Another Boros' Omnislash is OP thread (but this time with feelings)

MOTHER

It's not just that Boros' R is potentially ludicrously OP, it's also the silly and thoughtless nature of its design that are motivating this thread.

Whatever high skillcap you need to reach to bola well is counteracted by the absurdity of R. The random nature of it, the inability to target him combined with SS just makes him near invincible in fights, and terrifying for all the wrong reasons. Even Zera has to actually AA you to death during his bubble and it isn't done for him with a click of a button.

All this becomes ridiculously apparent when Boros has snowballed and presses his auto-win button and just like that double, TRIPLLLE KILLSS. I could say nerf the skill, reduce the number of slashes, add a channel delay, reduce spell resistance from SS, increase the CD so that the frequency of usage is less, etc.

I could even point out that other carries and semi-carries like Nova/Darpa/Zera were recently nerfed and Boros should not be exempt.

But no, what I will say and stress is CHANGE THE SKILL! Remake it into something that takes more than pushing 1 button. Get creative, it's not that difficult to come up with an ultimate that is more suitable for his role, that is fun but also FAIR. With actual counter play instead of just "avoid him" or "bait it out of him".

For your defense, you can write paragraphs all you want about the finesse and masterful skill required to isolate your prey before R. All the instinct and intuition needed to position yourself correctly, just to hit that one button - but it is still one button. This is besides the point that many items in the pool are available to minimize and eliminate the risk to achieve said positioning and amplify its potency as well.

You can also make irrelevant assumptions about my play style and skill level, use go-to-responses "lockbox" or "Parallax" or even "L2P Ermagawd!" But it doesn't change how silly this skill is, how powerful it is, and just how inept you can be but still succeed in garnering kills with it.

Skills like Boros' R diminish this game into mediocrity, belong in games like Hero Attack and above all, reflect badly on the designers IMHO. Please consider changing it.

Edited by Jessika

Boros has always been strong, although he got alot stronger with the new items. I think phase cloak/shinobi and early crit items (lethal barb) are what make him really strong. Used to be played as an initiator/burst caster. With mid game crit items he now can be played as both an AA carry and a physical burst caster. Lethal Barb is OP on him in my opinion. It's way better on him than anyone else, even Nova. He builds kali anyway, so the axe to get your crit chance up isn't a waste like on other carries. 2650 and 100% crit (with his E) is pretty amazingly good. I don't know how you would fix these issues. If you nerf Barb, you make it near inviable on other heroes...

Boros has always been strong, although he got alot stronger with the new items. I think phase cloak/shinobi and early crit items (lethal barb) are what make him really strong. Used to be played as an initiator/burst caster. With mid game crit items he now can be played as both an AA carry and a physical burst caster. Lethal Barb is OP on him in my opinion. It's way better on him than anyone else, even Nova. He builds kali anyway, so the axe to get your crit chance up isn't a waste like on other carries. 2650 and 100% crit (with his E) is pretty amazingly good. I don't know how you would fix these issues. If you nerf Barb, you make it near inviable on other heroes...

remove barb

replace with old HoM; increased wep speed and movement on active

The only concern I have about Boros ultimate is that its random function has bad design. Instead randomize target every strike (with same chance on each) it has 50% to change target or stay on the same target. So even if u are surrounded by entire creep wave there is high probability u will get 2-3 first Omnislash hits which statistically almost shouldn't ever happened. Besides that design very often is causing the bug with ulti freeze - after killing the target when that random function 'decided' to stay on the same target which doesn't exist anymore...

Actually boros is really well designed imo, there is always a risk involved if u use his ulti near creeps ... however lethal is too good on him imo, actually on both nova and boros ... Boros is meant to be a situational burst hero/ganker and should be weaker if u play him aa ... Lethal is just too strong ... And bad designed, remove lethal and boros pace is perfect imo

lol boros is a mix out of dota's pudge and juggernaut

He got the op initiation hook from pudge but can move while using it and increase its range ( makes sense since AoS has less disablers so melees need some love)

He had juggernauts passiv crit( remember when it would also increase the crit dmg? I think it is even the same amount)

He has juggernauts "bladestorm" where he does aoe dmg and gets immune to magic for 5 seconds

He has juggernauts Omnislash ( it is even called the same way lol)

dem creativity

dem design

however he is fine, unless you talk about the way his ulti works.

all hits should go on 1 target if you meet it without other heroes or creeps around

However sometimes it stops even when there is a target and boros will just stand there, unclickable

But the more targets there are, the more he should change targets, all targets should have the same chance of getting hit.

• 2 weeks later...

The replies to this thread give me cancer. Fools that think boros is 'fine' are noobs that think they are good when they get godlike boros. To you fckers fluffy bunnies fcks (fck u Gino) furry animals (I <3 Gino) PEOPLE (Leave my post alone Gino >:( ) I say I can get godlike every pub using only my bola. (leveling up no other skills and not AAing even once) Can you land more than... say.. 5 if you're having a lucky game? Boros takes no skill. Bola is an art and is fun. Omnislash is a drain on society.

Edited by TexasRaider