hbogyt

The final build:

1. Explosive Retrofit

2. Shinobi Style

3. Gauss Cannon

4. Isomorphic Pyre

5. Cauteriser

6. Chilling Artifact

It's so called a pub build because you can't rely on your allies to be good.

In team fights, this build provides decent damage and debuffs to enemies. And when team mates are dying like mofos, you press Q, activate Shinobi, then activate Gauss Cannon -- race from tower to tower and steal them.

Make sure you get the Zeal talent too for added mobility.

If the enemy is pushing your Tier 3 hard, get behind them and cut off their flow of minions, then slip away using the aforementioned skilllzzzzzz Zeal + Q + Shinobi + Gauss Cannon.

Start out with a hachet and a fusion blade.

Complete Duran's Machete.

Then buy Smouldering Incisior.

Go ganking.

Build after this point is fluid.

Hey man, I moved this into Guides. - marty

Edited by martY

Gauss Cannon is probably what lets him cap his Weapon Speed (which he cannot do with Coat of Arms), and the use of the Active in this case is for the Movement Speed, or for additional utility (such as a back up in case his Q is on CD and he needs to reposition/escape or get close to use W).

It's also his only Weapon Speed item.

Having said that, the build seems all over the place. I would probably go for something more like:

Coat of Arms

Isomorphic Pyre/Force Of Entropy/Atom Smasher

Contamination Shard/Force of Entropy/Atom Smasher

Xenomorphic Cleaver/C48 Gauss Cannon

Cauterizer

Explosive Retrofit

Now having said THAT....it seems the point of this build is not necessarily to go around killing stuff, but being annoyingly difficult to kill by having ridiculous Movement Speed (and ways to activate it) and being relatively tanky, and apparently use W to save team mates.

No LZ runs Gauss Cannon.... Their Q already does the moving job for them. Coat of Arms gives weapon speed AND weapon damage not only to you, but your allies.

Also, we shouldn't be reinforcing noob's running habits. We need to teach them to act and attack, preferably. And this build doesn't really do that job of being a newbie build.

If you really wanted to be a speed-demon and nothing useful, then pick Grunty and do this build:

Phantom Menace, Atom Smasher, Shinobi Style, C-48 Gauss Cannon, Isomorphic Pyre, Xenomorph Cleaver.

No LZ runs Gauss Cannon.... Their Q already does the moving job for them. Coat of Arms gives weapon speed AND weapon damage not only to you, but your allies.

Also, we shouldn't be reinforcing noob's running habits. We need to teach them to act and attack, preferably. And this build doesn't really do that job of being a newbie build.

If you really wanted to be a speed-demon and nothing useful, then pick Grunty and do this build:

Phantom Menace, Atom Smasher, Shinobi Style, C-48 Gauss Cannon, Isomorphic Pyre, Xenomorph Cleaver.

There is never such a thing as too much Movement Speed.

What are you going to do if you can't catch them because they have Impact Dial?

Or a Silver Soul?

Or a Warp Shard?

Or a C48 Gauss Cannon?

Or a Shinobi Style?

Having extra Movement Speed is never bad. It's all about what you are trading for it. You just think that the item is bad, regardless of what the entire community tells you.

There is never such a thing as too much Movement Speed.

What are you going to do if you can't catch them because they have Impact Dial?

Or a Silver Soul?

Or a Warp Shard?

Or a C48 Gauss Cannon?

Or a Shinobi Style?

Having extra Movement Speed is never bad. It's all about what you are trading for it. You just think that the item is bad, regardless of what the entire community tells you.

Heres what to do:

1. Now that player A blinked/walked/ran away, we punish them and attack their tower.

Or

2. Not chase them because player A can be/ may be/will be bait. Just be careful when chasing them.

Or

3. A well placed stun and slows (or silence so they can't use items).

We don't need to catch them. Essentially zoning them out and preventing them from dealing damage will allow us to get to our goal, whether that be a tower or the artifact.

By "entire community", do you mean this forum, or the entire playerbase of AOS? Pretty sure the majority will tell you otherwise.

Most LZs in pubs runs bruiser build:

- CoA,

- Ravager,

- Khali Blade,

- That one with 50 wpn dmg and armor penetration

- Contamination Shard,

- Chilling Artifact

Very effective late game.

I don't think Ravager is a complete item. Unless you mean something else.

Heres what to do:

1. Now that player A blinked/walked/ran away, we punish them and attack their tower.

Or

Or they can be not stupid like you, and harass you from tower

2. Not chase them because player A can be/ may be/will be bait. Just be careful when chasing them.

Or

Because you are so perfect that you always make the best decisions and never fall into traps right?

3. A well placed stun and slows (or silence so they can't use items).

1. We are talking about LZ being alone, so you don't have any stuns, and frankly Mossberg Taser/Frozen Curiass is quite easy to avoid if you see it coming, not to mention that just by getting the item you are sacrificing DPS, so they might not even NEED to run away.

We don't need to catch them. Essentially zoning them out and preventing them from dealing damage will allow us to get to our goal, whether that be a tower or the artifact.

By "entire community", do you mean this forum, or the entire playerbase of AOS? Pretty sure the majority will tell you otherwise.

That fast you keep saying it is just proves that you have no idea what you are talking about and just makes people ignore what you are saying.

I don't think Ravager is a complete item. Unless you mean something else.

I've meant Arcbound Ravager. What is your point?

No, I think I am quite correct.

Edited by taznkid

"Or they can not be stupid like you and harass you from tower."

But what if... Now bear with me on this.... If LZ had ranged support to harass player A.

"Because you are so perfect that you always make the best decision and never fall into traps right?"

When the flob did this thread become about me and not this noob speed LZ build?

"We are talking about LZ being alone"

This ain't no 1v1 game. If anything, LZ wins 1v1 because DPS.

"Mossberg Taser/Frozen Cuirass are easy to avoid if you see them coming"

Oh darn, we don't have an Egon that does hero target silence. Or any slows. Oh wait, I just press Q and I get debuff immunity. I tank the silence

"That fast you keep saying it is just proves that you have no idea what you are talking about and just makes people ignore what you are saying"

No darn, I guess pub players aren't as good as inhouse players. That grammar though.

"No, I think I am quite correct"

You haven't proved anything. The entire playerbase does not have the same views as you and Destroyer. I guess you attack people that don't agree with you. But I digress.

"Or they can not be stupid like you and harass you from tower."

But what if... Now bear with me on this.... If LZ had ranged support to harass player A.

That's a 2v1, it does not even flobbing matter what heroes those 2 are at that point as long as 1 of them has some sort of damage you mongo.

"Because you are so perfect that you always make the best decision and never fall into traps right?"

When the flob did this thread become about me and not this noob speed LZ build?

Because you are asserting that LZ does not need a item for Movement Speed EVER and I am refutting it. You ever heard of Maxwell? He is considered one of the better players in the AoS community. Do you know what one of the first items he gets on LZ is? Impact Dial. What is Impact Dial for? Movement. He is not the only one that does so. Now who do you think knows this game better: you or him?

Furthermore, before you start bashing on the guy's "Noob build" more, why don't you flobbing read the point of the build that he so kindly explained and which you so clearly plainly ignored.

"We are talking about LZ being alone"

This ain't no 1v1 game. If anything, LZ wins 1v1 because DPS.

Penthos would probaby win vs LZ, Tychus or Cain would probably win, Zeratul would win vs LZ, pretty much most/all ranged carries would win vs LZ, Caster carries would win vs LZ. Furthermore, we are talking about player skill, which is best revealed in 1v1 scenarios, not 2/3+ vs 1 scenarios, where even a superior player would be cornered by lesser players.

"Mossberg Taser/Frozen Cuirass are easy to avoid if you see them coming"

Oh darn, we don't have an Egon that does hero target silence. Or any slows. Oh wait, I just press Q and I get debuff immunity. I tank the silence

WTF are you even talking about. You suggested LZ using Taser, so why are you talking about using Taser on LZ?

"That fast you keep saying it is just proves that you have no idea what you are talking about and just makes people ignore what you are saying"

No darn, I guess pub players aren't as good as inhouse players. That grammar though.

"No, I think I am quite correct"

You haven't proved anything. The entire playerbase does not have the same views as you and Destroyer. I guess you attack people that don't agree with you. But I digress.

Take a look at the thread that I quoted that from, the C48 Gauss Cannon thread. I'm fairly sure that most if not every single person that posted regarding the item, disagreed with your statement that the item is pointless. Just stop digging your own grave. It's giving me a severe headache.

This will most definitely be my last reply to you. For the sake of my sanity I have to just pretend that you do not exist. And here I was annoyed by Johannes...at least he can accept when he was wrong in a situation. You on the other hand just completely ignore arguments and continue spouting nonsense that does not even make sense.

Edited by taznkid

This will most definitely be my last reply to you. For the sake of my sanity I have to just pretend that you do not exist. And here I was annoyed by Johannes...at least he can accept when he was wrong in a situation. You on the other hand just completely ignore arguments and continue spouting nonsense that does not even make sense.

Annoyed by Johannes? He's clearly done nothing wrong at this forum. Do you get annoyed by intelligence? Because I'm getting tired of dealing with ad hominem on all your replies to anything I've ever said regarding balance. You want me to read this again, because I didn't comply with the taznkid standards of replying? I'll have to take you up with that. Here we go again.

This is a pub build, so you can't rely on allies. You went on with this implying that LZ will be alone this entire game when going this build in a pub, but that's clearly not the case. Whether you like it or not, SOMEONE will be there helping you out. Just because you can't rely upon allies to help you doesn't mean they won't be there, and you are forced to deal with a 1v1.

Yes, I did suggest Mossberg Taser/Frozen Cuirass. But not on LZ nononono. We have team mates to buy it. Pubbers aren't flobing clueless animals that just build for the sake of building. We ask for help when we need it. So you can kiss your stupid ass superiority complex goodbye. It's mostly bullshap that pubbers don't communicate.

Player skill is best defined in a 1v1. Please tell me you were trolling me when you typed this. Oh wait you won't, because you "blocked" me. If the statement in Bold is true, then why did we waste time making an inhouse community, one that stresses TEAM PLAY, and not childish 1v1s? Why make team items like Korhal Vanguard, Chilling Artifact, Frozen Cuirass, etc? Why did we ever make a 5v5 game in the first place? Why do premades work so effectively in pubs? It's because they worked as a team. I must assure you that the statement in bold is completely wrong. Player skill is not about killing any heroes. Player skill is about knowledge of all the characters in this database. Player skill is about doing YOUR JOB when playing said character. By using this build, this does not do LZ's job as a semi-DPS/Tank. When you cannot fulfill said character's purpose, you may have just lost the game for your team. This statement in bold, is if not, THE MOST peculiar thing ever typed in a MOBA forum. Congratulations, I must be retarded if KDA is the Holy Grail of any MOBA ever made. KDA is what tears the community apart.

So long Taznkid, I will miss arguing with you. Please come back if you think that having 2-3 movement speed items on LZ, who already has 50% Movement Speed, a reliable Cooldown, and a debuff immunity is great. I will miss dealing with ad hominem.