Egon too op

Darkr

I'm not sure if making the damage true would be fair. Should we make all DoT damage true? Why should heroes like Stukov and Khyrak for example get nitro and rune passes with their poison and bleed and Egon does not?

I really think a cool down increase should suffice. The synergy between DoT and items is really great element of the game tbh and a nice breather for casters.

Edited by Jessika

greelus q was spell then changed into true because above.

Stukov poison is spell yes. But i believe it was coded to not sync with nitro. If it is its bugged. This was a complaint mumblers had. And it was supposed to be fixed.

I just check and poison and burn are not effected by nitro and rune. Nitro / rune only procs for the 2 seconds then stops on both q and w.

People complain egon deals to much damage while being able to sustain his team extremely well. Best way to fix this is to make the Q not scale with acient rune and grave edge by making it true or making it like stukov where after the first 2 seconds it doesn't linger.. While keep his healing the same. Egon will still do a decent bit of damage but he wont be a super carry any more while keeping every one alive.

Dots with nitro and acient rune are pretty op. Im just thankful no one builds toxi int often. Because that is some pretty broken crap.

Tank toxi with fortify with acient rune nitro. Its extremly scary. And forget paralax seeing that your aa reapplies the buffs your q applies a 14 second aoe dot. and the ult is another 8 seconds of strong damage 50 + 10% per stack stacking up to 6 times over 8 seconds.

If hit by all stacks per second for 8 seconds

50 @ 10% / 100 @ 20% / 150 @ 30% / 200 @ 40% / 250 @ 50% / 300 @ 60% / 300 @ 60% / 300 @ 60%

For a total of 1650 fat damage + 330% int scaling

Getting people to stay in ur ult is cake because of the massive aoe slow.

He is pretty squishy if you catch him alone but with a half decent egon player it's tough to find him in that position to begin with. His greatest asset is teamfights and laning where the carry can dive, build super greedy/squishy and if you don't burst him right away egon will just bring him right back to full health/energy. Then egon can work on silencing whoever dared touch his carry and build his q stacks. The issue is the insane amount of sustain and damage he provides. He's also pretty good at ganking mid game cause now it's actually scary seeing a level 8/9 egon stroll out of a bush with levels in qw and an intel item to boot.

But I won't hold my breath for a change anytime soon. Unfortunately the devs find the most random things to change in the game and make that their number one priority, or don't adress things until months after. See: Hero sizes, ghost, shadow just to name a few. I'd be super happy if I'm wrong since then the game would be more enjoyable.

@Quid

Why not just make a limit on the number of Nitro or Rune can refresh? An internal cool down even. Better than depriving INT heroes of one of the few decent INT items they have. While I know that Greelus' Q was really strong with Nitro, I didn't like the true damage approach (but understand why it was necessary). Many AA heroes proc item effects that make them significantly stronger but most of which have not been nerfed yet.

Egon's Q is meant to be a stackable spell that works with the ultimate (that increases the number of stacks permitted), by changing the cool down to 12+ seconds wouldn't that take away from this aspect of his game? Adding charges or buffing the heal/damage scaling may be necessary to compensate I think.

Edited by Jessika

Edge should affect egon... I mean, I could maybe understand nitro and rune, but he should be able to build his spell damage...

I think it's the healing really. The damage isn't as much of an issue at all- the healing should be reduced somewhat (not int scaling, just base) so you don't have infinite hp early on. (He has healing field as well anyhow).

Comparing Egon and geneva should shed some light on the situation. Egon's lvl 4 Q will heal an ally for 480 + 30% int, with a natural cooldown of 6 seconds. Geneva's Q will heal for 490 + 80% int over 4 seconds with a channel, and its got a cooldown of 30 seconds. The rate egon heals allies is roughly 5 times faster than geneva, and his moves can be used offensively to boot. Might want to take a look at those numbers when re-balancing him.

why not make reduce his healing power down to 50% when you are damage by a hero, this will allow you not become op and go 1v1

his w and e are fine

but his ulti shouldnt have the debuff immmune it shouldnt be on a int hero, its best on a carry obviously(unless you play him like one)

Edited by donttouchmypill

greelus q was spell then changed into true because above.

Stukov poison is spell yes. But i believe it was coded to not sync with nitro. If it is its bugged. This was a complaint mumblers had. And it was supposed to be fixed.

I just check and poison and burn are not effected by nitro and rune. Nitro / rune only procs for the 2 seconds then stops on both q and w.

People complain egon deals to much damage while being able to sustain his team extremely well. Best way to fix this is to make the Q not scale with acient rune and grave edge by making it true or making it like stukov where after the first 2 seconds it doesn't linger.. While keep his healing the same. Egon will still do a decent bit of damage but he wont be a super carry any more while keeping every one alive.

Dots with nitro and acient rune are pretty op. Im just thankful no one builds toxi int often. Because that is some pretty broken crap.

Tank toxi with fortify with acient rune nitro. Its extremly scary. And forget paralax seeing that your aa reapplies the buffs your q applies a 14 second aoe dot. and the ult is another 8 seconds of strong damage 50 + 10% per stack stacking up to 6 times over 8 seconds.

If hit by all stacks per second for 8 seconds

50 @ 10% / 100 @ 20% / 150 @ 30% / 200 @ 40% / 250 @ 50% / 300 @ 60% / 300 @ 60% / 300 @ 60%

For a total of 1650 fat damage + 330% int scaling

Getting people to stay in ur ult is cake because of the massive aoe slow.

Stukov still procs nitro

Egon is just OP lol, dont know what the discussion is about :D . Those heals just make me laugh. No point poking at all, even if you manage to initialize, those heals negate everything besides HUGE dmg burst... And he has nice dmg and silence as well so...

change egons Q from its ridiculous heal to gives X health per second & X spell and armour resistance for 5 seconds

stops ridiculous healing, but still gives that hero time to escape battle

and for goodness sakes buff his Q dmg back up by lengthening the time the dot lasts for, it doesnt need to deal significant instant dmg its a poke style spell