Maar ultimate change

TheIntern

I don't think ripping off Karthus' ult would be the best idea (even if it fits maar's character perfectly) because in AoS it would probably be used for:

-Catching a fleeing hero.

-Softening up targets for a team battle.

Maar can already soften up targets by casing a few heat waves. Plus, he can use frost or heat wave to catch a fleet. I don't think adding a global nuke would add much to his role, because he can already do the things a global nuke would accomplish with his ridiculous range. Plus, it would make people rage more.

The idea isn't supposed to be OP, it's to add a twist possibly requiring communication.

but thats the thing, most people dont use that in pub games, and in IH matches, you need to know EXACTLY how to use it correctly or your going to mess everything up. you almost need intensive practice just to use something every 5-2 minutes, sure it COULD be game changing, but i dont think its reward is worth the risk.

it would mean if he was changed to this maar always be mid to get to level 6 faster, and to secure kills on top and bot lane with ult. wait for enemy be on 50-150 health ask maar to ult HAY Maar Press R

im sure scaling needs be not to low. but enough kill 15-25% health enemy.

The problem is that as long as MAAR saves his ult every hero on the map automatically has ~15-25% less health, essentially. It would be like a version of Erekul's ult that does less damage but can hit everyone on the map at once regardless of range and distance.

Now, if it had a limited radius, like, say 20, then it would be more balanced but I still don't see why Maar would need another ability to soften up an enemy team.

Maybe his ulti's cooldown could scale with the amount of units teleported by his ulti? I.e 1 unit teleported = 20% cooldown, 2 units teleported =4 0% cooldown, 3 units teleported = 60% cooldown, 4 units teleported = 80% cooldown, >5 units teleported = 100% cooldown. Of course the values could be tweaked, but the idea would be that MAAR's ulti would allow him to teleport a smaller number of units at a smaller cost.

Even better than a universal damage ability, how bout a universal heal ability.

yeah! lets copy soraka instead of karthus! but no, what Maar needs is a giant lazor with a pretty big radius and a global range, and a 1-3 second charge-up time, so its more of a skill shot instead of press r and M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!

Thats what I was saying forever ago. A skill like kame-hame-ha. MAAR evens says the words when he is charging up. Or better yet, give him that ability instead of an AoE aura for 3 reds and for his ulti give him a global spirit bomb. Guaranteed kill, but he has to be in the river and he charges up for 5 minutes.

Thats what I was saying forever ago. A skill like kame-hame-ha. MAAR evens says the words when he is charging up. Or better yet, give him that ability instead of an AoE aura for 3 reds and for his ulti give him a global spirit bomb. Guaranteed kill, but he has to be in the river and he charges up for 5 minutes.

idk... it might be too op for this game, i mean, 5 minute charge up time is kinda short...

no but really, a giant lazor would be the best for him.

possible to make his ult change depending on if he has more orb of destruction or creation.

destruction can be something like dmg every enemy on the map for an example 100 true dmg

and for creation heal allies for example 100life.

his ult can vary depending on the orbs but i cant come up with other ones ^_^

yeah! lets copy soraka instead of karthus! but no, what Maar needs is a giant lazor with a pretty big radius and a global range, and a 1-3 second charge-up time, so its more of a skill shot instead of press r and M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!

No he shouldn't have a laser... That's what Cyprus is for...

I somewhat agree. In almost all games that someone plays MAAR, mass teleport never gets used. However, that ulti may be a bit OP.

In almost all games that someone plays maar, they also have no idea what they're doing.

Mass teleport is pretty awesome for teleporting a full creepwave on a tower. I think a lot of people don't realize you can teleport anywhere on the map, not just where you have vision.

maar is pretty simple... i don't see how hes confusing. it is a pain to hafta spam orbs though - they should just make it like invoker where the orbs stay until different ones are summoned, really, and just have mana+cds on individual spells

mass teleport has potential to win games, though it is a very niche ult

No he shouldn't have a laser... That's what Cyprus is for...

not of the lazor comes down from the sky with a giant explosion at the end. have X damage for the lazor, while hitting with the lazor is a true skill-shot for big damage and an AoE explosion.

Archived