Nova builds?

Rogue

Most novas build crit and other glass cannon items, sometimes i see shinobi, but its not that common,lots of people get timesplitter on her, because sometimes she has trouble 1v1ing some heroes, only get explosive if there is a bio, for lifesteal you should get either naix or darwins, depends on if you need more damage or more surviveability

1. Soul Engine + Hunter's Hatchet + Pots

2. Duran's Machete

3. Arcbound Ravager

4. Executioner's Axe

5. Xenomorphic Cleaver/Khali Blade

6. Xenomorphic Cleaver/Khali Blade

And then situational items, such as Force of Entropy, Sliptide Scythe, Galactic Defender, etc.

1. Soul Engine + Hunter's Hatchet + Pots

2. Duran's Machete

3. Arcbound Ravager

4. Executioner's Axe

5. Xenomorphic Cleaver/Khali Blade

6. Xenomorphic Cleaver/Khali Blade

And then situational items, such as Force of Entropy, Sliptide Scythe, Galactic Defender, etc.

Thats much of a standard build^^i think depends if alot hp would go pyre instead.

If enemy team has lot of stuns i like to get paralax as 3rd item / or c-48 depends

If enemy team has alot of minions i like to get explosive retro

if enemy team has heavy dps comp... i like to get stunkn. n cautrizer if they have leechin heros like shad.

"never tried darwins since it got changed" gotta do dat

And yea Eternity if i am ahead cuz it has a cool name and gives abit of each, what i remember.

Do not rush arcbound on any hero. Ever. Sliptide and Pyre are a thousand times better, Timesplitter and GC are less good since you rely on actives and since you even considering buying that shap item, well you clearly don't know enough to even assign proper hotkeys to them...... Furthermore, and this is more important than the fact that arcbound is a garbage item, is the fact that in the early game, weapon damage increases your DPS way more than weapon speed, so even rushing pyre (and especially slitpide since it scales with your weapon damage) is worse than just getting the big wep damage component of khali.

Everyone rushes arcbound in IH doh

Having said that, Nova is the only one of the Ranged Agility Carries that I would do this for, the reason being, all the other Agility Carries have decent offensive utility kits.

For example, I really like Stun Knife+Phase Cloak on Darpa, because I think it has good synergy with him building up Vendetta stacks for his abilities. Nova abilities are shap for early game, so you might as well build for late game and farm up.

Personally, I think that Whale should buff Nova's Q so that it gives moar minerals.

Edited by taznkid

Just because people rush archbound in IH doesn't mean its good doh

Doesn't mean its NOT good doh

Besides, Crit does such a shapload of damage its sad if you don't get it. Having said that, you have to get it early while you can. Think this might change with various changes in current Beta.

Edited by taznkid

Everyone rushes arcbound in IH doh

I don't. I go khali->arcbound, not arcbound->khali.

Not a lot of people around that do that, but it means you are actually able to do some damage, if called upon. A naked arcbound does nothing on its own.

Like Adam says: Something being standard in inhouse doesn't mean it is good. It doesn't mean its bad, either - in fact it doesn't mean anything, other than the fact that its standard. Ask people for their reasoning on stuff. Maybe the logic is stellar and the build therefore perfect for the situation; maybe it isn't.

I spotted one player, a seasoned inhouser, in my team a week ago, getting arcbound first item (after phase cloak) on boros. I asked him wtf was up with his itembuild, how did that shap make any sense at all. He was really offended and defensive. I hope he reads this.

Generally I think pyre still adds rather insane damage for the cost, particularly cause of the weapon speed increase. I only ever build the item on select heroes or if against particularly heavy health comp though.

Edited by Soedenone

There was huge debate on getting what item first... Before Lethal was op as shap, it was always Pyre. Then Lethal got that op buff, everyone change to crit build. Then Lethal nerfed again, archbound was the new king. Then there was a short period where sliptide has his moment. Now, I'm hearing Pyre having his throne back!

Cuz i'm old school I rushed pyre as usual when I came back from long break few months ago, the NA noobs will laugh at my build for not building any damage. I had a huge debate with them and went to test builds. In the end builds are all situational.

Positioning, last hit, deny, and be at the right place at the right time.. are more important than your builds. As long as you follow the core items at the end. To be op with nova just like most AA carries, you always need at least 1 to 1 and a half items ahead than opponent team. If their tanks are richer than you with 1 item ahead, it doesnt matter what build you're building towards, you will get shap faced.

heres how i build

revolver

stun knife

xenomorph

pyre

sliptide

from now it's situational among galatic, (forgot the name. anti aa item), foe, niax or explosive(explosive feels like better).

make sure you don't complete blackhole magnum and time splitter. they're pretty bad.