~SLP Masters Cup~

Hogwarts

ATTENTION: I HAVE PUSHED THE DATE OF THE TOURNAMENT FORWARD 2 WEEKS. THE OFFICIAL DATE IS MARCH 22-23

I hope this hasn't caused any trouble. I apologize for the inconvenience The previous date conflicts with recent changes to my schedule.

This makes the tournament 3 weeks from now. I feel the teams have plenty of time to get organized. Mostly due to the league and majority of the teams are all ready formed. Or will be formed for

season 3 of the league

6om.png

Clan SLP is going to proudly sponsor the next AOS Cross Continental Tournament!!!!

Come join the fun in the next big AOS event!

We hope to provide organized competitive games that are fair across the regions!

Reregistration

Reregistration is now open for the SLP MASTERS CUP. Interested teams need to message me there team using the format below

Reregistration ends Tuesday March 19th

Format

Team Name:

Captain:

Member 1:

Member 2:

Member 3:

Member 4:

Member Sub (Optional)

Up to 3 subs are allowed

Schedule

To help build a strong & competitive AoS community, the SLP MASTERS CUP will be held on Saturday March 22th There are no brackets to show; every match will be randomized so you won't know which team you'll play against until the day of the event. As it stands I plan to have double elimination with a losers bracket. But this is subject to change depending on the amount of teams that register.

Schedule for March 22:

NOTE: Eastern Time Zone

12:00 PM - Introduction & Team Match-Up

12:30 PM - Games Begin

Schedule for March 23:

Semi Finals: TBA

Finals: TBA

Schedule for day 2 is subject to change depending on how many teams register. And how smoothly day 1 goes.

Prizes

1st Place

1. Cash Prize $200.00 US

2. Gold Grand Master Badge

3. In Game Colored Titles

2nd Place

1. Blue Master Badge

2. In Game Colored Titles

Unfortunately i had to make changes to the prizes

Rules

All participants must agree to these rules:

1. Be fair and bring good sportsmanship to the game.

2. Acknowledge that requests will be very limited to speed up the tourney's process.

3. Understand that any game exploit you commit implies forfeit.

4. Understand that if you are 30 minutes late to the event (held on Mumble Server), your team will be disqualified.

5. Each game is best of 3

6. Each game will start with a coin flip or rock paper scissors to determine who gets TEAM 1 slot "Protoss Side and first pick in draft". Rotate for the 2nd game. If the match goes into a 3rd game a coin flip or RPS will be done.

7. NA vs EU matches will flip or RPS for TEAM 1"Protoss Side" and server. Rotate for the 2nd game. If the match goes into a 3rd game a coin flip or RPS will be done. Winning team of the coin flip gets to choose the server but they are TEAM 2 "Zerg Side and second pick" in the lobby

8. If a player drops from the game. The game will be recovered. If the player drops and does not re log with in a reasonable amount of time. The team with the drooped player will forfeit. Or if the opposing team's captain agrees they can remake the game with a sub. This decision only belongs to the team with out a dropped player.

9. Specs will be allowed only if both captains agree. Specs are not allowed to alt tab or go afk during the game. Specs are not allowed to be in the same channel as the players. If a spec is lagging spec will leave the game. Spectators please be respectful of the players.

---

We want this event to run quickly and smoothly as possible! To prevent potential delays, There will be a ZERO Tolerance for bad manners and general trolling

Clans are not required, but we encourage you to make one. It helps us easily identify teams. Clan names should be appropriate. Names that are vulgar or inappropriate cannot participate.

We will try our best to find a Referee for every game to ensure that everyone plays by the same rules. ONLY Referees may pause/resume: When request for Pause, Referees will type in the countdown before pausing. When request for Resume, Referees will first ask if everyone is ready before starting the countdown to resume the match. 2 Pause Requests per team, 5 minutes each.

Livestreams will not be available UNLESS both teams agree to do so. We will not be held accountable for ghosting.

Game Mode: Draft Pick

Rules

1. Each team will be allowed 1 min 30 seconds per pick or ban

2. Failure to name a ban in this window will result in the ban being forfeit

3. Clear violation or abuse of draft time will result in a disqualification

Format

Team 1 "Protoss Side"

Team 2 "Zerg Side"

Team 1 Ban:

Team 2 Ban:

Team 1 Ban:

Team 2 Ban:

Team 1 Ban:

Team 2 Ban:

Team 1 Pick:

Team 2 Pick:

Team 2 Pick:

Team 1 Pick:

Team 1 Pick:

Team 2 Pick:

Team 1 Ban:

Team 2 Ban:

Team 1 Pick:

Team 2 Pick:

Team 1 Pick:

Team 2 Pick:

Auto Bans

Fixed Bans

Micro Dial

Maar t3 Port

Shadowmourn Garamond

Attacking Aoen / Levi from High Ground

Marine King

Dehaka

Shadow

Captains will be allowed to set unique autobans for any given match. As long as both captains agree on said bans

Registered Teams

lAOSl Team A

Captain: ginosaji

Smorgishborg

Prodigy

Phailer

Revison

MaX Team A

Captain: Maxwell

AgentRaphael

Maxwey

Cmekm

ArmaDrake

Pikachu

Zeratul

Team USSR

Captain: PRAGA

Conductor

mynhauzen

Sloer

Vad

AZOTwac

ЛенаГоловач

Detoxian

Team North American Fire Bats

Captain: Texasraider

BlackXion

Roonaldo

Zeta

Pinkie

Apache

Choi

Revision

Team mMoRi

Captain: Rango

PurePsycho

Muta

MutaGetsu

Francuz

Team SLP

Captain: Highdrater

Savior

David Chan

Quidditch

Speedo Guy

Marc

Team Plz fix bugs

Captain: Destroyer

Aeren

DanTheMan

Dresden

XenonBones

Team EXILE

Captain: DREX

Zeddicus

Ryuuk

NamNguyen

Wind

Henry

AreS

Sephon

Team UFAM

Captain: Taxhaven

Frostbite

Pearl

Moose

Odicks(jamesalot)

Wukewuke

Manling

Gute

Team IRATUS

Captain: Sheldor (sportsman)

Invoker

Apophis

EnraReyeg

KingMamba

TheDestroyer

Eddyhead

Team Super

Captain: soedenone

John

diipadaapa

cOrSa

SayMyName

NmECruizerS

Marche

IMBrew

Team GIJoe

Captain: Strider

FMage

Osuevo

Griffin

Blue

MrBackup

SerialNumber

Sphynx

Team Darks

Captain: Zombieee

GuZ

Spooky

Kael

illu

Anax

Zeeeend

Team HCF

Captain:Overkill

Durrrr

DuX

Knox

IronDragon

Avenger

Surgical

IGICThreFive

Team PoAoS

collector

gompat

buckers

anga

damown

bennson

wis

razer

Streamers

Currently looking for people to stream this event. If interested please send me a pm

Event Admins

Quidditch Event Organizer + Event Moderator

Sphynx In charge of Brackets and Scheduling + Event Moderator

RedHydra In charge of Advertising + Event Moderator

Highdrater In charge of Financing + Event Moderator

John Event Moderator

Ginosaji Event Moderator

Demiax Event Moderator

Will the winners get the money this time? I hope they do

Also give John his HotS copy! =D

Highdrater is going to hold the $ for the cash prizes. I dont foresee a problem arising. Also please keep topics like this, that have been discussed at length over and over out of this thread.

A Yo! dude who won

~SLP Masters Cup~

B Max won...

A Wait why they call it SLP cup ?

B Dunno they lost in semifinals to mmori

*based on league ranking

As SLP is donating the cash and hosting the event it self. I see no problem with the name.

I also assumed the in game titles would simply be called Masters Cup Winners. Or something to that effect.

Highdrater is going to hold the $ for the cash prizes. I dont foresee a problem arising. Also please keep topics like this, that have been discussed at length over and over out of this thread.

As SLP is donating the cash and hosting the event it self. I see no problem with the name.

I also assumed the in game titles would simply be called Masters Cup Winners. Or something to that effect.

What if I wanted to donate cash would it be the SLP & Yaldi Masters Cup?

If it's more than 10 teams that I think it will be.. BO3 will be too much this will take ages.. Till some point should be BO1.. Then you can start bO3.

Unless i divide brackets from EU and NA, I refuse to have bo1 games. For the sole reason i dont want people to feel like they lost due to a unlucky coin flip.

The current rule i have for na vs eu matches seems to be the most fair way to go.

Id rather not divide brackets due to the fact there could be 8 eu teams and 2 na teams or vice versa

What if I wanted to donate cash would it be the SLP & Yaldi Masters Cup?

If you want to donate to the prize pool. Your more then welcome. All $ is going straight back to the players. But no, The name will not be changed. This tourney is SLP's way of giving back to the community. To promote unity between the regions and competitive play.

Unless i divide brackets from EU and NA, I refuse to have bo1 games. For the sole reason i dont want people to feel like they lost due to a unlucky coin flip.

The current rule i have for na vs eu matches seems to be the most fair way to go.

Id rather not divide brackets due to the fact there could be 8 eu teams and 2 na teams or vice versa

If you want to donate to the prize pool. Your more then welcome. All $ is going straight back to the players. But no, The name will not be changed. This tourney is SLP's way of giving back to the community. To promote unity between the regions and competitive play.

Yeah it's fine, but imagine EU maybe will about to play their second game and it will be mid night already... Maybe you can consider to start earlier so we all the teams can play the most or start from Friday after 8PM London maybe or earlier up to the people, cuz I know most of us work.

And really is good you are the organiser but none ever did this even Africana master cup hahaha... ;) highlight it down like "SLP op organiser" :)

Yeah it's fine, but imagine EU maybe will about to play their second game and it will be mid night already... Maybe you can consider to start earlier so we all the teams can play the most or start from Friday after 8PM London maybe or earlier up to the people, cuz I know most of us work.

And really is good you are the organiser but none ever did this even Africana master cup hahaha... ;) highlight it down like "SLP op organiser" :)

I tried to make this event as fair as i can. Its earlier then the past events i believe. But if we make it any earlier its effects players on the west cost. The most i feel comfortable with is giving EU an extra hour moving the event to 12noon east from the 1pm its at now. I complete understand where your coming from but i don't want to force the west coast players to be on at 6 am.

Its hard to please every one and we need all need to make compromises. But i feel we can make this work.

One thing we all can work on to shorten the length of the tourney. Is really pressure the teams about having shorter drafts. While i have rules in place. There more or less vague guide lines. If we can avoid 30mins - 1hr draft times Like we have seen in the past and we see in normal in houses it will greatly reduce the length of the event.

Also if you don't like the name I apologize. But next time you can make and promote your own tourney. :p 100% of the cash prize is from NA players. I could of easily made this a NA Server only event. But im trying to accommodate EU players as much as I can. No one can deny EU has gotten the short end of the stick in the majority of these tourneys. But the name is something im not going to budge on.

A Yo! dude who won

~SLP Masters Cup~

B Max won...

A Wait why they call it SLP cup ?

B Dunno they lost in semifinals to mmori

*based on league ranking

did you seriously just flobing say that?

trying to host a tournament thats good for everyone and you start the thread off with shap like that? holy flob

keep the retarded comments to yourself and lets have a fun tournament, alright pal?

Nice to see a clan step up their game and set up an event like this.

I feel like some people in this thread are not contributing to the community if not hurting it.

We're already a very small community that based on a game that ins't even stand alone nor over 3 years old.

To help its success, we should encourge events like this and not the action taken by some of the community members in this thread.

trying to host a tournament thats good for everyone and you start the thread off with shap like that? holy flob

keep the retarded comments to yourself and lets have a fun tournament, alright pal?

Dont get it twisted, i appreciate the fact that there is a tournament.

But naming it after one of the teams playing is boastful.

Either they win and its like we named it SLP cup because we were going to win anyways

Or someone else wins and they are left with a akward title

Only took 4 days,

Omg, what a joke... This tournament is for fun only, why are u trying to create conflicts? U are like that annoying policeman who can give a ticket for crossing on red light when street was completely empty.

In the first case I bet yourself, Guz and potentially Zombiee would be doing exactly what my team have done.

Yet when someone else argues their point they're classed as jobsworths? I'll mention this next time you guys decide to have a cat fight with Quidditch (probs very soon).

Where are the DarKs brigade now? Too busy hijacking a thread regarding something TOTALLY different to the league - in which someone has taken the time to organise a tournament for the community and contributed their own money. Yet we as EU and DarKs players have the god given right to question their naming of the tournament? It's not like a tournament sponsored by a company is allowed to include the company name in the tournament title right? Unsuprisingly no one has asked to take this to PMs..

#DoubleStandards

TlDr: I don't always agree with Quidditch but the behaviour by people here - and their audacity to not admit their wrong - is pretty unsettling. He's setting up the first tournament in ages and you reward him by being a douche to his face? I mean even I troll but I appreciate efforts people put in. This is why African left..

PS: The timing is a good compromise. The only Europeans who could argue they're disadvantaged are the Russians (4-6 hrs ahead of GMT) anyone else has no grounds, most tournaments have started 8PM GMT. Both sides are making sacrficies, NA are using up a lot of their working day and EU are going to have to stretch into the night a bit.

Edited by Skydie

dont know wtf is his problem keeps on flaming mmori that flawless victory, dont care if we win or lose but at least wer doing something good for a new clan

PS: The timing is a good compromise. The only Europeans who could argue they're disadvantaged are the Russians (4-6 hrs ahead of GMT) anyone else has no grounds, most tournaments have started 8PM GMT. Both sides are making sacrficies, NA are using up a lot of their working day and EU are going to have to stretch into the night a bit.

ye, and this is a 1st tourney I remember in which Russians have a chance to win...

But still I hope that this tourney will have streamers that will keep the recordings of those streams alive after the end. Missed last tourney and only found 2 games out of 1000 that actually occurred on one of the streams...

Edited by mynhauzen