Balrog Rework?

zazzn

So what was once OP, is now extra underwhelming. As a support, he's OK, as a bruiser there's much better choices. (akasha for instance)

4% of missing HP as damage, then one of his other talents gives him leach? Makes no sense and counter productive. Basically, you are only deadly and scary if your 1/8th HP, but of course that's only if you have all your stacks and health missing.

Seems like whale just said, ah F it I don't know what to do for this hero... Derp this change will make him not OP.

More over, his Ulti animation sucks really bad. Generally people can escape or a unit dies before it even casts.

His passive was fine the way it was when it was 4% of current HP. Just make his burst less and his stun longer, to make up for the changes.

I've said at the beginning that changing his passive from 4% of current HP into 4% of missing HP is bad for that hero and problem with him at that point was laying somewhere else, not in his passive. In effect he is kinda out of meta:

- he can't jungle fast enough and he can't last hit in lane as good as he used to. There are simply better choices for bruisers - Khyrak is best example.

- his sustained damage isn't high enough to compensate slow weapon speed. As bruiser he simply can't do damage fast enough late game

- he still has high burst damage, which failing off late game. It was the main reason why hero used to be considered OP and it triggered recent changes.

As support he always sucked, because leech aura and debuff removal tool isn't enough to be viable as support. Besides being support also means being under-farmed which is bad for Rog.

I still wish to see Rog as a viable bruiser, not weak support hero. I see two solutions:

- bring back current HP passive and reduce his burst damage. For example remove damage from his Q ability and give it stronger slow.

- keep scaling with missing HP, but also make his leech to scale with missing HP or give him weapon speed buff based of missing HP. So basically it would be a return to his initial design as far as I remember.

Also I would like to point out, that recent item and mechanics changes also affects Rog a lot in bad way:

- TimeSplitter - it was great late game item for evasion, weapon speed, armor (from AGI), while stun was helping with heroes like darpa, nova or penthos

- Shadowmourne - it was another great item for Rog which was helping him dealing with enemy carries and buffing his damage a lot

- Slow immunity - this mechanics makes his Q slow very weak

his kit is pretty one dimensional. without at least a minor rework, its pretty impossible to make the hero viable without making it completely oppressive. This + egon + bio + dehaka are heroes that are on the rework meter.

Good. Dehaka so OP. Went 4-0 in the first 5 minutes of a game. Make his tongue skill shot.

Make Egon so his skills aren't hero target and debuffs.

Bio rework good. 6 Lions Bane for a build is BORING.

Good. Dehaka so OP. Went 4-0 in the first 5 minutes of a game. Make his tongue skill shot.

Make Egon so his skills aren't hero target and debuffs.

Bio rework good. 6 Lions Bane for a build is BORING.

Reworks generally involve more than skills being targetted or skillshots.

Also 6 lionsbane isnt a good bio build

Bio can build int... Well used to be able to better, which was fun.

I like the ideas above for blarog. Changing Q to a mini stun with a 3 second slow would be a big help. Re working h is E as his passive based on how much HP he has depends on how much leach he has is a pretty bad ass passive and giving him a different skill for E like extra wep damage by adding stacks or something similar to keri.

Anything, But the way he is right now it's pretty shap. also because you need like 4 wep speed items to hit the wep speed max now bruisers usually don't get there like AA's who have leach and escapes.

Edited by zazzn

I remember Balrog felt OP when his ult accidentally went through armor.

Perhaps we can make his ult do true damage?

Then.........increase cool down to twice the current duration, unless the ult killed someone, in which case the cool down will be 3/4 of the current duration. A bit like Axe's ult.

Edit:

Let me think here. I might be on to something.

Instead of damage as a percentage of missing health, why not armor as a percentage of missing health? This complements Rog's leech passive rather well and it doesn;t seem redundant with LZ passive now that it has been changed to spell armor.

Make Q and AoE movement slow

Edited by hbogyt

I know this is a somewhat silly request, but I would like to see Balrog get a little number on the icon for his ulti that shows how many stacks he has. It is a simple thing, but many of the new heros have a way to show their stacks and I kinda miss that with Rog. Of course you can mostly tell because of his size, but the # would be nice.

=================

Also here is an OP idea if we are talking about buffing Balrog a little. How about adding a touch of Shadowmorne to his passive.

(Current leach text) + "When an enemy hero attacks you a mini-rog spawns next to the attacking hero. It lasts for 1/1.33/1.66/2 seconds and attacks the hero. Deals 1/3 damage, applies on hit effects, 2.5 second cooldown."

=================

Also just to put in my 2 bits. I played him a couple times this weekend and for the most part I find he still works well as is. A little boring, but only if you find winning boring!

Maybe we shouldn't give any hero a grab, a slow or AoE slow, a blink, and a heal.

Why? Dehaka isnt even a particularly strong hero. He is overshadowed by loads of other ones.

His pull isnt long range his slow isnt that good and he e has such a long cast time it isnt broken.

His ult used to be broken but now it is in a good place.

Edited by Yaldi

Here's an idea of what I'd want for Dehaka.

HP: Collect Essence from nearby dying units (or some other form of scaling like Levels or Kills/Assist) which increases effectiveness of your abilities.

Q: Stuns and pulls you to enemy. (Essence increases pull range or stun duration)

W: Toss out dehaka spawn that can be temporary wards but suicide into nearby enemies and slow them. (Essence increases spawn and slow duration)

E: Single target knockback (Essence increases distance)

R: Massive heal over a few seconds + Resist. (Essence increases duration or resist)

HP: Collect Essence from nearby dying units (or some other form of scaling like Levels or Kills/Assist) which increases effectiveness of your abilities.

Q: Stuns and pulls you to enemy. (Essence increases pull range or stun duration)

W: Toss out dehaka spawn that can be temporary wards but suicide into nearby enemies and slow them. (Essence increases spawn and slow duration)

R: Massive heal over a few seconds + Resist. (Essence increases duration or resist)

Sounds like a cross between Queen and current Dehaka.

How much essence can he hold? This sounds like a better rework.

Unless Q is OP.

Why? Dehaka isnt even a particularly strong hero. He is overshadowed by loads of other ones.

His pull isnt long range his slow isnt that good and he e has such a long cast time it isnt broken.

His ult used to be broken but now it is in a good place.

He's over shadowed by Penthos, who also happens to have a heal, a slow, a blink, and a pull. Penthos doesn't cut himself unlike Barney.

50% isn't good? Correct me if I am wrong, but most dehaka run atom smasher, for longer slow....

Both these chars need rework.

He's over shadowed by Penthos, who also happens to have a heal, a slow, a blink, and a pull. Penthos doesn't cut himself unlike Barney.

50% isn't good? Correct me if I am wrong, but most dehaka run atom smasher, for longer slow....

Both these chars need rework.

Everything runs/can run atom smasher because it is a stupidly good item.