Why are AA players valued so highly?

TexasRaider

I'm not looking to change things. I just want to understand. As one of the best support players this game has to offer, and a person that plays pretty much every hero, I want to understand why I am consistently picked under people who only play AAs. I can go pub and 1 out of every 3 pubs would have a player that is just as good at AA as a highly valued IH player. If you go into a pub looking for a good support player, you find 1 maybe once every 10 games, and they still wouldn't come close to the standards that I hold for myself.

After playing AA for a week in IH's of various skills, I can say with confidence that AA heroes are the easiest and the most boring thing to play. Every IH I was in, I had the highest value, damage output, and kills on my team. Does this mean that i'm good? Yes. But almost any IH player can do what I did. I would like to see an AA player do as well as I do on Drake, Unix, or Null.

Like I said, I don't want things to change. Its just fascinated me that people who I dont play with very often fought each other and picked what they wanted to play AFTER trying to give me the best AA available. I didn't ask for an AA, but my name is known as a good player, so they assume that means I play AA.

I dont want to come off as conceited, (lets face it I am coming off as conceited, but I dont really know how else to ask this stuff) there are a few, not many, but a few players that are legitimately better than me. I just want to understand the value of these fools that cant play a good caster or tank for their life.

Edited by TexasRaider

In all truth, finding players that are amazing with AA heroes: Nova / Darpa / Grunty / Leo / Ling / Zera / Boros is a lot more rare than you would think.

Yes in EVERY in-house game a player will get at least 1.5:1 2:1 kills on the aa carry's. But the Amazing player will go 5:1 to 10:1 . Those are the players that win you the in-house.

OR are they??

This is a team game. Pub games are filled with players that like kills, so they ALL play AA's. Well in Pubs, they are usually vs "Poor Tanks" or NO tanks. And really bad Supports. They feed of noobs and other squishy pubs. Someone always looks good.

Put those pubs in an in-house. And all of a sudden their "Awesome" Nova… looks pedestrian.

In pubs… I am a 1/3 games godlike Leo.

In inhouse, I would sink my team with Leo, Maybe.

I am always impressed by anyone who can do carry's amazingly well.

But I am more impressed by INT support heroes that never die. Because trying to learn Nully / Raynor / Jakk / Dustin.

Its really hard to play these heroes really nicely without Dying. Much more difficult than playing Tanks or AA IMO.

I rate good players by LACK of Deaths, NOT on Kills.

It should be noted, that great Tanks / Support heroes, have trouble getting kills/assists on their own without some AA support. Thus the need for the DPS carry.

I often find that the player responsible for a team win can be Nully / Rory / Raynor, Even when the "grunty or nova" gets most of the kills. So its mostly opinion I think.

Some of the EU groups who first pick LZ/Unix/Garamond seem to understand this more than most NA in houses which first pick Nova/Darpa

Edited by Sphynx

You mean Illyusha? (Pikachu)

Alot of T1 Russian picks are excellent carries but mediocre supports (not seen them playing with the neutral change but I can only expect they took a big hit).

@Texas

Your referring to NA right? Players I know who chiefly play carries in EU have always been picked higher. People like SouthAfrican were good players no doubt and his skills on most carries at one point in time exceeded many peoples, however he lacked depth in other roles.

I mean I would say this is an issue, but then again in pro LoL/Dota teams they have dedicated players for roles. If African/Pika/Deltaforce suck at support, does it actually matter too much as long as they're given what they excel at?

@PlayerPicks

I think a lot of player picks are subjective and have nothing to do with skill (in good lobbies). Notoriously a certain person in EU invited and picked poor players in IH over skilled ones, leading to uneven inhouses for a sustained amount of time. That is until the Mmori/Super crew stopped this shap of inviting complete newbies and invited skilled players - leading to better lobbies.

Edited by Skydie

AAs tend to carry the hardest(at least when i played) and whenever someone carries consistently then they are usually picked highly. But most of the people that used to be picked highly could usually at least play tanks or casters as well I do not remember anyone who could only play AA's being picked very highly.

I agree there should be more and better support heroes. support heroes don't have to be killers but something that can make a game difference. medic for sure is one of the best support heroes. maar is suppose to be a support hero be is to op. rory is a great support hero but is countered with 1 item making him worthless. greelus is close but vs none tanks deals to much damage. his drones are not as good as they should be for silencing(as in they are to slow to get to their target area and don't silence fast enough. and his ultimate should do less damage but reduce vision by more. egon is ok but nothing that is special. I would love to see a hero that is based around buffing allies. like a move that stovuk or how ever you spell his name has. gives hp regen and armor. a move that does movement speed + to allies, - to enemies. a wall like cow but not needed to do damage. and for an ultimate can pull an ally from to him range 8/12/16. nothing to strong to hurt enemy but can really make a game changer for the team.

Good thing you can carry equally good without having any mechanic skills compared if you developed good ones.

Them silly old days was so unfair for badies.. Having a guy in jungle having with free farm at the highest possible reward just wasn't as rewarding back then as it's been last year/s.

I think the community has been pretty clear that it's only fair that we can put a braindead in the jungle so he comes out with highest net worth while playing with 1 hand.