AOS Individual Inhousing ELO-Rating System

Sphynx

This rating system is done by ELO fashion (https://en.wikipedia...matical_details)

Since there are not really enough teams to do the inhouse league, I have created a rating for all the players individually who are involved in any inhouses at all.

In Order for the game to count as an inhouse game, all ten players must be invited to a private game, and then teams are determined in a fair fashion in order to have a fair match. (Usually involves a draft of teams, and draft for the game)

Information I need:

Names of all 10 players in the Game, and which team won. Also would be helpful to have the date when the game was played.

Feel free to post that info here through the use of screen shots.

OR

Send me a private message

** Last updated Oct 31 12:00 EST**

*****This Season will END Oct 31st****

FULL LEADERBOARD: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

*All current info comes from Sphynx, Atomik, Axtrimaitex, Strider, Mayhem, Destroyer, Justice, Iljahi, Zeratul, Lauzboi and TheBarbarian

P.S. if you feel I have made an arithmetic error or problem with the sheet, plz private message me.

P.P.S possibly edited by a nearby whale.

Edited by Sphynx
Deleting whale's trash link

https://docs.google....NkNTBHVGc#gid=2

We used to do this. Tukey and I reset the ladder lasted for a few weeks then just kind of died off.

This system would also auto draft teams for inhouses based off your elo. Completely side stepping the Captain process.

Well Tukey did all of it really. He has a masters in accounting.

/edit

Other organizers tried to bring it back as well. Like Just African

http://aeonofstorms....ukey#entry76504

https://docs.google....NkNTBHVGc#gid=2

We used to do this. Tukey and I reset the ladder lasted for a few weeks then just kind of died off.

This system would also auto draft teams for inhouses based off your elo. Completely side stepping the Captain process.

Well Tukey did all of it really. He has a masters in accounting.

/edit

Other organizers tried to bring it back as well. Like Just African

http://aeonofstorms....ukey#entry76504

hi

I like the idea of someone recording some real data for AoS players, it's a nice thing to do for the aos community. btw this is not a chart rating players on their skill, just simply how much they win/lose.

You are correct since most inhouses involve a team draft.

If teams were randomized every game, there might be more of a skill rating, as many inhouses might end very quickly this way.

It in a sense is exactly a win lose ratio, and I feel will show some merits once we hit 100+ inhouse games (if you think that is alot, I am already at #30).

That being said. There is a likely pattern that I would expect EARLY in the results.

Players who are thought to be "weak" and picked late in drafts, but are infact much stronger than they are expected to be: will likely have a very high rating.

This is because they will be a great #3 or #4 pick, and effect the outcome of the game.

It is also possible that a veteran player, everyone views as the best could have a lower rating, if they cannot dominate the game in a way people expect.

Basically I am saying that underappreciated players will likely have a high rating (initially)

and a low rating will be for those who are picked too early in drafts. (initially)

(Ideally with enough games played, the cream has to rise to the top)

After ratings move considerably in different directions, this will start having a higher affect on the plus and minus gained in every match.

Take the ratings for what they are... But they are fun to do, and maybe just see if "YOU" (whoever reading this) can affect the outcome of the game.

Infact early in the standings like right now, is when someone NEW to inhousing, could become rated very highly, if they win alot of games while being picked last every game.

The numbers will work as they work.

It is up to everyone else to gleam what they mean.

But you are correct, its a Team based probability matrix, and if "YOU" can help your team win more often than not, your rating will be high.

Are you the best player in the game?? Maybe not, but if "YOU" help your team win more often than not... then you are a valuable pick :)

(I.E. if Hyly ends up first, it really means people are drastically underestimating his talent level) - (I only used him as an example, since a previous poster decided to be negative towards him, and currently, I feel he is underestimated)

Edited by Sphynx

Hyly isnt a bad player so much as he doesnt listen to certain pieces of advice ones that he has been told a lot... im personally more annoyed by his lack of progress than his overall ability additionally sometimes i feel it is more useful to pick someone who may be worse individually but who will follow team instructions and play more selflessly.

That being said there is an unfair amount of animosity towards him.

Total player count now up to 133 Players. With 76 Players playing 3 or more games.

The current results are based off of 109 Inhouse games played in the last 2 weeks.

Overall we as a group have been creating many more inhouse games than before this system was introduced.

Edited by Sphynx