A few item suggestions

MOTHER

I've compiled a few item suggestions that have been brought up in the last few weeks that I think may improve the game, some mine, some modified from others.

Duran's Pendant

Change unique to 3-5%% spell leech. Would not stack with Eternity.

Ihan Crystal

Switch Storm Pauldron with Duran's Pendant. You can still include 2 temporal platings separately as components but it is not necessary. Change stats accordingly, but price remains the same. This is to incentivize the purchase of Duran's Pendant among INT heroes as well as to be consistent with the AGI and STR equivalent items which build into better items.

Eye of Narud

Change this item to favor tanks or support roles carrying it. Something like this:

+300 Health (Or equivalent in points of STR)

+5 HP regen

+3 MP regen

[unique 1] Parry 1: +25% Evasion

[unique 2] Foresight: You and allied heroic units in 8u gain +1 sight range.

[Active] Create an Observer that lasts 120 seconds. 30 second cool down. Up to 3 Observers at a time.

It should cost something in the range of 2300-2800 and have LT as a component.

Phantom Menace

Switch Nerazim Dagger component with Stablizer. Phantom Menace now gives +18 STR, + 18 INT, +18 AGI and +20 Primary Attribute instead of only AGI.

Sword Breaker

Increase active duration to 5 seconds (from 3) to be consistent with Taser's silence 5 second duration. Most AA heroes have built in escapes and 3 seconds is very short.

Eternal Drive

Increase base energy and base energy regeneration to 400 Energy and 4-4.5 Energy/sec respectively. Reduce active cooldown by 15 seconds. Currently Parallax offers superior debuff immunity and heal (not to mention stats) and this item, contrary to what its name suggests, does not offer sufficient sustain to choose it over other Energy items.

Kassia Crystal

New unique: Healings effects improved by 25% and an additional 3% for every hero kill/assist, stacking up to 10 times. All stacks lost upon death.

Vibranium Shield/Spell Buffer

Switch weapon damage component of Vibranium Shield with 1 or 2 Sapphire Mox' (See next paragraph to understand this suggestion). Alternatively, switch weapon damage component with armor or another Nullifier and change stats accordingly. A final option would be removing the weapon damage component and simply reducing the price accordingly.

For active Guardian, allow the amount of shields given by Vibranium Shield/Spell Buffer to scale with Energy, granting shields equal to 10%/15% of Max Energy respectively. This will allow the active to remain relevant through out the game and is more suitable for support roles, especially INT casters - AA heroes already have Galactic Defender which offers them shields, resistance and weapon damage.

Allies still gain half the amount of shields you gain but as a new counter pusher twist, Allied structures will also gain shields (half the amount you gain) from the active Guardian for 5 seconds. This in turn will make Vibranium Shield/Spell Buffer an effective counter pushing utility at your team's disposal and help fill the void in the current item database for counter pushing items.

Edited by Jessika

Hmm, another buff support thread?:) i love eye of narud on the jungler. Supports should buy wards. They dont do that well imo.

Not really buff supports as much as give supports more incentives to buy purely support items and buy them earlier in their builds. Supports would still have to buy TS wards as the observers do not offer detection.

Also who isn't a jungler in AoS? :) Most ih games I've played placed their carry AA heroes in the jungle because of how lucrative and easy it is to farm and those heroes are not suitable to carry something like the Eye of Narud nor should they be. I also don't think there are proper junglers in AoS.

Edited by Jessika

I've compiled a few item suggestions that have been brought up in the last few weeks that I think may improve the game, some mine, some modified from others.

Duran's Pendant

Change unique to 10% spell leech. Would not stack with Eternity.

There is a reason spell leech was removed from the game for the most part. Also 10% is a crap ton for a 640 mineral item, i could see maybe if it were at 2-4% non stacking that maybe build into something that gave 10% (also non stacking)

Sword Breaker already has a unique called 'Parry 1' which I borrowed for Eye as I don't think Evasion should stack considering how powerful it can be. Another approach is to give one of the two items (or another item altogether) a unique called Parry 2 which gave slightly more evasion and would take precedence over Parry 1 in an item build.

Edited by Jessika

Pendant doesn't fit with ihan... It should build into starfury (spell leech or otherwise, either would work, I myself dont really like the energy leech so a powerstrike that leeches spell might be interesting)

Edit: beware, beware over-viable speed items. I think menace has decent applications already.

Edited by thomulf

@Einstein

I actually think deleting stun knife is the way to go, unless maybe the stun is turned into an active 1 second stun but it would still nullify the need for cc heroes and give aa carries something they shouldn't have early game.

@Thomulf

I thought of making it a component of Sunflare which already has spell leech but Sunflare isn't as basic as Ihan which is suitable on pretty much any int hero as a first or second item. Star's Fury is too situational and only suits a niche type of hero too. The STR and AGI counterparts of Pendant build into better more general purpose use items which is why I and others suggested Pendant be a component of Ihan. The stats of both Pendant and Ihan can be streamlined for this change easily.

The problem with Menace is that its unique is so good, many non-agi heroes get it as a situational item in their builds. I think it would be better to recategorize it into a potentially good item for all hero types like Yamato and Parallax. AoS has no boots like DotA for example and nothing comes close to giving what Menace's unique gives. It can still give more agi than other stats like how yamato gives a bit more int than other stats perhaps. This approach is better than creating an STR or INT movement speed item (Gravity and Lion's Bane are not good ms items or at least anywhere near as good as Menace).

Edited by Jessika