Barbed Plating

taznkid

Zomg such a bad mechanic, why should I be punished for all of the amazing damage I do to the enemy scrub? Why would I ever buy sustain or spell armor or not just A click and win?

But in all seriousness, I don't see it nor have I used it much. I can imagine that it does a great amount of damage to crits as Whale said though. Sadly it seems that spell armor isnt that hard to come by for AAs between sliptide, Galactic, contamination shard, and team aura items.

Zomg such a bad mechanic, why should I be punished for all of the amazing damage I do to the enemy scrub? Why would I ever buy sustain or spell armor or not just A click and win?

But in all seriousness, I don't see it nor have I used it much. I can imagine that it does a great amount of damage to crits as Whale said though. Sadly it seems that spell armor isnt that hard to come by for AAs between sliptide, Galactic, contamination shard, and team aura items.

this is what I have a problem with. Auto-Attack carries have as much resist possibilities as tanks between agility scaling for Physical Armor, and the beforementioned items for Spell Armor. I find that a bit disturbing.

I kind of agree there are a few too many actives.. I was getting close to 5 on grunty.....

Can you explain to me why it would work against crits? Are crits not true damage anymore?

No, they're now physical, so you can leech from them.

this is what I have a problem with. Auto-Attack carries have as much resist possibilities as tanks between agility scaling for Physical Armor, and the beforementioned items for Spell Armor. I find that a bit disturbing.

Exactly my thoughts. Galactic gives 800 effective health, good spell resist, and the second highest weapon damage in the game, along with a strong unique passive for timescale. It's soooo stupid.

Because i intended to make it an active as opposed to just a passive reflect, which is far better from gameplay, design, and balance perspectives. But I forgot.

we already have too many actives & it just adds the extra difficulty of being easily countered by taser

if you really have to go down that route of making it active atleast buff it

the thing with barbed is it does not give anything else...just armor and the unique....its a very specific item in itself so I don´t mind the unique being passive...however if an active is added it should be way better than the actual unique IMHO

I enjoyed our discussions of making it upgradeable and a part of shadowmourne somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

i feel armor is weak now. barbed is just bad . that 30% spell damage reflect is useless against any AA hero with leech.

and now that i think some items dont proc on the spell damage reflect like rune and spell leech i think.

also pls bring back the leeching animation coz its kinda hard to tell if the item build is working or not.

we already have too many actives & it just adds the extra difficulty of being easily countered by taser

if you really have to go down that route of making it active atleast buff it

They do plan on buffing it, If they go the roa route(which i think is what there are planning on) i think its like 100-150% reflect for 3 seconds. Also most of the tank items in this game are not actives so i dont think adding one will be a big deal

With pyre being physical now, a tank can just stand still where he is and let himself be attacked, and if he has leech-reducing effects on the aa hero attacking him, he will most likely win, without needing to return fire. And most tanks output stupid amounts of damage, even with no more than one or two dps items (hi dere balrog, lz, mk, cain, bio, erekul, drake, justicar........)