Buff or Rework Nova's Silent Takedown (Q)

taznkid

It def needs a rework to make this game less like LOL.

Active: Gangplank shoots a target enemy with his pistol, dealing physical damage. This ability can critically strike and applies on-hit effects, including 20px-Grog_Soaked_Blade.png Grog Soaked Blade.

• Physical Damage: 20 / 45 / 70 / 95 / 120 (+ 100% AD)

If the unit is killed with this ability, Gangplank gains extra gold and refunds half the mana cost.

• Extra Gold: 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

It can increase your money in by over 50%...

...When it is level 4.

Effectively it makes last hitting easier. I also think its pretty legit to buy mana pots so you can spam it more but i will need to calculate that later

What is the manacost? 40/50/60/70?

No way manapotions are worth it earlygame, given one manapot is 40 minerals and level one q is +4 minerals. That requires 10 lasthits with q just to recoup costs.

Immortal is more or less banned in the majority of the games played

45/50/55/60 mana cost. 6/10/14/18 minerals. support her with egon or immortal.

Immortal is more or less banned in the majority of the games played.

In my opinion nova can lane GOOD against nearly anything in mid. In fact I don't recall a game, played by a decent nova, where she wasn't ahead in her lane. The early stats levels makes her more beefy and improves her last hits and denies even more. Vanish during laning phase makes her nearly impossible to gank, while it also works perfectly offensive, if ur jungle swing by.

Egon + nova together means that ur dual lane has no real kill potential. Obviously you can still do good in a lane without getting kills, but what about ur other lanes? And with those heroes picked it probably means that ur opponent has some pretty gangsta dual lane.

On top of that You'll be forced to jungle ur tank I unless you want a braindead melee hero getting a nightmare starts in solo lane.

I think it makes little sense to lane nova + egon, especially since she does so good mid lane.

I always found novas kit a bit underwhelming. When I played you would always max the dash first because it was just the best. No real point in ranking up q,w,r past lvl 1. E and Stats are all that matters on that champ.

I think its because all her skills just dont scale very well. They all scale with int and the base dmg is meh. The mobility of e is > then the dmg on q for its mana cost.

And as ultimates go hers is easily lacking. It seems more like a skill that should be in her kit. Think Cait traps or Jinx chompers. A 1.5-2 second root as an ult?

Think how satisfying and fun Jinx ult, EZ ult, Draven ULT, Lucian ult, MF ult, and Ash ult are to use. There big flashy and just feels good when you use it to secure a kill.

Granted Draven Jinx Ash EZ ults are all pretty similar. Being all global projectiles. But there still just fun to use and they each serve a different purpose.