Machete

Culling Saber

Lethal barb

Contam

Shadowmourne

Khali

Pyre

Galactic

~ Archbound [unsure if this is a good replacement for Barb as normally the game is over far before this stage].

Still not worked out best Darpa one yet. So will take some time before I work one out.

Edited by Skydie

Maybe its the skill build? Ive seen greedy skill builds where they try to max stats and w without getting ulti until much later and only a point or 2 in his q. Stats make him less squishier and youll have max w by the time you buy lethal. W + lethal + culling is all you need to have perma 100% ws or close to it.

Edited by MrGrim

... hunter , machetter , culling saber , lethal barb , axe , agi pot.. what could be wrong?

uhmm I guess I will stick to , Pyre , contam.........

I havent actually read Nova's ability description for a long time now, so I could be off BUUUUUT, iirc when she has an orb up, its 100% chance to crit.

So, you're guaranteed to proc your lethal barb every 6 seconds, when an orb is generated. With Lethal Barb proced, you should hit 3 times before lethal's unique stops. In those three hits, you've almost for sure critted again, especially with culling saber and axe. If you didnt, you're having an extremely bad roll of the random number generator.

I dont play nova much anymore, but once I got lethal barb and culling I pretty much always had 100% attack speed proced, I have a hard time believing you arent.

Hunter

Machete

Culling Saber "crit gold per 10 item"

Lethal

serrated cleaver? "one of the crit components of arc bound"

Contam Shard

Arcbound "Culling Saber and the serrated cleaver are components of this"

This above is pretty standard. From here build reactive. I.E Galactic, Darwins, Paralax, Shadowmourn, Shin Style, Force, Explosive, Timesplitter, etc......

I personally like a lot of move speed. So on almost every dps i play i always end up with

Arc Bound, Phantom. Shinstlye as a rule to give me 5.5 + move speed but this is in games when im ahead and can do what i want.

Just watch replays of the most efficient players around (and that means those who win, not those with insanely high kds who lose games still), try to figure out why they build each item in the situation they are put in and analyze why they go for different items in other situations.

Is one specifice hero snowballing in the enemy team ? Get items to do single target burst/single target lockdown.

Am I able to dish out damage or use my abilities every teamfight ? Yes, get more damage, no get hp/resist or a positionning item.

Is the enemy team made of burst damage and do we win if we survive the initial burst ? Get hp.

Is the enemy team winning long drawn out team fights ? Try to make the fights shorter with more cc/burst or escape items after you delivered your burst.

I remember a year ago after a long break I decided to go carapace first on darpa in an inhouse game and got flamed for it at first by my team, then vergil and dustin couldnt kill me in their burst and as soon as I got my first damage item I could come back right after their ults and wreck havoc. Don't be afraid to differ from standard item builds but you need a reason for it, they are standard because they work in most situations.