Darpa mid vs Cow

GhostDragon

Talents?fury-weapondamage-leech-armor-fitness-spellarmor-movementspeed

But that one game I went fury-wd-leech-demigod-armor-fitness-ms

Items?start with hunters hatchet & soul engine. 1red+1 blue capsule. When I have 750 I tp get machete.

So the question is what do build from here on out. Vs cow-mentos-tychus-drake&raynor

My team jax+yig+cain+null&darpa

Probably Pulse Hammer into Stun Knife, into Smoldering Incisor would work decently. After that probably the following items depending on what is most necessary:

Sliptide Scythe

Isomorphic Pyre

Xenomorphic Cleaver

Sliptide into Pyre would personally be my choice.

Of course, if you can manage to get crit, that is preferable since crit just does stupid amounts of damage, but against a Cow mid as Darpa I feel that you probably wont be able to manage something like that.

Soul engine, 2 red pots, 1 fusion blade.

Weapon damage, weapon speed, life steal, demigod, hp, armor, spell resist.

Go shop the moment you can afford a machete. You should be stronger then him at lvl's 3-5 and you really need to abuse this, because once he hits 6 you have to play safe or he will just kill you.

Soul engine, 2 red pots, 1 fusion blade.

Weapon damage, weapon speed, life steal, demigod, hp, armor, spell resist.

Go shop the moment you can afford a machete. You should be stronger then him at lvl's 3-5 and you really need to abuse this, because once he hits 6 you have to play safe or he will just kill you.

That no Swiftness meta doh

BTW Skydie: You even said so yourself, that

1. You have the skill cap to build that way

2. Your way of playing is high risk high reward

You can't expect him to build like you and get the same results if he can't play like you.

Edited by taznkid

You do realize your safe build is nearly identical to mine right? Btw, I said that he should go Crit if he can, problem is he probably can't considering he solo laning against cow. He asked for a build against what he is up against. Considering Drake, Penthos, and Tychus are on their team, Pyre wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Edited by taznkid

It is really simple: Don't build your lategame carry "safe" or to "counter" a high damage enemy hero. The only thing you could do, is grab a cauterizer if you feel it is necessary and you have a lot of isolated 1v1s in the teamfights.

If you build your lategame carry (Nova, Darpa, Huntress, Savage, etc.) with stuff like pulse hammer / stun knife first, they will never be able to do any damage. It is like reverse snowball. If you were a midgame hero and had a bad earlygame, you could easily turn your build more reactive and situational - but if you build to recover and not to rebound on your lategame carry, you will just lose the game, because you will have no damage when it actually matters.

Enemy team has Cow? Don't clump up with your team or your creep.

Enemy team has Null? Don't get caught out of position where he can burst you down.

Enemy team has Micro/Akasha/Whatever? Don't position yourself poorly in the front.

In essence, it is just a matter of positioning and realising you are a lategame hero. If you have to build earlygame in order not to lose the game early, you/your team has already failed.

I am by no means a perfect player (Still a much, much better lasthitter than someone like Skydie though, lol) but you'll find that I try to exploit the strength on carries as much as I can, as do other good/decent carry players. If you are playing Nova/Darpa/Savage use your mobility tools to enter the teamfight after it has already started, avoiding the initial burst-damage of the enemy.

If you are playing huntress, patiently wait for your moment to go in an simply destroy the enemy carry or int-burster.

Etc. etc.

The way the majority of inhousegames are decided are by people being caught out of position in mid- and lategame. If it is your carry doing it, being overeager to join the fun, the game simply ends.

Play smarter.

Edited by Soedenone