About balance by Raphael

Raphael

Talents:

Remake Overlord to +10% Spell and Phisical Resist for Towers from creeps.

Items:

1) Lethal Barb (i hate this item) - increase cost to 3000 or 3300 (for nerf junglers like Nova...)

2) Barbed Plating - Return 50% incoming Physical Damage (before mitigation) as 25% Spell Damage and 25% True Damage.

3) Coat of Arms - remove buff from creeps and summoned units

4) lion' Bare - reduce the cost

5) Mossberg Taser - reduce range for use it (-1)

6) Atom Smasher - remake to scale from STR (not just 200 Spell Damage, but like 100 (+ 50% STR) Spell Damage)

Heroes:

Nerfs:

1) Shadow - vortex make him unkillable

+/- 33% (44/ 55/ 66) mov. speed to much -> reduce it to +/- 11% (22/ 33/ 44)

2) Zera - just reduced the radius of his ulti (-1 or -2, need to test it)

3) Garamond E (turrets) - reduce damage for towers (incredible damage to towers, just towerkiller machine for 5 sec in 7 lvl, without any items)

Mb remove Amplifies for towers.

4) Unix - when his marines-eggs to became invulnerable, remove it plz, its just a cheat, no more.

While 2 heroes def tower , unix just throws his marines-eggs to tower and u cannt stop it, just wait for when the eggs will hatch. After 2 hits from every marines and u have tower with -200 heals. CHEAT!!!

5) And I still hate Maar ulti: 60 rang for TP without vision and 120 rang only with vision (if u think, that u really best maar, use more wards, dude).

Buff:

1) Grunty - add to his standard ulti + 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 mana regen for 8 sec after a visit the river

P.S. Grunty should be more OP vs another OP junglers like Shadow, Ling, Leo, Nova...)

Edited by Raphael

Im not sure I understand the barbed plating change, are you saying it returns 100% of incoming physical as 25% spell and 25% true? What about the other 50% ??

No no 50% PD ofc to 25% lie spell and 25% like true. U right.

Buff snipe? Are you sure?

If u think no, just explain me for what u will pick ghost in inh?

1) For spell damage - no, cyprus, cow, vergil... much better.

2) For stun - no, Summers or just stun knife from DPSers...

3) For Scan - no, we have that item as well

Why should we pick rancor?

I see only 1 reason - counter enemy jungler in early game with Flare Gun from invisibility.

In late game + 40 base spell damage from snipe give u nothing.

Edited by Raphael

Doesnt rly make sense to decrease price of arcbound and increase price of lethal. Crit build right now is not that popular and you yourself said a month ago that pyre is so much better. This change will kill crit builds.

I agree that rancor is not t1 pick in any role, but he is a support not carry. He doesnt need to stand next to a bunch of people to do tripple kill with nuclears. He is just balanced, not up. Cow is op burst, virgil doest have both a stun an ultra ranged aoe. Lines such as raynor ranor, stukov rancor are very strong even now.

Edited by mynhauzen

@Raphael

Overlord- yes

Lethal barb- yes just increase recipe cost by 500

barbed plating- does seem broke. doesn't seem to reflect crap damage. glass cannon nova attacking micro with barbed, micro still dies easy and she lives.

coat of arms- no

lions bane- need remake

taser- no

atom smasher- no

shadow- no

zera- no

garamonds turrets- the problem is that towers have 50% reduce damage to every thing but creep and summoned units this includes Garamond turrets.

unix eggs- read Garamond turrets plus if his eggs were not immune they would never hatch. heroes with aoe or grunty with shot gun own his marines easy.

maar- no

grunty- no, he already owns every here you mentioned in the jungle. he can out jungle nova. but a 1v1 fight in the jungle nova can win until grunty out far ms her.

Rancor- hell no. early game he can be weak for 1v1 but he is great for ks, support. and late game with gravity edge, yamato reactor, sunflare gun, cerebro, energy saber and pyre. he has the int do nuke and snipe for a lot. max attack speed, and because of energy saber he will have about 450 to 500 weapon damage. your talking about a potential 330 damage increase end game to his snipe.

@Raphael

Overlord- yes

Lethal barb- yes just increase recipe cost by 500

barbed plating- does seem broke. doesn't seem to reflect crap damage. glass cannon nova attacking micro with barbed, micro still dies easy and she lives.

coat of arms- no

lions bane- need remake

taser- no

atom smasher- no

shadow- no

zera- no

garamonds turrets- the problem is that towers have 50% reduce damage to every thing but creep and summoned units this includes Garamond turrets.

unix eggs- read Garamond turrets plus if his eggs were not immune they would never hatch. heroes with aoe or grunty with shot gun own his marines easy.

maar- no

grunty- no, he already owns every here you mentioned in the jungle. he can out jungle nova. but a 1v1 fight in the jungle nova can win until grunty out far ms her.

Rancor- hell no. early game he can be weak for 1v1 but he is great for ks, support. and late game with gravity edge, yamato reactor, sunflare gun, cerebro, energy saber and pyre. he has the int do nuke and snipe for a lot. max attack speed, and because of energy saber he will have about 450 to 500 weapon damage. your talking about a potential 330 damage increase end game to his snipe.

Tnx for explain about rancor.

But why no:

coat of arms - no??? creeps already very strong for solo kill towers, why need buff of coat of arms. For summoned units a fortiori, thats why MK is autoban hero.

taser - why no? why you should do it from so far away. Although it does not matter to me, but it would be interesting to test. I think -1 radius that would be best.

atom smasher- no??? We have like item with INT scale - Star's Fury and with weapon damage scale for DPS - Black Hole Magnum. Why we shouldnt have some item for STR heroes???

shadow and zera - just need to test, mb yes or no. But manly ppl think those this heroes is op.

garamonds- i know about 50% reduce damage. I want nerf Gara Turrets.

unix eggs - they should never hatch, if defender of tower do your work for defend. I dont like every thing, that it can have not protect or counter - its just cheat.

Or need now autoban throws marines-eggs if tower dont attacked by creeps. Like autoban unix backdoor. Cuz u can be near your tower and cant stop marines-eggs.

Grunty owns another junglers, lol. He was op, when rockets have nice stun duration. Now he is useless vs another junglers. Nova and Darpa have some dps, but more rang attack. Shadow if can will kill him, if no, just use vortex and run away. For Ling grunty is nice farm hero, he kill him with just 1 jump, after farmed jungle well.

But why no:

coat of arms - the item will be useless, but I agree, its op

taser - no, whats the point to nerf a balanced item?

atom smasher- no. I dont like this idea

shadow and zera - not sure who thinks that they are op. Zeratul is strong only in the hands of 3-4 players, and with a strong teamplay, shadow is easy to play but I dont think that vortex will do anything really. Its like 2 stuns vs 3 in timesplitter. A change for the reason of changing something. I think that his mobility should scale towards late game, and he's gonna be fine.

garamonds- yes

unix eggs - yes

Grunty - no. Very strong in certain hands, doesnt really need a buff vs nova or darpa, he cant simply counter everyone, its just plain stupid. He is a counter for both zeratul and shadow atm. Shadow can escape, yes, and so can zeratul, but so can grunty too with his stun and speed bonus. Its stupid to make someone OP just because you like to play it.

But why no:

coat of arms - the item will be useless, but I agree, its op

taser - no, whats the point to nerf a balanced item?

atom smasher- no. I dont like this idea

shadow and zera - not sure who thinks that they are op. Zeratul is strong only in the hands of 3-4 players, and with a strong teamplay, shadow is easy to play but I dont think that vortex will do anything really. Its like 2 stuns vs 3 in timesplitter. A change for the reason of changing something. I think that his mobility should scale towards late game, and he's gonna be fine.

garamonds- yes

unix eggs - yes

Grunty - no. Very strong in certain hands, doesnt really need a buff vs nova or darpa, he cant simply counter everyone, its just plain stupid. He is a counter for both zeratul and shadow atm. Shadow can escape, yes, and so can zeratul, but so can grunty too with his stun and speed bonus. Its stupid to make someone OP just because you like to play it.

Its just for standard autoattack fight. But ultis of shadow or zera more OP, than ulti Grunty. You cannt dispute this.

Shadow can kill him in his ulty with stun knife very easy. Zera in late game can kill any hero in his ulti. Nova have more OP Ulti too. R+E after Nova will kill him from far...

Edited by Raphael

Its just for standard autoattack fight. But ultis of shadow or zera more OP, than ulti Grunty. You cannt dispute this.

Shadow can kill him in his ulty with stun knife very easy. Zera in late game can kill any hero in his ulti. Nova have more OP Ulti too. R+E after Nova will kill him from far...

I agree that their ulties are stronger, but grunty with shadowmourne needs to attack zeratul only once to kill zeratul in his own ulti. Grunty with ulti can solo zera with no ulti in 1 second. Grunty should win vs shadow with a proper build.

I don't think Grunty is UP against any of the characters you mentioned. With swamp trap and his ability to shawtgun zera/shadow away, there are very few moments that either should have the upper hand on grunty. I think that ling might be the only character that grunty would struggle against but thats a fact of life with this game and with proper swamp traps in the river and positioning it should be hard for ling to kill you as well. Grunty is going to struggle against nova/darpa as they out range him... however if he lands a rocket and gets in close both get overwhelmed by grunty especially if he has shadowmourne and TS. Your argument to balance Grunty is to give him mana regen while in the river. 1.) How does this balance him out, as the characters you are talking about use either burst or assassin tactics to kill Grunty, in which case having more mana for shawtgun does nothing. 2.) Due to Grunty's passive his ability to farm early game is unparalleled by any agi carry, and giving him more mana would just allow him to even more spam shawtgun.

I don't think Grunty is UP against any of the characters you mentioned. With swamp trap and his ability to shawtgun zera/shadow away, there are very few moments that either should have the upper hand on grunty. I think that ling might be the only character that grunty would struggle against but thats a fact of life with this game and with proper swamp traps in the river and positioning it should be hard for ling to kill you as well. Grunty is going to struggle against nova/darpa as they out range him... however if he lands a rocket and gets in close both get overwhelmed by grunty especially if he has shadowmourne and TS. Your argument to balance Grunty is to give him mana regen while in the river. 1.) How does this balance him out, as the characters you are talking about use either burst or assassin tactics to kill Grunty, in which case having more mana for shawtgun does nothing. 2.) Due to Grunty's passive his ability to farm early game is unparalleled by any agi carry, and giving him more mana would just allow him to even more spam shawtgun.

Ulti of Zera not only for solo kill, he can disable full enemy team for 5 sec.

Shadow best jungler hero IMAO. Shadow can have 18 lvl, when any another enemy heroes will have 12-13 lvl and 15-16 lvl enemy jungler.

I've seen a lot of games with Grunty. And that hero make game only when team have good domination.

I never dind see when Grunty made game from defence.

Why it is more balanced, with little mana regen Grunty will have more resources for have domination in game.

What u think about it?

I was emphasizing the points you just made. Zera's and Shadow's Ult's are very powerful... however giving mana regen to grunty does nothing to alleviate this. If Zera or Shadow catch you out of the river and without proper advanced swamp traps placed you are in trouble, but that goes for most characters in the game. I am not arguing the fact that they are powerful characters with powerful abilities but adding mana regen only allows grunty slightly more spamming from shawtgun and that does nothing to contend with this. Shade and Zera are assassins, which by nature means that they are powerful in 1v1 situations and much less so in team fights (yes both can change team fights but they snowball by picking off opponents not by team fighting). Whereas Grunty has a high DPS output but also has a lot of utility. Shawtgun can not only deal damage but can be used as a "pull" of sorts except you get 3 of them at a time. Grunty can blast people into a betty, into a chrono, into stukov's abilities. Grunty has free vision with his swamp traps, which can also zone out the other team just as well as Chronosphere ( bare with me here), 3 swamp traps placed a 3-4 units from each other in a choke point can make for amazing team engagements/ ganks. What Grunty lacks in general 1v1 ability he more than makes up for in utility. Grunty doesn't snowball as much because he doesn't thrive on 1v1 ganks, he thrives in map control and utility. Check out a grunty who spams swamp traps in the enemies jungle and river, you can massively delay the shadow's or zera's farm.

I was emphasizing the points you just made. Zera's and Shadow's Ult's are very powerful... however giving mana regen to grunty does nothing to alleviate this. If Zera or Shadow catch you out of the river and without proper advanced swamp traps placed you are in trouble, but that goes for most characters in the game. I am not arguing the fact that they are powerful characters with powerful abilities but adding mana regen only allows grunty slightly more spamming from shawtgun and that does nothing to contend with this. Shade and Zera are assassins, which by nature means that they are powerful in 1v1 situations and much less so in team fights (yes both can change team fights but they snowball by picking off opponents not by team fighting). Whereas Grunty has a high DPS output but also has a lot of utility. Shawtgun can not only deal damage but can be used as a "pull" of sorts except you get 3 of them at a time. Grunty can blast people into a betty, into a chrono, into stukov's abilities. Grunty has free vision with his swamp traps, which can also zone out the other team just as well as Chronosphere ( bare with me here), 3 swamp traps placed a 3-4 units from each other in a choke point can make for amazing team engagements/ ganks. What Grunty lacks in general 1v1 ability he more than makes up for in utility. Grunty doesn't snowball as much because he doesn't thrive on 1v1 ganks, he thrives in map control and utility. Check out a grunty who spams swamp traps in the enemies jungle and river, you can massively delay the shadow's or zera's farm.

U absolutely right!

But for spam swamp traps need mana, for rocket need mana, for shotgun need mana. For Grunty need a lot of mana...

If he get mana regen u can do more useful things... And he can provide a strong dominance for team.

Like that Grunty ulty became OP like Zera or Shadow ulties.

I am not about counter zera or shadow ulti. I am about make his ulti OP like zera or shadow ulties.

Edited by Raphael

U absolutely right!

But for spam swamp traps need mana, for rocket need mana, for shotgun need man. For Grunty need a lot of man...

If he get mana regen u can do more useful things... And he can provide a strong dominance for team.

Like that Grunty ulty became OP like Zera or Shadow ulties.

I am not about counter zera or shadow ulti. I am about make his ulti OP like zera or shadow ulties.

I like that you are wanting to buff grunty because he is one of my main's and I usually end up playing him in all of our IH's when grunty is needed. However if grunty is jungling and the river buffs his mana regen... then he will be able to max out shawtgun very early which is counter to what you should go with grunty. Grunty's passive damage already makes it easier to farm then most other junglers except maybe Shade. If you add this change he will be able to almost instantly wipe jungles out and then run through the river and push back lanes then run through the river and jungle then run through the river and push. I just think thats a dangerous mechanic to add to Grunty. It will end up making more people get phantom menace and other speed buffs just so that they can run back to river faster to regen and then push a different lane.

Yes yes, it should be dangerous, make him OP!!!

And make op Cain (3 sec duration freeze).

I tied to see every inh some heroes in ban and some heroes in pick.

Each inh is some, changes only 1-2, max 3 heroes... so boring.

Alltime see: Nova, Darpa, shadow, zera, toxi, ling, boros, leo.... drake, micro, brine, lz.... cow, dustin, raynor, vergil... unix, gara, summers, maar, jax, rory...

Rare heroes in games: penthos, kerrigan, balrog, grunty, akasha, cain, medic, vorpal, erekul

Standard bans for a lot of inhs: tosh, zera, maar, gara, shadow, lz, rory, darpa, nova

Other characters I dont even remember the game.

Mb if change 1-2 heroes, make those more OP, mb then all drafts will changes...

Edited by Raphael

Yes yes, it should be dangerous, make him OP!!!

And make op Cain (3 sec duration freeze).

I tied to see every inh some heroes in ban and some heroes in pick.

Each inh is some, changes only 1-2, max 3 heroes... so boring.

Alltime see: Nova, Darpa, shadow, zera, toxi, ling, boros, leo.... drake, micro, brine, lz.... cow, dustin, raynor, vergil... unix, gara, summers, maar, jax, rory...

Rare heroes in games: penthos, kerrigan, balrog, grunty, akasha, cain, medic, vorpal, erekul

Standard bans for a lot of inhs: tosh, zera, maar, gara, shadow, lz, rory, darpa, nova

Other characters I dont even remember the game.

Mb if change 1-2 heroes, make those more OP, mb then all drafts will changes...

I see what you are saying however Kerrigan, Justicar, Medic, Vorpal, Cain are all common enough. Look at the SLP vs. mmori game. Medic was choosen 2x and I believe Cain was as well. I think that Grunty specifically isn't picked in IH not because he is UP but because not a lot of people play him and also the fear of if you lose map control AKA lose your tier 1 towers, it makes Grunty much less effective as its harder to utilize the river. Grunty is the only character in the game that is like this. I really don't agree with making a character/characters OverPowered so that they will be picked more often IH. Just my opinion.

Yes, Medic was piked. I ma not about medic. I am about changes ideas of drafts. Make more op medic cannt changes draft. It will not change anything. Just mb faster heals or something...

But up some heroes can change a lot.

Mana regen for Grunty - more swamp traps....

3 sec freeze from Cain can be interesting idea for combo with jax...

Btw... pub... what hero is king of pub and first love for every "megapro"???? What??? Egon??? nop) SHADOW =))))

Mb change it for pub...