[Unix - v1.259] debuffing harassment / regen tank

Bizzybone

[unix - v1.259] debuffing harassment / regen tank

This is my first guide and first post on the forum, so take it easy on me. Also, I'm casual and don't IH, so I don't know of this build is viable outside of pubs.

Talents:

-Integrity

-Discipline

-Vigor

-Zeal

-Prodigy

-Swiftness

-Optional (I like Overlord to slow down enemy last hitting)

Items in buy order:

-Lost Treasure

-Super Heated Mantle

-Organic Carapace

-Nanotech Lifesuit

*at this point items and buy order depend on how the match is going*

-Chilling artifact

-Kura's death mask

-Nitrogen Retrofit

Abilities:

E Q Q E W R Q Q W R W W E E R

This build requires at least one competent dps hero on your team. Your goal is to feed kills to your team with your ult and fungal while constantly harassing lanes and being tanky with your ridiculous HP regeneration. Your marines and spell damage will be relatively weak, but still more than enough to completely control a lane as long as your aren't facing a Kerrigan or Jakk. Once you get organic and nanotech your regen capabilities will be through the roof and you can be highly aggressive with little worry of dying. Zeal is there in case you get ambushed and need to hightail it out of a bad situation.

Laning phase;

You'll start fairly vulnerable and won't be able to be overly aggressive until you get the organic. The Lost Treasure (or Duran's pendant) will be necessary to keep your marine spam rolling and to dominate your lane early on, but once you get to level 2 burrow, you should have virtually unlimited mana. Just spam marines, harass enemy hero, own your lane, and farm at your leisure.

Mid game:

By this point you should have at least organic. If you got a few lucky kills in lane, also the nanotech. It's time to be aggressive. Burrow troll with your SHM for extra dmg and anytime a team fight happens or you catch someone alone...

marine wall->fungal->ult

and let your teammates get free kills. If they're squishy your marines are sometimes able to finish them off without help. It also helps if you ult them close-by so that your SHM can be pinging them for extra dmg during the stun.

Late game:

You should pretty much be permanently burrowed unless you're running or trying to sneak in some AA dmg. With your outlandish regen, huge armor rating, and large HP pool, you want to stroll into the enemy team burrowed and absorb dmg. Your SHM will be procing your Kura's Death Mask and/or Nitrogen Retrofit to effectively debuff their entire team. In combo with Chilling Artifact this makes you a highly effective presence in any team fight just by simply being around.

Actively, Fungal and your ult are your two main jobs at this point. Always ult their carry once team fights occur. The 5 second stun is killer if used at the right moment. With this build your marines might as well be spitting on enemies damage-wise, but are still highly valuable for walling off retreating foes or blocking reinforcements coming down a ramp.

Cons:

Parallax is of course always able to wreck Unix's day. With SHM and Nitrogen you should be able to keep parallax on cd, but even with this going, parallax will still reduce your CC efficacy.

Kerrigan and Jakk are able to slaughter your marines and will dominate you in lane, switch lanes if you get this matchup.

It's slow going early on and requires you to be cautious. If you die too much and get behind early on, enemy carrys' dmg will outpace your ability to tank and you'll be practically useless for the entire game.

Overall, I've found this build to be highly effective and regularly go Godlike with it. This isn't because I'm getting a huge amount of kills, but because it's very difficult to be killed. Your team will snowball if they are anywhere close to competent due to your ability to feed them with powerful CC abilities. It's a really fun build that becomes terribly op if you manage to get some early kills and get ahead on items. Also, there are few kills as satisfying as chasing a fleeing enemy and watching them slowly die due to SHM damage.

TLDR: Tons of regen for amazing tanking ability, lots of debuffs from items and SHM to proc them, great CC with egg walls, fungal and your ult to feed your teammates.

It's a blast tanking the entire enemy team forever, but only really happens if you get some lucky early kills unfortunately

I really wish ancient rune wasn't garbage. It could take my burrowed SHM trolling to a whole new level! But sadly, it is garbage.

I like this except for you saying ancient rune is garbage. The only time I ever build ancient rune is when I have a shm. And it is hilarious to have people fall to low HP with no idea why then you just ult them and they are dead. Or if you have a decent team you never show yourself and your team kills them. I got a monster kill with just staying burrowed lol. It was hilarious. Other than that, I like your build

Asura's Guise, Kura's Deathmask, Gravity Edge, Argus Crystal, Nitrogen Retrofit, Ancient Rune...Superheated Mantle procs all of those you know >_>

If I'm feeling especially ballsy in a pub, I get:

Superheated Mantle

Argus Crystal

Nitrogen Retrofit

Gravity Edge

Asura's Guise

Ancient Rune

Freaking hilarious :D

I always really WANT to run ancient rune, and I've tried it numerous times on several builds. It seems like it'd have perfect synergy with SHM and burrow, but I've always felt like it did very little damage, definitely not enough to justify a spot in an endgame build.

Of course maybe I just haven't figured out how to use it properly, I've certainly never gotten a monster kill with it!

I always really WANT to run ancient rune, and I've tried it numerous times on several builds. It seems like it'd have perfect synergy with SHM and burrow, but I've always felt like it did very little damage, definitely not enough to justify a spot in an endgame build.

Of course maybe I just haven't figured out how to use it properly, I've certainly never gotten a monster kill with it!

The issue with Ancient Rune on the average caster is that a caster cannot constantly proc it, the way a Agility carry can proc Pyre.

Superheated Mantle though, procs Ancient Rune every second, which is why it works to do a ton of damage.