AOS Ongoing Inhouse League (OP Constantly Updated)

Sphynx

Aeon of Storms In-house League Rehash Season 1

RULES

Ladder Format and Rankings

This League will be run on the most simplistic of'Ladder' concepts. The basis of competition is a long term ongoing season where teams are pitted against each other in order to be gain rank within the ladder. Teams will be ranked from 1 to n (n = # of teams in the ladder)

Teams will play games minimum of once per week. versus either the team ranked directly above or below them. Games will be played on an alternating basis (1 week you play the team above you, the next week you play the team below you)

If you beat the team ranked above you, you will move advance up one spot in the ladder (Taking the position of the team you just beat)

If you beat the team ranked below you, there will be no change and you will retain your respective ladder spot

Conversely:

If you lose a game vs the team ranked above, there will be no change and you will retain your respective ladder spot

If you lose a game vs the team ranked below you, you will move down one spot in the ladder (Taking the position of the team that beat you)

*I reserve the right to slightly alter how ranks are determined in order to place NEW teams in the ranking system. Long story short, new teams will NOT necessarily be placed in last, because I feel the system works better not subjecting the lower teams to what would be "obvious stomps".*

Team Construction; Registration of Players; Clans with Multiple A, B, C teams

Team Costruction

Teams MUST consist of a minimum of 5 players, however we SUGGEST teams have 10+ players minimum in order to maximize the odds that 5 players will show up for your matches. Since this is an ongoing ladder, it is highly likely that all 10 players will have a chance to play due to the fact that you will always have some players that cannot show at certain times.

Any One player CANNOT be a part of more than one team. I.E. if you play for team "UFAM", you may not also play for "PCobra". (This stipulation does not apply to players from clans with multiple teams… see below)

Registration (**UPDATED!**)

Considering the number of registered teams vs "free sub" players. I have decided I no longer want substitutes to participate in the league. Anyone who is a Tier 1-3 player (You know who you are) MUST register for a team to play. Very novice players will allowed to be used as substitutes. The reason for this rule is to ensure "quality" players are not on different teams week to week and thus totally affecting the outcome of matches which they by definition, dont even care about. So From this point forward only REGISTERED players may play, unless they are clearly a novice substitute.

Example:

Team PCobra for example is a clan team. Every member of PCobra is eligible to play for PCobra. (Players may not switch clan tags to play for multiple teams). If PCobra wishes to enter a 2nd team then they would need to follow the rules listed below.

For Non-Clan teams, you do not NEED to register players with me in advance (except for the minimal 5 required to register a team). I will add members to your team as they are used.

Multiple teams from one clan must follow specific rules:

Team GIJoe for example has 3 teams in the league.

Team A has 7 registered players (Team A must have minimum 7 players if they have a Team B)

-This Team A can officially use ALL GIJoe members in their League games

-The number of 7 was chosen for attendance issues, since this league runs EVERY week, odds that 2/7 members will miss each week are high)

Team B has 7 registered players

-This Team B can use all GIJoe members EXCEPT the 7 players from Team A (They are considered too good to play for Team B)

-Most Teams may only have 2 teams (In this case their B team consists of every other member in their clan)

Team C in this case includes the rest of the GIJoe Clan.

-This Team C can use all GIJoe members EXCEPT the 14 players registered to Team A and B from the GIJoe team.

The purpose of having multiple teams to expand the levels of competition for other teams. If clans insist on splitting their stronger players into A and B teams to create 2 teams of equal quality, than those teams will not follow the above rules of "7 players", but rather be forced to act as independent teams. (No Clan A/B teams currently operate this way.) (The A team is always the stronger, and B team the weaker).

Current Exceptions: MaX -A team currently only has 6 members, and has never used another member in their A team games. If they begin to regularly use a member from their B team, they will be forced to move this player up to the A team.

Drafting Rules, Autobans and NA vs EU servers

The Default Game will be a DRAFT to determine Teams :

Only Captains will make the calls for picking and banning. Once each team's 5 heroes have been chosen, players can then choose which of those 5 heroes they wish to play. The ban and pick procedure is:

[Team 1] ; (Team 2)

1st Stage -> [bAN] -> (BAN) -> [bAN] -> (BAN) -> [bAN] -> (BAN) {1-1-1-1-1-1}

2nd Stage -> [PICK] -> (PICK) -> (PICK) -> [PICK] -> [PICK] -> (PICK) {1-2-2-1}

3rd Stage -> [bAN] -> (BAN) -> [PICK] -> (PICK) -> [PICK] -> (PICK) {1-1; 1-1-1-1}

*Picks are unique.

We think this draft system feels more fair and competitive if you learn what Heroes your opponents plan to play. This also allows you to counter-pick and develop necessary synergy.

Additional Modes:

If BOTH team captains agree you may institute:

1) Autobans (Banning heroes BEFORE the draft begins)

2) A 3G Ban Game instead of a Draft (just stage 1 above, followed by free picking of heroes (does not have to be unique))

Remember if both teams do not agree to these rules, the default rules of draft mode with no autobans will be played.

NA vs EU:

If Teams are located primarily on different servers, matches between two specific teams will be split to be played on NA server / EU server.

For these matches I suggest a BO3 game set. One game on NA, one game on EU, third game RPS for server. The team on the visiting server should have first pick. If you don't have time for a 3 game (Best of 3) then RPS for server for the 1 game.

Example: GIJoe (NA) faces mMoRi (EU).

1) RPS is performed to determine which server the match will be played on.

2) GIJoe wins, Match is played on NA.

3) mMoRi can have first pick due to being on the less preferred server

4) The next time (maybe weeks later) mMoRi faces GIJoe, no RPS is required; Match will be played on EU with GIJoe having first pick.

5) The next match will be on NA etc etc.

Disconnection, Team Substitutions and Forfeit Rules

What to do if a player Disconnects?

If a player disconnects in the first 5 minutes of the game - that game will be restarted.

If a player disconnects after the first 5 minutes of the game, please wait 2 minutes for them to reconnect. If they do not reconnect, continue playing the game after the player is dropped. In this case a leaver bonus in the game occurs for the team with 4 players. The team of 5 may consider purposely having one of their players leave to even out this bonus. This should be stated, and can only be done after a player legitimately drops. Purposely dropping players to obtain a leaver bonus (when the other team has not already had a player disconnect) will be considered cheating, and result in removal of that team from the league or an arbitrary reduction in rank as punishment

What if your team screws up and picks a "banned" hero?

This "mistake" will only be allowed once. The draft will NOT be redone, the game will be remade with the original draft, players will then select the correct heroes. If a team makes this mistake 2 times, they will forfeit the match.

What if the other team does not show at the requested time?

There will be 15 minute grace period before a forfeit is counted. I.E. A game scheduled at 5pm, by 5:15 a no-show will result in a forfeit.

To Further Clarify these rules, I have made the following additions:

You MUST have 3 members of your team present by 5:15 pm. At this point an additional 5 minutes will be granted to find acceptable substitutes for the game.

If you have less than 3 clan members / team members, forfeit will be automatic no matter if there are enough (non-team) subs present. (I.E. your team cannot be made of mostly subs).

Rules about Substitutes:

All members must be registered to play games for your clan. They must be listed in the registered players category to play. Generally no substitutes will be allowed anymore due to the nature of so many good substitute players available. A substitute can be used if they are clearly a NOVICE player. This means that pretty much everyone in the game should know that this substitute is likely not going to affect the outcome of the game. If you are a Tier 1-3 player, (you know who you are) then you need to be registered on a team.

What if one clan's A team faces its own B team?

This is best written using an example (M82 has an A and B team)

Supposedly M82 -A is composed of 7 players and the M82 -B team consists of the rest of the clan. For this match M82 -B would select 7 players which only play for the B team. The M82 A team thus has players ranked 1-7 and the M82 B team has players ranked 8-14. If either of these teams needs a sub. They can use players outside the top 14 from their clan, or other substitutes not on other teams in the league.

If the B team wins. Then the Clan leader is highly likely to approach me to reassign members between his A and B teams. In this situation the teams will be renamed such that the "A" team is higher. As this is highly unlikely, we will wait for this situation to occur, if ever :)

Unbooked Matches:

If a Match remains unbooked (no time is agreed upon); and the match is NOT played that week (Matches are announced Sunday Night or Monday; and need to be completed by Sunday night Midnight EST). Several outcomes are possible:

1) The Team Ranked higher will automatically win (basically match is cancelled, with no ranks exchanged)

2) The Team at fault for not agreeing to, or capable of agreeing to reasonable match times will forfeit.

3) The Match will carry over to the following week; and the team Below both teams, may be advanced PAST them both in the ranking scale.

Which outcome occurs will be completely up to Sphynx. (Mwahahahah, don't let me decide your fate!!)

Organizers and Moderators

[Edify]Sphynx (NA); [Clique]Strider (EU)

In-House League Rankings:

Will update after week 1.

Matches for THIS week:

Will be announced likely on the day of determining how many teams will show and adjustments need to be made

This week's games are all scheduled for Sunday June 28th 6pm EST.

Opponents will be matched by approximate skill level.

Note I will be denoting fixed times games need to be played each week, but teams can organize an alternative time if they wish to play BEFORE the sunday time.

Detailed Results:

Registered Teams

Teams: (Will be updated as members are added)

(NIC) = Not In Clan

Players who would like to have a team to participate in the league (Non-Clan):

(Non-clan teams can be built from volunteer players who do not want to be in any specific clan)

-Manling

-Axtrimaitex

-Rossogon

To Join the League, Private message me!

This top post will be continually updated!

Edited by Sphynx

Good, no 3G in this league now, unlike the league on that other forum.

Thank God Sphynx hasn't editted it into this one=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

Hah.

Either way, I will be determining over the next 2 weeks if there are even the people to make this worth while.

After that, ill iron out the rules.