The nuclear option is absolutely neccesary

The thing is when i play boros, i land around 75% of my nolas and i hardly ever play him, by compariaon, nmaybe one in five of my drake lances actually ends up pulling because of how derpy it is although with the bouncing fixed the number should be much higher if i ever felt like playing such a team reliant hero in pubs ever again. As to why i suck at boros is because i always seem to end up against good teams when i pick boros and they end up so far ahead that i can't kill them unless i get lucky with omni

For the record...I've carried a team against a Boros using Mandrake....and won the game too. Mandrake is the sole tank that can actually build like a tank and still carry a game.

Also, Boros is auto win, so you should be winning regardless of teams amright?

Edited by taznkid

Not if the game is so laggy you don't even realize bola was cast until you are suddenly dead, its happened to me a couple times, most of the time its just so laggy that you don't see it coming until its latched on. I still have yet to see a good reason as to why a dps hero needs spell immunity to counter his supposed counter. The q doesn't belong in this game, the w belongs on a support and needs its damage nerfed, the e is strong because of 100% crit chance without needing to buy lethal barb or stack multiples of a crit item, the r can solo kill any squishy or halve the health of an entire team

Edited by Johannes

Not if the game is so laggy you don't even realize bola was cast until you are suddenly dead, its happened to me a couple times, most of the time its just so laggy that you don't see it coming until its latched on. I still have yet to see a good reason as to why a dps hero needs spell immunity to counter his supposed counter. The q doesn't belong in this game, the w belongs on a support and needs its damage nerfed, the e is strong because of 100% crit chance without needing to buy lethal barb or stack multiples of a crit item, the r can solo kill any squishy or halve the health of an entire team

Umm....

1. Boros, out of all the Melee DPS heroes, is the only one without a Movement Speed Boost, Slow, or Gap Closer. Hence, to make up for this fact, he gets Spell Immunity and Periodic Debuff Immunity

2. Exactly why do you keep insisting that only supports can have pulls?

3. E has 100% Crit chance? WTF?

I said it could let you get 100% crit without buying letal, because it gives a bit over 40% by itself, and periodic debuff immunity plus spell immunity is way to strong, and the reason i think pulls should only be on supports is because of how absurdly powerful it is, if you pull qnyone other then a tank or a fed adc they should be dead if you have a halfway competent team. My bigest complaint about bola is its absurd damage, it should only apply damage once and a good 25% less then one current tick, its already a atrong nuke if you only get one tick, add onto that it stuns and pulls

I said it could let you get 100% crit without buying letal, because it gives a bit over 40% by itself, and periodic debuff immunity plus spell immunity is way to strong, and the reason i think pulls should only be on supports is because of how absurdly powerful it is, if you pull qnyone other then a tank or a fed adc they should be dead if you have a halfway competent team. My bigest complaint about bola is its absurd damage, it should only apply damage once and a good 25% less then one current tick, its already a atrong nuke if you only get one tick, add onto that it stuns and pulls

You know Lethal Barb is generally considered a shap item right?

Slasa is better vs multiple targets but for single target damage, nothing beats omni, not even fist of gaia, omni deals 300/600/900 plus 150/300/450% weapon damage

A side note, i actually won a game as boros, turns out i just needed a competent team

Please pay attention to this:

Well watch this replay and tell me "what should i (drake) have bought if i already had chilling, korhal and tasser while i had about 4500 hp to live a bit longer than 2 seconds agains boros? It uses 1)spell storm so he dodges sword breaker and tasser 2)salsa slash - (6 impact dials) + shinobi style = boros is uncatchable... where da flob is that balance?

http://drop.sc/398688

Edited by ecArmaDrake

I'm fairly certain thats not true given that i've been oneshot by a bola from a standard boros with around 1300 hp and 40% spell resist

It may be because he also gets a free auto in, but either way there is no reason an aa hero needs a reliable pull, the only pulls should be on supports and actually be hard to land, not a piece of cake, don't even get me started on how op his q is

You're fairly certain, but I'm positive. Bola isn't reliable, its just risk free. Bad players walk into bolas repeatedly so since you're playing against 75% bad players, that explains why you are hitting 75% of your bolas.

Bola could do less damage, but since you hate his whole skillset you'd still be unsatisfied. Boros isn't going to just be removed from the game.

Please pay attention to this:

Well watch this replay and tell me "what should i (drake) have bought if i already had chilling, korhal and tasser while i had about 4500 hp to live a bit longer than 2 seconds agains boros? It uses 1)spell storm so he dodges sword breaker and tasser 2)salsa slash - (6 impact dials) + shinobi style = boros is uncatchable... where da flob is that balance?

http://drop.sc/398688

Hey man, thanks for posting this. In hockey, this kind of game is called "not playing a full three periods." For the first 19 mintues, John's team absolutely, unequivocally ran train on you guys.

To be quite honest, you yourself played a pretty OK game and your Unix was trying his best to keep you guys in it. But that first 19 minutes completely flobed you guys over for a few reasons:

1. You gave a player like John a lot of free farm when he shouldn't be getting any.

2. Rancor had a DISASTROUS early game. I didn't recognize his name, but goddamn. He auto-attacked creeps almost the entire laning phase, barely denied and made a series of horrible decisions when trying to juke John at top. In addition, he was using the bare minimum stun time because he always Q'd from max range. A huge part of playing Rancor is positioning yourself so you can land the good stuns. I'm sorry for shapting on you here Vad, just trying to be objective.

3. Bottom was left out to dry early on, causing one of your only AA dps heroes to fall behind at a critical time. A well played Jakk can exert full map control like Grunty or Rancor, but nothing even remotely close to that happened in this game. It's fine to solo the long lane, but you need to give him support if he's getting ganked like that.

4. By the time you guys had your shap together, it was way too late to snowball. You actually had a real nice pull on John around minute 26, but it didn't really matter because he was faaaaat.

5. From this point on, because of the mistakes in early game, you guys had to be PERFECT in mid-late game. You had some good plays, but it wasn't enough. Hell, you guys practically wiped them at minute 39 and couldn't even push down the T3.

6. Last but not least, I think your Grunty tried to give himself a little too much survivability and sacrificed dps. This would have been fine if you had another AA dps to pick up the slack, but your Jakk was miles behind.

I'll say this: a well played Boros is really strong, no question, but when you let him run around the map like that it just exacerbates the problem.

Edited by martY

Well, the main point I was making is that Boros would have been WAYYY less of a threat had your team not been steamrolled early on. John's godlike was the direct result of a substantial amount of mistakes on your team's part early in the game.

EDIT: To go a bit further, if he wasn't fed and farmed by the time you landed your pull at minute 26, it would've been an easy kill and may have led to a T2 tower push. Instead, you guys got destroyed.

Edited by martY