Micro

TheREALZeratul

I think the only problem is his blink, he gets invulnerability through it, his other skills like the stun and toss are 10x more easy to hit. And I'd like to think it's because of him that warp shard got nerfed so hard when the items got reworked.

Well, the blink is unique, that's got to stay, that can't be nerfed. He needs that to get close, anyways. But everything else...

I think the only problem is his blink, he gets invulnerability through it, his other skills like the stun and toss are 10x more easy to hit. And I'd like to think it's because of him that warp shard got nerfed so hard when the items got reworked.

If by invulnerablility during blinking, yes after however it's a physical resistance temporarily. But any blink, the toon is impervious during their blink.

Funny how the flavor of the month of balance talk a month ago was the mobility of carries and how it's detrimental to the game and yet a str is more mobile than most of them. The reason his toss slow and stun seem strong is because of how easy it is for him to get those off with the initiation his blink provides. Other guys in his class, like jackson for example, have to rush warp or get impact in order to get the same usefulness as a micro, or simply rush headlong and try to get skills off. Give jackson micros blink and see how strong it would be. It also seems odd that his second/third skill is on mush better than darpa's ultimate and has lower cd than a warp shard, a 4k item.

One thing that could be changed about micro is adding a channeling delay to his blink. no more than 0.35-0.5 seconds. This will slow down his initiation and if you're fast enough you can interrupt his blink initiation/escape.

As for his stun, there are many times that its damage struck me as excessive, especially because it is random, requiring no skill to inflict.

Edited by Jessika

One thing that could be changed about micro is adding a channeling delay to his blink. no more than 0.35-0.5 seconds. This will slow down his initiation and if you're fast enough you can interrupt his blink initiation/escape.

As for his stun, there are many times that its damage struck me as excessive, especially because it is random, requiring no skill to inflict.

You want to nerf blink harder? Do you remember what it was in Sotis? You still can dodge his blink. I miss energy blink=/

I don't want to nerf Blink but if there was one thing that can truly nerf Micro it could be something like this, a mechanical change of some sort. Reducing his damage output etc. won't affect him much because the synergy between his skills is what makes him so damn good at what he does. Micro truly dominates in pubs without the item restrictions of ih, and that's not because of the items, rather because of the inherent flaw of his perfectly item-independent initiator skillset.

Edited by Jessika

Well, amp damage would have to be defined. Micro's current slime damage is pretty hefty and you would have to rely on having the team there to make the amplified damage effective. That and the damage amp can be low and it would only last 3-4 seconds (duration of the slow).

Edited by Hanedog

He's literally a better version of Tiny, with craggy exterior being offensive, toss, avalanche, growth all there and a built in better version of blink dagger. Needs no farm really thanks to his str gain, free escape, has a stun slow and toss which is more utility than any other hero. I'm actually surprised that dehaka is auto ih and micro isnt

@Atom

Read MrGrim's post, that's basically what I mean when I said that his initiation is item independent. Slow, high damage, blink, toss, resistance and strong STR gain. Introduce items to his kit and Micro becomes a monster, an autobanned monster even.

Haven't played Micro in a while but if I'm not mistaken, his Q base damage and scaling is more than current Cyprus' Q>W combo and Cyprus doesn't slow AND Cyp is a burst caster.

Edited by Jessika

Increasing CD won't make it less OP, it will only reduce the frequency of its use and isn't really balance. I think something more drastic and complete is in order, like removing the damage from Q or the stun from heroic or the resistance from E or adding a channel delay to E for example.

Edited by Jessika

Removing the damage of Q would be my first suggestion but I have to disagree that increasing the CD won't affect his OP-ness. If a hero is unable to use an ability as often, it decreases their overall dmg output and in-battle utility. He therefor would not be able to slow or throw enemies back to his own team as often. I agree that he is too easy and his synergy is overpowering but I disagree that if you make his abilities take 50% more time, that it won't help the problem. They synergize very well but that isn't always a problem, I think it is the frequency with which he is capable of using that synergy that is one of the biggest issues.

Although the old mandrake with stun-line and pull was a similar issue in that his two abilities worked too well together and thus we lost one of them. I guess time will tell...

Reducing CD is easily counteracted by CDR items but I understand your point.

I just checked, both Q and W do 280 base damage plus 70% scaling each, W does 20% bonus damage to tossed unit - 1 Q does more base damage than what Cyprus does by comboing TWO SPELLS (120+120 base from Q>W), hell that's a lot of damage for most casters and it's absurd that Micro, a tank can inflict this much damage easy.

Where is the nerf hammer?!

I have LONG insisted Micro does too much damage!

This is a result of The passive stun. He should not have bonus damage or stun.

Almost everyone knows, A Micro can almost kill a 2/3rds life hero at the beginning if he hits his toss/slime and stuns someone.

Brine although annoying really can't kill people alone.

Micro is a Tanky Initiator. But he is really a BETTER tank than Brine, BETTER initiator than Brine, Does more Damage than Brine.

And most people would agree Brine is a pretty strong early game hero. Well Micro is better.

I Ban Micro almost every in-house.

Drake is not even thought in comparison.

Edited by Sphynx