GURNTY builds!

Zime

Traditional build for grunty item wise is machete, stun knife, pyre into shadowmourne. From then on it's reactive, force of entropy is nice so is shinobis and for more pushing explosive is good too though not necessary and darwins is good on most dps.

With his passive he's one of the better junglers and talent wise I generally go 3-1-2, might fury veteran, fitness, swiftness and youth. Initially you can solo two of the smaller camps, tank and firebat, right away before needing to heal. He generally has 3 timings, level 6 with stun knife, pre, and lastly shadowmourne. You can surprise your enemies with the amount of damage grunty dishes out though with the new shadowmourne changes I'm not sure how it affects him.

Plus there are a bunch of guides all ready on grunty, search in the guides section and there you go.

Edited by MrGrim

zime a build for grunty I was giving and works great is. always try and be the jungle with grunty if you can. with his Q you can clearn jungle fast.

*talents 2/1/3, weapon damage, attack speed, health, energy, movement, money.

*skills, Q(don't ever put more then that one point in Q ever) EEWEREYYYRWWW-R--. the reason why only 1 point in Q. to conserver energy. cost 10 more energy for something like 10 more damage aoe.

*items, start with machete and 2 energy pots. after you get a pass through the jungle you should have about 700 minerals. grab hunters hatchet, fusion blade(stunknife) and 5 energy pots. get to the jungle furthest away before they respawn. next shop get stun knife and start to build phase cloak. grab up to 5 energy pots. at this point your probably thinking why so many energy pots I'm losing money. the point is the faster you clear the jungle the faster u gain xp and the faster you have time left over to gank lanes before jungle respawn. next item get shadowmourne. the shadow procs your heroic passive true damage gives health and damage. over all very strong for grunty early game. The next item depends on who your vs. if the other team has nova finish time spliter, if they have tanks get pyre or contamination shard. if your just so feed and killng a lot finish shinobi style. shinobi will help you to run around faster.

end game build shadow mourne, time spliter, contamination shard, shinobi style. if you get pyre get Darwin might, if you get FOE or explosive retrofit get eternity. eternity cause it will cap your attack speed when not getting pyre. plus you leech off explosive retrofit.

key to grunty is try and attack stuff at point blank range this allows his heroic passive to do max damage to single target. if your at max range you wont hit them for max damage with heroic passive. practice getting in front of enemy hero and using Q to push them away from safety.

With this build I can solo 4 jungle camps at the start of the game as long as I don't run into enemy heroes.

as mrgrim said pyre is nice but remember pyre doesn't effect your Q where shadow mourne does. not does it give health to help sustain. if your laning and not jungling then pyre would be before shadow mourne

machette > stun knife (> pulse/cloak) > pyre >shadowmourne

u can sneak in pulse or cloak if u want to build foe/shinobi

and u have to be tanky or are sure u can get some kills with cloak, pyre is mandatory and shadowmourne too

Talents 3 - 1 - 2 (veteran and energy are the less obvious choice for new ppl)

zime a build for grunty I was giving and works great is. always try and be the jungle with grunty if you can. with his Q you can clearn jungle fast.

*talents 2/1/3, weapon damage, attack speed, health, energy, movement, money.

*skills, Q(don't ever put more then that one point in Q ever) EEWEREYYYRWWW-R--. the reason why only 1 point in Q. to conserver energy. cost 10 more energy for something like 10 more damage aoe.

*items, start with machete and 2 energy pots. after you get a pass through the jungle you should have about 700 minerals. grab hunters hatchet, fusion blade(stunknife) and 5 energy pots. get to the jungle furthest away before they respawn. next shop get stun knife and start to build phase cloak. grab up to 5 energy pots. at this point your probably thinking why so many energy pots I'm losing money. the point is the faster you clear the jungle the faster u gain xp and the faster you have time left over to gank lanes before jungle respawn. next item get shadowmourne. the shadow procs your heroic passive true damage gives health and damage. over all very strong for grunty early game. The next item depends on who your vs. if the other team has nova finish time spliter, if they have tanks get pyre or contamination shard. if your just so feed and killng a lot finish shinobi style. shinobi will help you to run around faster.

end game build shadow mourne, time spliter, contamination shard, shinobi style. if you get pyre get Darwin might, if you get FOE or explosive retrofit get eternity. eternity cause it will cap your attack speed when not getting pyre. plus you leech off explosive retrofit.

key to grunty is try and attack stuff at point blank range this allows his heroic passive to do max damage to single target. if your at max range you wont hit them for max damage with heroic passive. practice getting in front of enemy hero and using Q to push them away from safety.

With this build I can solo 4 jungle camps at the start of the game as long as I don't run into enemy heroes.

as mrgrim said pyre is nice but remember pyre doesn't effect your Q where shadow mourne does. not does it give health to help sustain. if your laning and not jungling then pyre would be before shadow mourne

I disagree with getting shadowmourne that fast. The parts of shadowmourne are largely useless, and it only does well once you complete the item, which is one of the most expensive in the game at 5k (might be most expensive, not sure). While you are building this 5k item you have no more atk speed besides stun knife machette, and your damage is lowered hugely. Your farm speed is lowered because of lower attack speed also. Pyre is also a great item for grunty, since pyre procs on shadowmourne and it gives so much cheap atk speed. I think getting pyre or another item before shadowmourne is better than what you suggest.

It depends, I generally go pyre first but if you choose the right target fresh from the river, stun and shadowmourne is really effective. Pyre is better first but the difference pre sm grunty and post is like a different hero. And the components aren't that useless, extra hp and dmg are quite nice. If you have free farm and can take the tower quickly shadowmourne first is justifiable.