Underpowered Heroes

taznkid

I would like to discuss some heroes that are rarely played in IH (at least in my opinion), or are rarely chosen, or rarely do well, and then discuss some possible changes to remedy them.

Do realize that this is all based on personal experience and opinion, so if something seems wrong, feel free to point it out. Also feel free to point out any other heroes that you believe should be included, but are not.

1. Tychus. Findley

Problem: Weak early game, Explosive Round (q) falls off quickly, will quickly fall behind if built wrong in the slightest or not enough farm.

Possible Solution: Increase base weapon damage, or increase scaling on either W or Q.

2. Omega. Starscream

Problem: Isn't really a caster, isn't really a tank....does not really fulfill either role too well. Seems like a very watered down version of Mandrake. Requires too many items to be effective once early game ends.

Possible Solution: Give W a debuff ability or change scaling on Tac Missiles (or increase range/radius slightly), or change it so it is channeled sort of like Mandrake's Martyr or Terminus' ultimate.

3. Doctor.Geneva

Problem: Does not do well unless team composition is EXTREMELY well built to compliment her skill set (I mean I know heroes are situational, but I believe Geneva is TOO situational).

Possible Solution: Decrease mana cost and cooldown on Surgical Strike (q), decrease cooldown on passive shields. Or maybe some sort of core support hero type item that can actually encourage a hero so focused on support.

4. Feral. Terminus

Problem: A agility hero that must be played as a strength/intelligence hybrid (in In-House at least). 'Nuff said.

Possible Solution: Buff his ultimate in some fashion. Or just modify it completely.

Those are all I can think of right now. Let the discussions (and inevitable flaming) begin!

Edited by taznkid

greelus.humankind and penthos are quite strong (its just that na and eu both doesnt have a lot of players that can play those on a high lvl). But try to play vs MSC. I've played several inhouses vs a good greelus, and I know at least 3 russian players that play inhouses with it very well. Sloer from [ussr] is always saying, that the hero is very op.

Edited by mynhauzen

I would like to discuss some heroes that are rarely played in IH (at least in my opinion), or are rarely chosen, or rarely do well, and then discuss some possible changes to remedy them.

This is something else then underpowered heroes...

As for 2 starscream is retardedly strong. W gives a insane amount of resist at lvl 4 even more then fortify active. Let that sink this hero has a normal skill that is stronger and with a shorter cd then defense ultimate talent. To be effective vs squishies he needs rod and edge, then he can qwr in a teamfight and get a kill. Doesn't even have to aim since ulti targets lowest hp opponent.

4 i just think she isn't populair so she never is picked. The sole reason is she is a 90% support based hero with only e to accidentally get a kill(unless building caster instead of support which is just stupid and makes her seem weak). Which doesn't appeal to many players.

I agree with 1 and 5 ;)

I also like to see some rework on jackson, poor old guy, he got a tini tiny buff on ulti channel time but its not enough. His q just is so useless either it explodes (lvl 1) for shap dmg or the beam finishes the target before it can explode (lvl 2 and higher on creep)

+1 To zeeeeend.

About Geneva as my favorite hero i think its fine for pub and can deal good amount of damage healing allies in that time. For ih - it still can't help in teamfights so she is useless mid/lategame when her R is at CD. Si its like hero who just need to carry support items without any active help for team.

Geneva's Q - maybe add some max health % for healing. Geneva heals 200 hp instantly and 10% health over 4 seconds. Currently Drake's/SS/Micro's regen is better than geneva's Q

Edited by atomheartman

lurker needs some type of buff although if played correctly he can be extremely strong in the dps department. He really requires you to pick your spot to engage. People think he should b played as int... that's just not the case. The two ways to build him are 6-0-0 if your feeling crazy... should really not look to engage until you've farmed quite a bit, or 2-4-0... your tankiness will surprise and will allow you to stay in lane for a while staying ahead in levels and creep.

People rip his E, but i think it's very useful. I think his timescale should get a slight boost in duration and maybe a slight increase in how often his Ult hits (w/o the need for timescale) int scaling should remain the same on his Ult.

Greelus is awesome btw, love playing him.

SS and Medic are really strong.

I think the only heroes that are truly underpowered in this game are Lurker and Immortal and tweaking their numbers won't do much, they need some element of reinvention to become viable again. This is not to say that there are no heroes deserving of a buff.

In what comp does geneva not do well in? Carry faces tough lane, put her in and he gets adequate farm. Suicidal initiation like jackson vergil etc can now live for the rest of the team fight and still contribute with auras even if their ultis cd. A str bruiser becomes a monster much sooner plus her flare is a pretty good followup after the first initiation.

Immortal has to be the most uninspiring hero in the pool, q to clear waves, recharge and repeat, no interesting mechanics. I don't see what the fun is in playing him even if hes unkillable late.

In what comp does geneva not do well in? Carry faces tough lane, put her in and he gets adequate farm. Suicidal initiation like jackson vergil etc can now live for the rest of the team fight and still contribute with auras even if their ultis cd. A str bruiser becomes a monster much sooner plus her flare is a pretty good followup after the first initiation.

Immortal has to be the most uninspiring hero in the pool, q to clear waves, recharge and repeat, no interesting mechanics. I don't see what the fun is in playing him even if hes unkillable late.

Geneva does badly if:

1. Composition is too squishy against several burst casters

2. If there is a lack of sustained damage output for whom Geneva can provide support

3. There is too much cc

4. Going up against Taser sucks, because Geneva (at least the way I play her) has sub-par farming ability unless you build her basically as a full caster, so being forced to get Parallax can slow you down

In my personal opinion Geneva does best when put together with a strength and agility carry/burst, with Surgical Strike mainly supporting the Strength Carry and prioritizing the ultimate for the squishy agility carry.

The issue that I kind of have with Geneva is that when you pick her, you must absolutely be sure that the support that you are getting is at least equal to the lack of damage she will have early and mid game, which I believe is a issue because the lack of items that encourage a full-support mindset.

EDIT: Removed Penthos and Greelus from my list, since Penthos seems to be a preference issue, and Greelus seems to be doing well after the buff.

Now my question is...what sort of role does Starscream fill in a team? I would like to know since I have practiced Starscream extensively and would like to have him as an option in IH, but I don't know what sort of role he would fulfill. Please try to be detailed, i.e. he counters etc. etc., is countered by etc. etc., does this well etc. etc.....you know :)

greelus.humankind and penthos are quite strong (its just that na and eu both doesnt have a lot of players that can play those on a high lvl). But try to play vs MSC. I've played several inhouses vs a good greelus, and I know at least 3 russian players that play inhouses with it very well. Sloer from [ussr] is always saying, that the hero is very op.

Actually now that I think about it, I HAVE played against MSC before, and he is indeed quite the Penthos. I just don't understand why people don't pick a hero that has initiation, slow, sustained damage, tankiness, and constant heal. He seems so good yet no one picks him, especially since he is quite easy to play in my opinion. Edited by taznkid

Lurker needs a complete redesign, geneva needs nothing, tychus needs a redesign to one skill so that he can reliably build up stacks on enemies. Personally, I vote change w (very generic skill, only useful on support tychus, which makes no sense since all his skills' utility depend on his stacks, which is basically attack speed scaling). Starscream is a silly concept, but not a weak one... honestly I'm ok with him remaining unchanged and unpicked. He makes for a fun game trolling once in a blue moon and doesn't bother anyone on a regular basis.

I cant say Balrog is weak persay, but I do believe overall he is a weak hero and he as a whole should be looked at into some slight buffing. He is rarely used, and isn't boring IMO, just overall weak and doesn't provide nearly as much as other choices for what he can provide.

Immortal is like Tychus, shap early game but impossible to bring down late game.

And as one of the few people who play medic, I would love to see her buffed :D (not that she needs it)

Heh, i would be happy to play with you to exchange some good tactics and play style with Geneva. Pub is fun with geneva but need more practice in ih. Sadly people think that if someone picks Geneva in IH its 4vs5 situation but it is not true.

Lost treasure and goggles, get either khoral or buffer (or both if your the only tank), chilling or taser depending on whats the bigger need. If you didn't need to get khoral, maybe pick up an eternal drive. Get an ihan at some point. Parra/nitro/organic/dst are all situational.

My final build for medic is something like buffer/chilling/taser (or sword breaker)/eternal drive/nitro/organic. Is that build set in stone? Of course not, the good thing about medic is that she is very item independent, so she can build depending on the situation.

As for what you do in game, well try to keep your dps alive ;P.

One thing that I like to do though is hold on to a lot of mana pots, because she has mana issues all game long, and make sure to pick up some wards whenever you shop.

Edited by Destroyer

Korhal or Buffer - i please someone another to carry korhal so i can buy buffer and eternity so our team can have all available team buffs. I really love dial coz it helps a lot but i know its not recommended item in ih. but double dial for brine etc…)

i just love Geneva with tons of utility: shield with e and buffer, heal with q and eternal, immortality with r, little zoning with w and save ally with dial or help ally to initiate with it.

Edited by atomheartman

Korhal or Buffer - i please someone another to carry korhal so i can buy buffer and eternity so our team can have all available team buffs. I really love dial coz it helps a lot but i know its not recommended item in ih. but double dial for brine etc…)

i just love Geneva with tons of utility: shield with e and buffer, heal with q and eternal, immortality with r, little zoning with w and save ally with dial or help ally to initiate with it.

Why is dial not recommended in inhouse? It is a very strong item on squishies and initiators.