Collective Title Ownership

EKCO

Because we uploaded Aeon of Storms prior to the cross-region acconts, we do not have all titles under one collective account. While we still have access to some of the other accounts, not all of the accounts have been upgraded to HotS, and some have had their passwords changed as well.

In order to avoid having to change our game name again, and collectively migrate people around (again), we've petitioned Blizzard to have the names moved under one account. Help us out by supporting this petition here:

http://us.battle.net...pic/11676288042

Show your support there. Keep the thread hot!

So by making the post and I quote:

'We used to upload the map using another person's account' and more specifically:

While we still have access to some of the other accounts, not all of the accounts have been upgraded to HotS, and some have had their passwords changed as well.

You have attempted to log into other people's accounts (which they previously may have given you access to). As a result you have found that the password has been changed - and that/those persons involved have not shared with you the new information. I need not challenge anyone about the conclusions one draws from this.

Legally this also breaches Blizzard Entertainment's Battle.net terms of use:

Specifically

5.3 Username and Password. During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a unique username and/or a password (collectively referred to hereunder as "Login Information"), and you may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and, provided that you act negligently or willfully, you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Blizzard through our web contact form at https://eu.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit.

The result:

7.1 If you fail to comply with any terms contained in this Agreement, the In Game Policies and/or a Game EULA, Blizzard will provide you with a warning of your non-compliance. In case of a serious violation of this Agreement, the in Game Policies and/or a Game EULA, Blizzard will be entitled to immediately terminate the Service without any prior warning. Serious violations are violations of important provisions which include Sections 2, 5.2 and 9 of this Agreement or repeated violations of other provisions of this Agreement, the in Game Policies and/or a Game EULA, including further non-compliance where you already have received a prior warning.

Source: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/termsofuse.html

Self-incrimination at its finest.

It was a popular act among the sc2 developer community, since you couldn't publish to other regions unless you buy another account for each one. Blizzard was aware of this issue and thus made it global after 2 years. The rule they have there is weak, and honestly I don't think it'll be strongly enforce, especially the action to expand sc2 arcade promotes their goal. It's really there so that people can't press charges on them.

Edited by RedHydra

"You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and, provided that you act negligently or willfully, you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information"

so whats your point?

sharing account info that is owned by you is not illegal

it just makes you responsible for actions you may or may not have taken if someone else uses your account info to do things on your behalf

the action they are taking is uploading to different reasons which is clearly not illegal

sharing account info that is owned by you is not illegal

it just makes you responsible for actions you may or may not have taken if someone else uses your account info to do things on your behalf

I thought bolding certain parts of my text was enough. Clearly not.

5.3 ..you may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.

ANARCHY respectively I ask you to re-read the above quote. The situation in which EKCO has shared other people's accounts is NOT explicitly permitted.

The part of your quote I bolded refers more specifically to WoW. It is there in the case an account is breached, making out that consequences of actions by another person on your account are legally your actions - in the case of scamming/gold buying. This covers Blizzard's back and puts you liable for misconduct. It is not a license to 'share'.