The nuclear option is absolutely neccesary

Two words: remove boros

Why: because unless he is incompitent or the other team has a better boros he is an auto win,

I have never in my experience seen a team with a good boros lose to a tem at doesn't have tournament winners or a better boros

He can 2 shot people with his aa's in the mid game his ulti is 5 seconds of invuln his q is a semi get out of jail free card and his w deals absurd damage and has absurd range even when its only lvl 2

Not one of boros's active spells is balanced (save for salsa which nobody ever picks up, with good reason)

His q total sepell and debuff immunity

His w longest and easiest pull in the game, most damaging as well, i ahev been oneshot by this

His e free crit chance, yay lets promote building no skill mega damage aa builds

Omni, if you cast this on anyone who isn't a tank and you aren't behind they are usually dead

Salsa, actually does more standard low cd ulti damage, and has decent mobility

Two words: remove boros

This probably isnt the answer but i feel for you.

Why: because unless he is incompitent or the other team has a better boros he is an auto win,

I have never in my experience seen a team with a good boros lose to a tem at doesn't have tournament winners or a better boros

The real counter to boros is to not get hit by the bola, there are several heros that can destroy boros when they arent forced to be right next to him.

He can 2 shot people with his aa's in the mid game his ulti is 5 seconds of invuln his q is a semi get out of jail free card and his w deals absurd damage and has absurd range even when its only lvl 2

Not one of boros's active spells is balanced (save for salsa which nobody ever picks up, with good reason)

His q total sepell and debuff immunity

Its strong for sure but without it boros would be almost as useless as leo

His w longest and easiest pull in the game, most damaging as well, i ahev been oneshot by this

Idk if it is the easiest but it is not the longest, and only does shaptons of dmg if he is building Int

Boros: range 7/8/9/10

Tass: range 7/1013

Micro: range 6/8/10/12

Yig: range 10

Drake: range 7/8/9/10

His e free crit chance, yay lets promote building no skill mega damage aa builds

He is one of 2 crit favored heros, which makes it kinda unique, plus all aa carries build no skill mega dmg build, we cant remove them all

Omni, if you cast this on anyone who isn't a tank and you aren't behind they are usually dead

Omni isnt very effective unless they can hit the bola so dodge it. That being said unless you are behind (then yeah you should be dying to an assasin hero), built pure squish (unless you know you are better than everyone else you shouldnt do this) then you can just walk out of the ult. It has a cast area that if you leave boros just chills till omni is over and you are safe

Salsa, actually does more standard low cd ulti damage, and has decent mobility

TBH i dont think that boros is the problem, its the fact that there will be scrubs in every pub because there is no matchmaking meaning it will be easy for boros to get ahead if they are semi decent. One way to rekt boros is to shut him down in lane (he sucks there) or to go find him in the jungle early and rekt him (he is bad early). once boros falls behind omni does like no dmg anymore.

I feel like all of these "nerf 'this hero' or remove 'this hero'." posts by this guy are just a result of him getting rekt in some pub by said hero....

How about you go play Boros for like 15 games or so? If your theory is correct, then you should win every game amright?

Boros is fine the way it is...there are quite a few Physical Damage abilties that hit through Spellstorm, Psionic Bola is a skill shot that can be juked, the Critical Chance from E can be countered to a decent degree just by getting the armor from a Tenderizer (or other Armor item), and Omnislash....I'm pretty sure I did something like this already, but let me do it again:

Ways to Counter Omnislash:

1. Use of Bushes, High Ground, Innate Abilities, or Smoke Bombs to make Boros lose sight of target

2. Use of Creeps or other Heroes to disperse Omnislash damage

3. Fast Movement Speed or Blink from either innate abilities, or Items such as Impact Dial, Warp Shard, Silver Soul, C48 Gauss Cannon, etc.

4. Schrodinger's Lockbox, or abilities that put you in a state in which one cannot be targeted, such as Shadow's Vortex, Vorpal's Surge, Ling's Leap, Vergil's R (and E to an extent, since it provides evasion that works against Omnislash), or Dehaka's Tunnel

5. Nothing. Omnislash is a bit buggy right now, so sometimes to poor Boros fellow just stops after a few slashes for some strange unknown reason

Strong ability due to the more or less free damage and duration of invulnerability, but hardly unable to be countered to the point of being overpowered. Regardless of what hero you play, there should be SOME method by which you should be able to counter Omnislash, which means the primary concern then just turns to dodging bolas.

And so what if you get rekt by Omnislash? It's a Ultimate ability, and the enemy Boros just happened to outplay you. It happens.

Do you know what is REALLY a Auto-Win in pubs usually? A competent DPS related Lord Zhyrkan.

Edited by taznkid

This is why I'll never take balance feedback seriously without corresponding replays. There are simply too many instances of someone getting rekt and then immediately assuming it's because the enemy hero is OP. There are a million variables in every game. If you flob up too often, any good player will make you pay.

Post a replay, then we can talk about your concerns after we evaluate the rest of the game.

The reason i won't win those games as boros is because i suck at playing him, i personally don't have the right mindset to play any of the junglers, but still his bola hittting harder then cyprus ulti? That desperately needs a nerf, he can do it every ten seconds, and with any setup cc at all you can't dodge boros bolai

@edit: turns out i just had a really bad team those games, played with some decent people, ended up winning, would ahve gone kd positive if shinobi easn't so bursty when combo'd with timesplitter

Edited by Johannes

Not to mention the fact that it can hit as hard as a cyprus ulti, without the channel, and with greater range, if thats considered balanced, everyone should just go back to roa where the worst imbalance is good sorob carrying super hard pyro being really strong

The reason i won't win those games as boros is because i suck at playing him, i personally don't have the right mindset to play any of the junglers, but still his bola hittting harder then cyprus ulti? That desperately needs a nerf, he can do it every ten seconds, and with any setup cc at all you can't dodge boros bola

So you're saying team work is overpowered? You do realize the same is true for alot of skills? Many skills work together with setup CC to land a powerful skill. That's kind of the point of MOBA. It's why people like things like Cow + Jackson, Raynor + Rancor, Micro + Rory/Nova, and me personally, Unix + Maar.

Also if a Boros bola is doing more damage than a Cyprus ult, then there is something EXTREMELY wrong about your Cyprus.

Furthermore, you just admitted that playing Boros takes some degree of skill since you yourself apparently "suck" at him, so you cannot count out player skill out of the equation.

OH YEA DODGE BOLA BALANCES HERO

RIGHT

DODGE PSIONIC Q W R NO NEED FOR THE NERF

DODGE IMMORTALS ULT AND Q

GREAT LOGIC LOL

Yes, it IS great logic. So many scrubs think Immortal is overpowered because they do not know how to deal with him. You either let yourself get Q poked to death, or run into his R. I have to admit it is quite difficult for casters to deal with Immortal, which is why I think his shields need a nerf, but for carries, all you have to do is wait for Immortal to use his Q, then just Auto-Attack him to death. Easy. He can't do anything, except maybe throw up a shield which should melt rather quickly, and as for R, just don't stand in the wall, or interrupt the channel with Stun Knife or something.

Psionic's combo is spread out over a long period of time. If he hasn't mauled someone by the time he is done, he is out of orbs and completely useless because retrieving the orbs essentially means diving into the enemy. Furthermore, if you force Psionic to disperse his orbs rather far from each other, his ult becomes much less effective.

You suck at both discussions and at balancing Skittles. You just assert your opinion, say that it is correct, without any sort of explanation to back up your opinion.

Say its correct?

you just open your mouth and do long ass posts that most people never finish reading

Sad seeing people actually insert their opinion when devs only ignore it

Reip

So then....

1. You admit that you indeed cannot support any of your claims

2. You admit that you are fine being completely ignorant because you are too lazy to think, discuss, and use your head

3. Reip? Either learn to spell or transmit your thoughts properly.

#rekt

Who are you talking too, and for how bola deals more then cyp utlis its basic math 250 x 5 plus 50% x 5 = 1250 plus 250% correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that is damage similar to lvl 3 cyp ulti with all 10 pillars out

He's talking to the one he quoted. And yes you are wrong. A maxed INT boros does ~1500 damage to a test obelisk with the full pull range. A Cyprus ult with an E and Q to get pillars does ~3500. Yes I just tested it in game. Cyprus' full combo actually does 5000 damage to a test obelisk.

@Skittles. You annoy a lot of people because you want to, so there's your reason. Purposefully a pest.

Edited by AtomiK

Who are you talking too, and for how bola deals more then cyp utlis its basic math 250 x 5 plus 50% x 5 = 1250 plus 250% correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that is damage similar to lvl 3 cyp ulti with all 10 pillars out

Do the math for Cyprus for me, I'm too lazy to look him up...

Also, if it is INT Boros we are talking about...then it is a completely different story. INT Boros is a completely viable build (mostly used by those who are very skillful with Bolas though) that can easily match the damage of a Burst Caster (and is meant to do so).

As for a DPS Boros, of course he does not have the scaling nor uniques to match the damage of a Burst Cyprus.

I actually did spell that wrong on purpose but ok

Why so mad bro ??

Boros is easily the most stupid hero

along with darpa

and most heroes in this game

PS: just because you say its balance does not mean you will get admin

Actually you might since the devs like that blazin 2.0

So then....

1. You resort to insults and name calling because you cannot refute my statements

2. You once again make groundless statements like "Boros is easily the most stupid hero" without any sort of event ATTEMPT at supporting your pathetic statement

3. I ain't your bro.

#rekt

Do the math for Cyprus for me, I'm too lazy to look him up...

Also, if it is INT Boros we are talking about...then it is a completely different story. INT Boros is a completely viable build (mostly used by those who are very skillful with Bolas though) that can easily match the damage of a Burst Caster (and is meant to do so).

As for a DPS Boros, of course he does not have the scaling nor uniques to match the damage of a Burst Cyprus.

A maxed INT boros does ~1500 damage to a test obelisk with the full pull range. A Cyprus ult with an E and Q to get pillars does ~3500. Yes I just tested it in game. Cyprus' full combo actually does 5000 damage to a test obelisk.

He's talking to the one he quoted. And yes you are wrong. A maxed INT boros does ~1500 damage to a test obelisk with the full pull range. A Cyprus ult with an E and Q to get pillars does ~3500. Yes I just tested it in game. Cyprus' full combo actually does 5000 damage to a test obelisk.

@Skittles. You annoy a lot of people because you want to, so there's your reason. Purposefully a pest.

I'm fairly certain thats not true given that i've been oneshot by a bola from a standard boros with around 1300 hp and 40% spell resist

It may be because he also gets a free auto in, but either way there is no reason an aa hero needs a reliable pull, the only pulls should be on supports and actually be hard to land, not a piece of cake, don't even get me started on how op his q is

I'm fairly certain thats not true given that i've been oneshot by a bola from a standard boros with around 1300 hp and 40% spell resist

It may be because he also gets a free auto in, but either way there is no reason an aa hero needs a reliable pull, the only pulls should be on supports and actually be hard to land, not a piece of cake, don't even get me started on how op his q is

Shows how much you know about balance....

Do you know why Boros has a pull? Because he is Melee.

All the Melee DPS oriented heroes have 1 thing in common.

They either have:

A. A form of initiation

B. A form of High Mobility

Why? Because they need to be in a superior position to fight favorably, and this is difficult to achieve.

Why? Because they are Melee, if they just randomly start auto-attacking out of position, they get focused to death and rekt. Having said that, Lord Zhyrkan is considered stupidly overpowered because his Q is stupidly strong, providing massive Movement Speed, Debuff Immunity, and on top of that, a rather low Cooldown.

For example...have you seen a silenced Boros/Boros with Spellstorm and Omnislash on Cooldown? One of the easiest kills in the game, provided you are on equal footing.

Another thing...if Bolas are a piece of cake to land, then you should be able to land it too and replicate the stomping you always seem to receive from Boros right? So then there are no problems.

The thing is when i play boros, i land around 75% of my nolas and i hardly ever play him, by compariaon, nmaybe one in five of my drake lances actually ends up pulling because of how derpy it is although with the bouncing fixed the number should be much higher if i ever felt like playing such a team reliant hero in pubs ever again. As to why i suck at boros is because i always seem to end up against good teams when i pick boros and they end up so far ahead that i can't kill them unless i get lucky with omni

Edit: more specifically addressing what you said about melee dps, yes they need initation, but it shouldn't be the best and most risk free in the entire game, even tass swap is riskier since it disables you for the channel although usually you use the clone to swap. And son't even get me started on lz, more dps then a decently farmed shadow, more hp then a fed drake, in the time it took him to kill me playing as ling while he was tanking t3 tower, he took around 400 damage, and had over 5k hp, i had around 1500 and didn't even get a second spell off due to lag and his silly dps

Edited by Johannes