Garamond the ultimate tower pusher

AteS

i was playing an inhouse with my clan where we had kerrigan, micro, bio, panthos, zera. they had cow, garamond, erekul, jakks, brine. who u think would win consider the hero combo. its dps (zera, kerri etc) vs casters (cow, garamond etc)

really even match, VERY even trade scores until garamond started backdoor. now im very map aware (yes i died to shadow[pre-nerf patch of course] and other cloaked heroes because im starring at the map), so whenever i spot garamond, I ping and its too late tower is down.

best example was when we r fighting at mid at their t1 tower and I see garamond just get to our t2 top tower with the creep wave there (about 5-ish hydras, 5-6 roaches and a seige unit) our tower full hp. by the time i get there, porting home and walking to the t2 top tower... it is down. Garamond's towers (you know the scv on the drill thingys) dealing the damage and garamond's scvs hitting it.

Garamond ability to push towers are too strong, not to mention his ability in team fights. He has slow, auto attacking towers, a stun (especially combined with lockbox) & scv that can mess up pathing, its OVERPOWERED.

Believe me the whole game too it was even 34-36 and they had 4 towers still up and we only had 2, all taken down by garamond.

Really his team fighting abilities... having slow & stun and the scv. Well up for debate BUT those scv garamond drill towers, too strong, weather it is hitting another hero or a building it smashes damage onto it too quick and its dead before u can get there.

please nerf those scv drill tower thats all im asking

(TaxHaven u know im right!!! :D)

Garamond is strong yes, still not op, he might need a change but no nerf .it's obvious that u guys didn't play a high lvl, bet u didn't even use mumble ...

Bio and Kerry are weak overall picks, u also picked 2 junglers ( plus bio and micro)a, u had no counter push heroes ...

Considering the combo u shouldve get melted far earlier

plus none of your heroes combine good, only Kerry and zera, but Kerry is kinda weak atm and zera useless without a good combo

Edit: plus u had like no spelldamage and I bet noone used transport, anyway at such a low lvl u usually have no warding and no map awareness anyway....

Edited by Straighter

Not op in my opinion. He's a pusher, that's what he is. Transport got nerfed heavily. When you're facing a strong pusher you need to do more than just look at the minimap. You need to keep lanes pushed out away from your nearest tower (like you should in anay game) so you can see Gara before he gets to your tower. You need to ward so you can see him going throught the jungle to split push.

I question the role that pushers play in the game. Its just not fun when you outplay another team, they just split push you to death with mk/unix/gara/queen. Just doesn't feel like good game design. Add to the fact that these heroes add so much to team engagements and bunkering, there doesn't seem to be a downside to picking these heroes super high in a draft. There should be something sacrificed if you want one of your heroes to be able to push a tower in a single wave, either in utility in a team fight or in how easy it is to kill that hero. None of the heroes are easy to kill by any means. Truthfully having to always worry about backdoor and split push just inst any fun. I honestly don't now how to fix it. Maybe by giving towers more base spell resist, or something along those lines.

I question the role that pushers play in the game. Its just not fun when you outplay another team, they just split push you to death with mk/unix/gara/queen. Just doesn't feel like good game design. Add to the fact that these heroes add so much to team engagements and bunkering, there doesn't seem to be a downside to picking these heroes super high in a draft. There should be something sacrificed if you want one of your heroes to be able to push a tower in a single wave, either in utility in a team fight or in how easy it is to kill that hero. None of the heroes are easy to kill by any means. Truthfully having to always worry about backdoor and split push just inst any fun. I honestly don't now how to fix it. Maybe by giving towers more base spell resist, or something along those lines.

Pushing comps that use two or more of those heroes can be OP. Having one in a comp is fine. Given that MK and Queen are auto'd right now, you just have to make sure that if the other team picks Gara or Unix that you ban or pick the other one. If they do get both, you need maar. Maar with transport and mass teleport can deal with either of them pretty easily and the cooldowns are such that you should always have one of the two available in a pinch.

My point is that Gara/Unix are both fine as long as you draft properly to counter them and recognize that they are a strong combo together because of their ability to split push.

Garamond may be relatively balanced in inhouses, where shadowmourne is banned, and similar pushers are either auto'd or easily banned, but in a pub (or any game where players can do anything they want) he is ridiculous. Pls balance SM and perhaps change his e to something else...... with current design, you cannot just fiddle with numbers, as it will either be worthless vs heroes and creeps or overpowered versus towers.

I sorry for playing Gara

To be fair though Garamond needs more love, maybe buff his scaling by 10% on all his skills.

So does Grunty actually, change the passive back to what it was before nerf and increase rocket base damage by 50.

1 thing you forgot to mention was I was jungling Gara meaning that it was now Carrymond rather than Garamond. Gg

Edited by Dylan

I agree with this. Gara is overpowered, but most split pushers are as well. Unix can do the same thing gara can, but in exchange for the extra damage gara has, unix can burrow, and has longer stun.

Maar op, unix op, gara op, null op. Even counter pushers are op. Kerri, summers, ect I think the problem is the towers and the waves, not the heroes.