Items with Minus Stats

FroggyKilla

Remember that old item Masamune. It gave you high DPS but at the cost of damage resistance. I kinda want more items like those. Or we could rework some of the current items to have minus stats. For example:

Argus would have +120 INT and -300 HP.

Hand of Mengsk could give +100 AGI and -15 armor, -15 spell armor

Something like those.

These minus stats would increase build diversity but gives risks for purchasing an item.

Any feedback/suggestions?

Ok let's get back to the topic of more items with minus stats. It makes the game fun because players may not want to buy an item. As a result, a player may have less than 6 items. If they want to take the risk of buying a powerful item to carry a team, than that's their choice.

With team items being actives I figured people would be dying faster so team fights would be shorter. I would like another risk/reward item but I feel like the only one we have (lethal barbed) is picked up so infrequently.

Edited by AtomiK

I don't think that is fun at all...one of the current meta goals is to make team fights last longer, but something like this would probably just make them end faster than they already do.

Not all items should have minus stats, only a few, something like 15, so it wouldn't "ruin" the game.

Not all items should have minus stats, only a few, something like 15, so it wouldn't "ruin" the game.

It's not about how many items that said "minus stats"....its about introducing such a item itself. There would be 2 options, both of which I would find not ideal.

Option 1: Because it's considered a shap item, no one uses it, in which case there was no point in going through the trouble of putting the item in

Option 2: People use it because it's good, but because it provides the insane benefit of burst or the malefic stat reductions, you end up dying faster, which I just mentioned is against the current "meta goal" of extending hero duels and team fights.

Or I'm just stubborn and crazy, so I suppose there are 3 options.

Edited by taznkid

It's not about how many items that said "minus stats"....its about introducing such a item itself. There would be 2 options, both of which I would find not ideal.

Option 1: Because it's considered a shap item, no one uses it, in which case there was no point in going through the trouble of putting the item in How about making it not shap?

Option 2: People use it because it's good, but because it provides the insane benefit of burst or the malefic stat reductions, you end up dying faster, which I just mentioned is against the current "meta goal" of extending hero duels and team fights.

Or I'm just stubborn and crazy, so I suppose there are 3 options.

First of all, I'd like to say this. Players shouldn't just go into the middle of the fight when playing a DPS, that's the tank's job: to absorb as much damage as possible. (unless you're a carry.... Then you can just run away with your mobility). The DPS's job is to kill all support, casters, and rival DPS. This involves killing them either prior to or during the team fight, hawking them and kill them alone. Powerful items with minus stats can make this easier of harder. Keep in mind that skill and intelligence wins the most team fights.

Another thing: Not all these items with minus stats will affect survivability. Some items could affect your ability to deal damage. Say something gives you a high amount of armor, yet will negatively affect your damage. That's the idea with these items. You give them a first look and say "150 wpn damage, I'm in" and then say "oh dear: -15 to both my defenses".

"Stubborn" and "crazy" people did much to contribute to society, just look at Benjamin Franklin.