even jump with W from them.

Edited by Spooky

I have to say I feel EXACTLY the opposite on most of this post. I will explain why below:

I've played few games with Viron and he seems to be cool hero, but again I have few concerns:

- Heroic passive: how exactly does it work because I haven't noticed any kind of effect on allies

When you touch an ally they get green gas moving around them. Similar to toxi E in looks (or EXACTLY like toxi E). This is s short term move speed buff, and not SUPER great, it is handy in team fights.

- Q: ability is completely useless in offensive manner. U can't simply jump on enemy and vomit because u will help them escape giving them extra movement speed. Why they get extra movement speed anyway? If I'm run into frozen lake I wont get faster there. I just need more time to change direction. So it only works if they decide to change direction after casting that ability, which wont happen if u are offensive. So I was trying abuse it with Impact Dial pushing enemies into my Q, but it also doesn't work because dial automatically turn around u towards last point u were going to, so again enemy got extra movement speed and escapes easily. They only situations I found ability useful was in defensive manner close to my tower, or after some kind of stun when enemy haven't turn around yet. So in most cases u can't use ability which provides also some extra damage. Way too much unreliable.

This wipes creep waves out quickly, so it is super handy for that. Also it spreads them out (or breaks up the formation) which gives your creep some advantage.

Secondly when the enemy goes to attack you just trigger your Q and they slide into your whole team. I have seen this turn the battle of team fights several times, but again it works best when you are with the team.

- E: Too weak. 250 extra health? Late game its nothing. Maybe if u max out that first then on lvl 7 it does matter. It should scale with sth or give at least 500 health at lvl 4.

Read the tool-tip again, it is 250 health every second for 5 seconds. So 1250 health. Then it drops off per second for the next 5 seconds. It's handy to save your buddy in a clutch, simiar to a quick shield but looks way cooler. I had a Balrog with max stacks on my team last night. When I hit him with this he was huge.

- R: Barely useful with full power, usually u have to blow up immediately after casting. Too easy to dodge, u can't control the radius and there is no indicator when u going to blow up with max power. I was able to get few kills only because people probably haven't knew how exactly that hero works yet. Besides ability is extremely buggy if u blow up over unreachable areas. U can't even jump with W from them.

Again I think this is a 'fun' ability. You can use it to initiate, when you are near the enemy team, or use it to escape if need be. The 8 seconds recomposing yourself is kinda a pain, but there should be some drawback to this ability anyway. People should really pay attention to where you detonate and be waiting for you to come back, but I find they rarely do.

All around I really enjoy this hero. Does not seem to op, is a nice tank/support hero, and is FUN, which is kinda important considering we are playing a GAME and games are supposed to be fun.

I am sure there are tweaks that could be made to improve him, but over all I am thrilled to have a unique hero added to the mix.

@king

Thx for your response and for clarifying few things. E have more sense now. But my concerns about Q still remains. U gave examples of using that ability in defensive manner which I know it can be useful. Still it almost impossible to use it offensively. Doesn't matter if u are with team or not.

You can use his E offensively on any hero that has an ability that scales with % current or maximum of their own hp.

Edit: oops sorry, I see you were talking about the Q offensively

Edited by Jaysi

@Spooky

You're welcome.

I do think the skill is difficult to use for offense, however sometimes you slide the enemy into your team. That feels fairly random though. As often as not I slide them AWAY from my team and aid their escape! Oh well, I like the ability anyway.

The one thing that does work is to trigger your Q, then W jump into the enemy team. If you hit them you will bounce and get another jump (sometimes 2 jumps), and leave massive trails of AOE damage. The trigger your ultimate behind the enemy team to keep them trapped in your AOE. This is kinda random as to if it works or not, but the hero is kinda supposed to be random!

========= Topic Change ==========

Also I wonder what builds you guys are using for Viron?

I have been going with:

1) Lost Treasure --> Prophecy Stone! :ProphecyStone:

2) Lions Bane :LionsBane:

3) Organic :OrganicCarapace:

4) And then normally Contamination Shard (for the resists, strength and movement) :ContaminationShard:

Sometimes I finish up that first item for the extra health, but normally the games don't last that long. This character seems hard to make money with, and I don't know that I have ever maxed out all my items.

Is an early lightning rod a good idea to get extra kills? I have tried that a few times but since nothing scales with int, it seems like a waste. :StunBaton:

I have also seen people get COA early, but I don't know that I really like that either, but I might give it a shot. :CoatofArms:

I think Shinobi and/or Impact dial might make for a nice troll type build where you can surprise the other team with your Q.

Anyway your build suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Last 3 items are situational