Stukov Help

ckcrown

Hello all,

Am not the greatest player in the world but I love grunty and have recently grown quite fond of playing Stukov, I just like his mechanics. Only problem is, I find it very very hard to get kills and especially farming (my money is sooooo low I fall behind maybe I am too dependent on Grunty's shotgun for farm tactics so have unrealistic expectations).

My current build:

1) Lost treasure

2) Start build for gravitys edge and complete ASAP

3) throw a Duran's Pendant in the mix

4) Symphonic Seed

5) Nitrogen Retrofit

6) Yamato Reactor

7) Parallax (helps me survive raynor) OR Sunflare

I usually dont get to items 6-7 due to lack of funding.

Tactics

Burn as much as possible.

Hit my Ult + R + atk and try to kill a hero hoping the poison finishes him off.

He's no supposed to be a burst caster, although his burst damage is somewhat high currently.

I go 1-2-3 for talents with Might, Fitness, Armor, Swiftness, Youth, Wealth.

Goggles>Treasure>Nitrogen Retrofit... Everything else is situational. You can go INT/AA with Star's/cerebro relatively well. You can go AA with Pyre, Shadowmourne, Gravity Edge, Nitrogen retrofit. You can also just go traditional caster with Nitrogen, Seeds, Gravity, Yamato.

Skill combo should be W (if situation permits)>Q>R.

I like to build him as a tanky harrass. With Nitrogen retrofit and his passive slow, he can really punish people that are out of position. I like to focus on kiting early-mid game, then commit when I know I can kill them with a combo.

Edited by ginosaji

He's no supposed to be a burst caster, although his burst damage is somewhat high currently.

I go 1-2-3 for talents with Might, Fitness, Armor, Swiftness, Youth, Wealth.

Goggles>Treasure>Nitrogen Retrofit... Everything else is situational. You can go INT/AA with Star's/cerebro relatively well. You can go AA with Pyre, Shadowmourne, Gravity Edge, Nitrogen retrofit. You can also just go traditional caster with Nitrogen, Seeds, Gravity, Yamato.

Skill combo should be W (if situation permits)>Q>R.

I like to build him as a tanky harrass. With Nitrogen retrofit and his passive slow, he can really punish people that are out of position. I like to focus on kiting early-mid game, then commit when I know I can kill them with a combo.

Think you can provide a newb with a basic build

Lets say I go

1) nitrogen

2) Cerebro

3) Stars Fury

where do I go from here or is that a bad starting point.

lets kinda blend a bit of tankiness, with some spell strength and atk

Think you can provide a newb with a basic build

Lets say I go

1) nitrogen

2) Cerebro

3) Stars Fury

where do I go from here or is that a bad starting point.

lets kinda blend a bit of tankiness, with some spell strength and atk

I prefer INT caster/harrass rather than INT/AA. So my personal build is usually Goggles>Treasure>Nitrogen>Twin Paradox Isolator>Symphonic Seeds>Ihan Crystal>Gravity Edge for damage. You can throw an impact dial in there as well for some aesome manuevering. I usually get an organic carapace for survivability, so get that whenever you feel you need more hp.

For INT/AA with Star's/cerebro, you can really do whatever you want. I usually go goggles>treasure>Lightning Rod>Ihan>Star's fury. Organic carapce for HP. Lifetech nanosuit is nice for spell resist/hp.

My starting order is as follows:

Treasure>Ihan>Ancient Rune>Nitrogen

If I really need some HP buffer sooner, I'll grab the Emerald Lotus from the Nitrogen before starting on Rune. If I find my team is doing well and I'm getting lots of kills/assists, I'll start putting together a Symphonic sooner. If not, I start on Cerebro instead. I'd eventually drop the Symphonic after I have the Cerebro anyway because 400 energy on demand with a short cooldown is miles better than 250 energy over 10 seconds "when you get a kill/assist". Put one point in each skill to start, then max W, followed by E. W will be your primary farming tool and E helps you stay in lane longer by mitigating damage and healing. Eventually, you'll turn the Treasure into a Silver Soul and sell off your Ihan (and Symphonic, if you bought it) as you'll have enough Int, along with Cerebro active, to sustain your energy adequately. By the end, it should look something like this:

Cerebro, Ancient Rune, Nitrogen, Silver Soul, <item 5>, <item 6>. Items 5 and 6 will depend on what you need more and how you're playing. If AA/Int, pick up Star Fury and Eternity and maybe sub the Silver Soul for a Phantom Menace. If going for tanky/harass (his better build IMO), pick up a couple of good tanky items. I like to grab a Chilling plus either Barbed, DST, or SHM depending on what I'm up against.

Basic strategy is to firebomb the creep waves and try to harass enemy hero. If you can, tag him with Q and a quick AA, then fall back a bit. Ult him in the middle of his creeps so it bounces; don't waste your ult if it won't bounce unless a single shot will kill the target. Heal when you need to and spare some heals for your laning partner if he needs it. Remember, the most important thing to remember is don't be afraid to make a tactical withdrawal. Hit them one or two times, then back off. Try to bait them in, then set the firebomb in their expected retreat path. With both your heroic passive slow and Nitrogen, you'll slow them to a crawl. If they mob you, feel free to fall back to a better position. Keep your HP up with E.

My starting order is as follows:

Treasure>Ihan>Ancient Rune>Nitrogen

If I really need some HP buffer sooner, I'll grab the Emerald Lotus from the Nitrogen before starting on Rune. If I find my team is doing well and I'm getting lots of kills/assists, I'll start putting together a Symphonic sooner. If not, I start on Cerebro instead. I'd eventually drop the Symphonic after I have the Cerebro anyway because 400 energy on demand with a short cooldown is miles better than 250 energy over 10 seconds "when you get a kill/assist". Put one point in each skill to start, then max W, followed by E. W will be your primary farming tool and E helps you stay in lane longer by mitigating damage and healing. Eventually, you'll turn the Treasure into a Silver Soul and sell off your Ihan (and Symphonic, if you bought it) as you'll have enough Int, along with Cerebro active, to sustain your energy adequately. By the end, it should look something like this:

Cerebro, Ancient Rune, Nitrogen, Silver Soul, <item 5>, <item 6>. Items 5 and 6 will depend on what you need more and how you're playing. If AA/Int, pick up Star Fury and Eternity and maybe sub the Silver Soul for a Phantom Menace. If going for tanky/harass (his better build IMO), pick up a couple of good tanky items. I like to grab a Chilling plus either Barbed, DST, or SHM depending on what I'm up against.

Basic strategy is to firebomb the creep waves and try to harass enemy hero. If you can, tag him with Q and a quick AA, then fall back a bit. Ult him in the middle of his creeps so it bounces; don't waste your ult if it won't bounce unless a single shot will kill the target. Heal when you need to and spare some heals for your laning partner if he needs it. Remember, the most important thing to remember is don't be afraid to make a tactical withdrawal. Hit them one or two times, then back off. Try to bait them in, then set the firebomb in their expected retreat path. With both your heroic passive slow and Nitrogen, you'll slow them to a crawl. If they mob you, feel free to fall back to a better position. Keep your HP up with E.

Trying this today! Very surprised you aren't maxing Q first, seems the poison + AA is how I get most my kills. nonetheless I will try it with W maxed.

Also can you explain ancient rune to me more? It seems such a small percentage decay off of the remaining health that it seems unlikely to make a huge difference. Obviously I am usually wrong on such thoughts, which is why im here asking for help :)

Rune works best on heroes that have both DoTs and get good benefit from Int. So it's an ideal item on heroes like Toxi and, now, Stukov. It also gives you Int which boosts the damage of your AA and your Ult. With the poison, all you need to start is one token point in it to get the Slow effect from popping them with an AA. You're already nailing them with DoT from W and, with the Rune, that is two sources of %HP DoT as well as a burst of damage to start. And the next priority is E as it gives you sustain and some defense when AA heroes start to harass you. With a stack of energy pots, Ihan, and E, you can stay in lane a LOT longer before you have to fall back.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since recent stupid nerf I don't think burst build is effective on this hero. He never had good INT scaling anyway. With his abilities set he is great as support. Stay behind the team, reduce weapon damage with W, tank up your carry with E and if they get to close use Q+R. Once, before hero get autobanned from inhouses, I asked my teammate to get Eternal Drive and after at the beginning of every teamfight use it and his E on me (I was Balrog), which basically gives +20 armor and nice health regen. That was making Balrog completely unkillable at that point of the game, especially if enemy carry decided to go crit build instead pyre. What I'm trying to say is Stukov as support can provide extremely strong mid game timing with Eternal Drive with some tanky carry like Balrog, Tychus or Penthos

Edited by Spooky

I agree it was stupid nerf..

He already had very low int scaling on spells. In my opinion better players could deal with stukov in lane if they are playing with long or same AA range as stukov. U could easily if u knew his range on q just last hit and kite him around. But ppl were to lazy and just auto him and of course hard nerf after that.

But I do agree it was hard to play vs him in lane, and needed some change.

I think there would be better solution. Giv back poison or burn ( cant rememver what u nerfed) old dmg AND make his q a skillshot. U can make so that ignores creeps and can only hit heros.

This game is anyway lacking skillshots and cuz that u cant see lot of poking or anything..

Rune works best on heroes that have both DoTs and get good benefit from Int. So it's an ideal item on heroes like Toxi and, now, Stukov. It also gives you Int which boosts the damage of your AA and your Ult. With the poison, all you need to start is one token point in it to get the Slow effect from popping them with an AA. You're already nailing them with DoT from W and, with the Rune, that is two sources of %HP DoT as well as a burst of damage to start. And the next priority is E as it gives you sustain and some defense when AA heroes start to harass you. With a stack of energy pots, Ihan, and E, you can stay in lane a LOT longer before you have to fall back.

to this I may add its one of those "regenerator" items, so rushing it will NOT damage your sustaining capabilities but the contrary....imagine how much intel you`d have to have to compensate for the energy regen

If you started with pendant and/or LT when you get ancient rune you pretty much never have to go back to base...for health regen you have your E and LT....and for energy lt/pendant+ the regen from ancient + intel ....combine that with 2 spells that shine with ancient rune`s unique and you have a spell harasser that can make any hero go back to shop early game (except if they have egon or geneva as a lane partner)

I think there would be better solution. Giv back poison or burn ( cant rememver what u nerfed) old dmg AND make his q a skillshot. U can make so that ignores creeps and can only hit heros.

This game is anyway lacking skillshots and cuz that u cant see lot of poking or anything..

Stukov was nerfed because he was too strong in laning faze. Making his Q skillshot wouldn't decrease his lane dominance. But it was awful nerf. His damage output late game was very low even without that nerf, now its even worse. Instead they should have increased mana cost and/or cooldown to reduce his lane dominance and that's all. At least he wouldn't lost his power late game. In Dota u have to care about your mana, so u use skills only when there is option to get a kill, last hit, save life, etc because usually it will take half of your mana early game. But in AoS almost everyone can brainless spam their abilities since level 1 without any punishment, especially INT heroes...

Stukov was nerfed because he was too strong in laning faze. Making his Q skillshot wouldn't decrease his lane dominance. But it was awful nerf. His damage output late game was very low even without that nerf, now its even worse. Instead they should have increased mana cost and/or cooldown to reduce his lane dominance and that's all. At least he wouldn't lost his power late game. In Dota u have to care about your mana, so u use skills only when there is option to get a kill, last hit, save life, etc because usually it will take half of your mana early game. But in AoS almost everyone can brainless spam their abilities since level 1 without any punishment, especially INT heroes...

Making his Q into a skillshot would actually be a large nerf to his laning phase. It would be easy to counterplay by standing behind minions, so he would lose a lot of his early damage output by not being able to spam his Q onto you every time it is off cooldown. I'm not saying this is necessarily the correct nerf, but it would hurt his early game.

Read the actual post, says without hitting minion, and only hero. So stewpid

Spooky did not say anything about it not hitting minions, so I thought he meant as a regular skillshot. Insulting me over such a small misunderstanding just makes you look bad.