why so Long?

CoolNoob

Why most (not all) pub games and some IH. Last 1 hour "some last more"

in LOL most games last 30-45 mins, way less.

My question is what is making the games last longer?

In LOL when u die the respawn time is Longer so u can't go defend so fast and games are faster to end after A team fight

So what's making the games longer ?

Its nice going 27-8, 40-2 in a pub but I think people don't wanna stay in that game for too long. And then they will just rq or bm till surreder ( this is most in pubs) "Ik there are ways to end the game faster"

But I don't think a player should be able to turtle in a game for too long (not a max of 1 hour or 1:30, one time I played a game that lasted 2 hours 34 mins.. (long story)

Well, on the one hand, people want to get "back in the game" and don't want to sit around waiting for a respawn timer that takes forever and a day. On the other hand, if the time out of the fight is too short, the enemy team doesn't have significant time to push. I think a solution may be something like a "morale boost" where your team gets a little stronger if members of the enemy team are dead. Maybe have it only apply to enemy creeps and buildings so you can't just steamroll enemy heroes, but you can mow down their creeps and buildings as you build steam.

Why most (not all) pub games and some IH. Last 1 hour "some last more"

in LOL most games last 30-45 mins, way less.

My question is what is making the games last longer?

In LOL when u die the respawn time is Longer so u can't go defend so fast and games are faster to end after A team fight

So what's making the games longer ?

Its nice going 27-8, 40-2 in a pub but I think people don't wanna stay in that game for too long. And then they will just rq or bm till surreder ( this is most in pubs) "Ik there are ways to end the game faster"

But I don't think a player should be able to turtle in a game for too long (not a max of 1 hour or 1:30, one time I played a game that lasted 2 hours 34 mins.. (long story)

1. The base size

2. Increased mineral bounty from lane creeps

3. The Base Size

Its almost impossible to turtle in league. As in AOS a team can turtle like the, Rohan at Helms Deep fighting off the 10k+ Uruk-Hai. It literaly takes like 10x the numbers and technology ahead of its time to break the base in AOS

Beta tested new ramp size last night. I think the ramps were roughly twice as large as currently. This would go a long way to bringing game times down. Most not troll IHs are pretty much decided by 20-30 mins in. It's exceedingly rare to see a close game beyond that mark. Usually just comes down to how quickly the team that's ahead can breaka T3.

Well, on the one hand, people want to get "back in the game" and don't want to sit around waiting for a respawn timer that takes forever and a day. On the other hand, if the time out of the fight is too short, the enemy team doesn't have significant time to push. I think a solution may be something like a "morale boost" where your team gets a little stronger if members of the enemy team are dead. Maybe have it only apply to enemy creeps and buildings so you can't just steamroll enemy heroes, but you can mow down their creeps and buildings as you build steam.

I like how you are trying to invent the wheel along with devs to bury the game even further, instead of just making the only sensible thing to do, which is to increase the base size to force the situation where 5v4 can push two sides while enemy team can only defend one.

In dota, you don't rly need to care about basetowers while in aos you get pwned by 6 artifact hits(2400 truedmg)

The common used turtle style is what makes this game last longer then it should I think. If you have a backdoor hero, you can defend the base with 3-4 heroes and have 1-2 go around the pushing team or take out some of them if they split up and pushed all lanes.

The shorter respawn time sure is an annoying thing when you try to crack the base but can't whipe the entire team.

The game also lacks disablers like unix/zera, if we would have more the turtling thingy that seemed to be enjoyed by many people (o_O) is a rather retarded thing that doesn't need skill and only is hard to achieve if you got outdrafted/ got no counters to their heroes or enabled them to hardcore farm (compared to you)

i mentioned a similar solution ages ago that towers should have a buff and de-buff system based upon how many ally heroes and enemy heroes are near it

i.e.

for every enemy hero at a tower it loses 11% resistance

for every allied hero at a tower it gains 9% resistance & .1% hp regen

if towers are given more starting resistance it makes back-dooring less viable and promotes team fights which most of the community agree is a more enjoyable game play

but it still makes it easy enough to take a tower if enemy loses that team fight or doesn't defend against a large threat

also on a side note towers are dealing way too little damage;

a lvl 6 penthos with no health items shouldn't be able to withstand a tower shooting him 10+ times

i cant think of any other mobas where you can just stand in front of a tower as a non tank and do as you please for 10 seconds without dying

really whats the point of a tower if it provides little to no defence?

why not just make them observers instead as that seems to be there only current use

The towers are too strong. In league, 3 level 3's can take out a tier 1 tower.

Give a buff to the hero that kills a super creep to get a 5% true damage (or +2 physical damage*lvl) effect on auto attacks for 3-5 secs to do a little more damage to a tower or the creep waves.

But give the super creep a priority attack to attack a hero when it is auto attacked making it a sacrifice for that hero that auto attacks the super creep. Spell damage from a hero should not constitute as a trigger for the super creep to change its target priority.

Since the damage that super creeps do was slighty nerfed, it might fit into the overpowered towers issue. Or just nerf the towers resistence.

Giving heroes a buff reward for killing super creeps might result in more hero vs hero combat during laning phase. This is another alternative to anarchy's solution.

Increasing the bounty on lane creeps may help a little, but getting 3 level 3 heroes to kill a tier 1 tower like in league is probably not achievable since income doesn't damage towers.

Edited by gabrielmcg

So.... reducing game time is great and all and I support it, how ever reducing game time makes the current item prices and slots too much imo.

There are games where I want to get full builds and just slug fest with the other teams, and then there are some where it can't end soon enough.

I guess the point is the current item p

prices are scaled to the relative game length, 50-70 game minutes on average, and forcing the game to completion in a shorter duration makes most top tier items out of reach for most in that lower duration.

Just something to think about.

It's an aos mentality or an aos pub mentality i guess where people don't want to fight until they're fully 6 slotted with 4k items each. In a normal game 2-3 big items should be enough depending on how the game is going to push high ground but since pushing high ground is so difficult its a better idea to wait for shadowmourne and khali and galactic.

So.... reducing game time is great and all and I support it, how ever reducing game time makes the current item prices and slots too much imo.

There are games where I want to get full builds and just slug fest with the other teams, and then there are some where it can't end soon enough.

I guess the point is the current item p

prices are scaled to the relative game length, 50-70 game minutes on average, and forcing the game to completion in a shorter duration makes most top tier items out of reach for most in that lower duration.

Just something to think about.

1. The base size

2. Increased mineral bounty from lane creeps

3. The Base Size

I would love for creep kills to give more money. It would make pubs much easier. Before ten minutes I am normally 3x the cd of the 2nd highest person in game, on average. One game I was especially surprised when I was up 30 cs as penthos laning mid vs Gino's Maar, although I guess denying and last hitting is very easy as penthos vs Maar, as long as you stay at high enough hp to kill the creeps in his aura without dying in the process.

for every allied hero at a tower it gains 9% resistance & .1% hp regen

1%hp regen what ( 25hp per seconds fair enough) 4 heroes=wait 25 seconds and the tower is fullhp again

similar but different

2.5hp per second x5 heroes = 12.5hp per second = 200 seconds (3 minutes 20 seconds)