Is this a messed up build for greelus or what and why does it work?

kebron

So after looking over Greelus Humankinds skillset I started fooling with different items to get the most damage out of him and found that this works in pubs but it has the major drawback of taking forever to get to your final build...

Arcbound Ravager;Pyre;Cauterizer;Contaminated Shard;Cerebro;Ihan stacks early;and an Intelligece item...

This ends up giving you pretty solid HP and great armor for an int character. Your weapon speed will reach the cap and I've been able to Solo a Shade in it's ult but you have to be sure to hit him with your Q to get the most out of the damage delt..

Tips on how I can improve on this build?

Played with some stuff... Nitrogen and Kuras for int items, atom smasher for slow/health/damage/contam shard and pyre/ and dst for armor seems to work best... gives about 4000 hp at lvl 18 with 60-70% armor and spell resist and a whole lot of spell damage... Think could probably squeeze a good bit more hp and damage out of ihan

I feel like for pubs:

Cerebros (for Weapon Speed)

Star's Fury/Coat of Arms (Both for Weapon Speed, but depends on whether you want more burst or health/sustain)

Khalis Relic (For Physical Resist)

Nitrogen Retrofit (Slow that procs on R and Auto-Attacks from Q debuff)

Gravity Edge (Spell Armor Penetration)

Argus Crystal (Spell Damage AMP)

Would work much better. Would probably burst the average pub hero down in 3-5 Auto-Attacks I bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Greelus is one of my favorite heroes:

How well you do is less item dependant and more on using him "wisely".

If you hit his Q... pretty much no one can fight him, because he gets like 5 aa's that slow you drastically.

Basically I just stack INT on this hero. I add Nitrogen Retrofit for life. Argus/Grav and later in the build SymphSeed is good for the CDR (unique CDR).

THis is because your ultimate if used right is just deadly.

Also I find using the V skill is what makes Greelus players good-->elite. If done right you can kill or escape from almost anyone.

It should be noted that an AA-caster build is infact viable for Greelus. I.E. wpn speed CAN work on Nully and Greelus.

So really your build is not horrible. But you will do weaker spell damage in an inhouse, which might be needed to sway battles.

Either way you can build Greelus almost anyway you want.

I like Nitro (slow stack on Q) (As a key item no matter what)

Edited by Sphynx

If you already have 2 AA's on your team and no AoE then you would probably provide more for your team by focusing on INT rather than weapon speed.

Just get Coat of Arms and Cerebros, they both give INT :p

It's mostly from the uniques that you get the damage anyway.

• 5 months later...

Umm...you DO realize that most people draft Greelus in In-House because

1. His ult is still very powerful

2. He is very good at laning (just about anywhere)

3. Has some degree of CC

I don't recall EVER seeing a AA Greelus in a IH....only wierdo AA Greelus in pubs that don't even know how to farm properly and feed or just feed on scrubs.

Umm...you DO realize that most people draft Greelus in In-House because

1. His ult is still very powerful

2. He is very good at laning (just about anywhere)

3. Has some degree of CC

I don't recall EVER seeing a AA Greelus in a IH....only wierdo AA Greelus in pubs that don't even know how to farm properly and feed or just feed on scrubs.

Only because IH is all tryhards. Don't try and deny this. And the damage amp from ulti and the bonus spell damage from Q benefits his AA more.

PS: you indirectly insulted zazzn.