What shall we do with this guy?

taznkid

Immortal when first introduced was flobbing OP with his 10k plus shields. Then he became underpowered and boring ass to play. Then he was reworked, and went around insta gibbing everyone with Q+R. Now he is flobbing useless again.

What the flob shall we do with this guy?

I personally feel that the initially reworked Immortal was fine, simply rework damage scaling a bit.

Edited by taznkid

Well He is in the STR category

So he should be Tanky or Bruiser'y.

He has a longer range knock back/had a long range plasma gun

His main key now is the ultimate Trap.

Its hard to tell actually what to do with the hero now even.

Build all sheilds was the initial plan

the trouble with this is... he will either have so much sheilds... he is dam near unkillable. Or so few sheilds that he just melts.

Ideally Id like to see him build Gal Defender and Khali's Relic to go BOOM BOOM massive sheilds... and somehow that helps something.

I liked his old ultimate of just zapping things around him, mixed with the trap currently.

That would make him sorta a sheild face planter, but in order to survive well, and do damage, i think he should move up % on sheilds not INT.

In this way he scales mostly with items, and not int or energy.

Also wouldn't really be fully tanky without his burst sheilds.... so its like he is super tank for 6-7 seconds, then squishy again.

That could at least have interesting game play... do him well... tanky... poorly, squishy.

could set up his Q as a long range shot.

So he shoots from afar (dodgable) and then jumps in tanky trappy style.

Ideally this would be an INT based hero, more than STR though. So id move categories for him then

Edited by Sphynx

Well He is in the STR category

So he should be Tanky or Bruiser'y.

He has a longer range knock back/had a long range plasma gun

His main key now is the ultimate Trap.

Its hard to tell actually what to do with the hero now even.

Build all sheilds was the initial plan

the trouble with this is... he will either have so much sheilds... he is dam near unkillable. Or so few sheilds that he just melts.

Ideally Id like to see him build Gal Defender and Khali's Relic to go BOOM BOOM massive sheilds... and somehow that helps something.

I liked his old ultimate of just zapping things around him, mixed with the trap currently.

That would make him sorta a sheild face planter, but in order to survive well, and do damage, i think he should move up % on sheilds not INT.

In this way he scales mostly with items, and not int or energy.

Also wouldn't really be fully tanky without his burst sheilds.... so its like he is super tank for 6-7 seconds, then squishy again.

That could at least have interesting game play... do him well... tanky... poorly, squishy.

could set up his Q as a long range shot.

So he shoots from afar (dodgable) and then jumps in tanky trappy style.

Ideally this would be an INT based hero, more than STR though. So id move categories for him then

I actually did not dislike that old Immortal, since his Heroic Passive (sort of like Jakk's AoE Grenades) and "zap zap" Ultimate scaled pretty well with INT. The issue back then was that Casters had such a terrible selection of items to get some Resistance and HP, a problem that has been mitigated somewhat with the introduction of items like Kura's Deathmask and Khalis Relic.

Current Immortal's Q is rather pathetic as a CC stun, and incredibly pathetic for damage, the shields are somewhat okay, the passive is fine, and the ultimate is rather sub-par now that the damage is pathetic. If you want a ult to trap someone, then just get Jackson or Yig or something. They do a much better job of it.

Current Immortal's Q is rather pathetic as a CC stun, and incredibly pathetic for damage, the shields are somewhat okay, the passive is fine, and the ultimate is rather sub-par now that the damage is pathetic. If you want a ult to trap someone, then just get Jackson or Yig or something. They do a much better job of it.

This.

Let's remove his ability to walk.

Q reworked to:

Press Q to launch energy sphere

Press Q a second time to detonate said shpere and teleport to that location.

Cooldown 1 sec (not affected by CD reduction items)

Q speed is affected by movespeed items, but starts off at the current speed.

When in base range on Q is unlimited (or maybe 50% of the map, but I think unlimited would be fine). In base ONLY, it is limited to places you have vision of, because I really don't want to have to trigger my q 50 times to get anywhere.

And give him a BUNCH more shields. Also edge of ultimate causes 99% move speed reduction for 1 second. (Also replace ulti animation with the old Zera bubble)

This is now a faceplant tank with some CC. And it is unique. You could still use the super long range Q for scouting, just don't press Q the second time and you don't teleport.

And yeah, its a bit silly of an idea, but that hasn't slowed us down before!

Edited by king

I actually did not dislike that old Immortal, since his Heroic Passive (sort of like Jakk's AoE Grenades) and "zap zap" Ultimate scaled pretty well with INT. The issue back then was that Casters had such a terrible selection of items to get some Resistance and HP, a problem that has been mitigated somewhat with the introduction of items like Kura's Deathmask and Khalis Relic.

Old Immortal+Old Energy Saber=Luda.